Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 6 - Return of the F.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To be fair, when we say he’ll be a playoff warrior we’re taking into account that Brady is playing in 2020 not 1998, where his physical style is much more rare and where defensemen are much more likely to be smaller and softer.

Saying he will be a playoff warrior also isn’t limited to point production. Gary Roberts was a key to the leafs beating the sens in 03-04, he only had 4 points in 7 games.

Also, while you are demonstrating facts about Keith’s production (as opposed to performance), do you actually disagree that Brady will be a warrior, beast, menace or whatever other synonym you choose in the playoffs?
Could not have said it better myself. Good post.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Similar levels of talent. Much different personalities.
very different talent levels and very different type of games too. Matt is a playmaker and Brady is a net crashing physical presence.

And in terms of talent level Matt has put up elite offensive numbers at every level he has played at, Brady has never put up elite offensive numbers at any level.

Both are invaluable and will be big parts of any cup winning team.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Also, while you are demonstrating facts about Keith’s production (as opposed to performance), do you actually disagree that Brady will be a warrior, beast, menace or whatever other synonym you choose in the playoffs?

Yes, I disagree with the assumption. He might, but I'll file it under the massive overhyping of Brady until he actually does.

Sorry if that bothers his fans.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For all those posters assuming that Brady will be a playoff warrior and pointing to his similarities to Keith.

Keith
Regular season .89 ppg 73 point pace
Playoffs .63 ppg 52 point pace (zero cups)

If you compare first 2 years Brady slightly ahead on pace on regular season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brady makes me think of a better version of Holmstrom

He is bigger and a bit more skilled, has better vision too, but he just lives in front of the net the way Holmstrom would. Everything about the way he plays is the type of stuff that typically translates to the playoffs.

Time will tell, but i like his odds.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
very different talent levels and very different type of games too. Matt is a playmaker and Brady is a net crashing physical presence.

And in terms of talent level Matt has put up elite offensive numbers at every level he has played at, Brady has never put up elite offensive numbers at any level.

Both are invaluable and will be big parts of any cup winning team.

Matt has played with elite players pre+NHL like Markers and Matthews. Brady has played with guys the calibre of Josh Norris. Brady has also put up elite numbers at every elite international tournament he's played at.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Brady is easily one of the most unique players in the NHL. He has everything but skating. Can play in all situations, with any line mates.

Personally my favourite aspect about Brady is that he’s Brady. A 2nd born son to a HOF player, shadowed by his brother and doubted by his peers. The chip on his massive shoulders is huge, and he will use it as leverage.

Kid’s a gamer. Going to be our Messier. That’s how you spell messiah in hockey.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Matt has played with elite players pre+NHL like Markers and Matthews. Brady has played with guys the calibre of Josh Norris. Brady has also put up elite numbers at every elite international tournament he's played at.

True but it's not like Matt was a passenger to them. And besides if you have en elite skill set you put up numbers regardless.

+ like just watch them play dude. The skillset gap is apparent.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Anybody watching "Stuck with the Tkachuks" on Youtube? Brady and Mathew go head to head in things like frisbee golf, field hockey and other games. It's pretty good.. both brothers have likable personalities and their younger sister might be the best athlete of the family.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
True but it's not like Matt was a passenger to them. And besides if you have en elite skill set you put up numbers regardless.

+ like just watch them play dude. The skillset gap is apparent.

I'm going to guess you weren't one of the people who claimed that Brady only put up numbers last season because he played with Stone, right?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I'm going to guess you weren't one of the people who claimed that Brady only put up numbers last season because he played with Stone, right?
People will be continuing to eat crow about Brady for years. Usually it’s the people who were wrong about him on draft day who want to see him fail

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Brady would put up those numbers or close to with almost anyone.

A lot of skill players struggle because they don't go to the front of the net for those easy goals. Brady is the exact opposite.

Reactions: aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anybody watching "Stuck with the Tkachuks" on Youtube? Brady and Mathew go head to head in things like frisbee golf, field hockey and other games. It's pretty good.. both brothers have likable personalities and their younger sister might be the best athlete of the family.

If it were possible, I'd draft the sister ahead of both brothers, easily. That family has amazing athletic DNA.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Yes, I disagree with the assumption. He might, but I'll file it under the massive overhyping of Brady until he actually does.

Sorry if that bothers his fans.

It doesn’t bother me at all, you’re entitled to your opinion,I just wanted clarification.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
True, but we also don't really know what's gonna happen.

But Brady could also very easily play hardball with the senators. How bad would it look if they hype up Brady as the franchise cornerstone only to not sign him to a long term contract and lose him? It's the same reason Dorion overpaid Colin White. And Brady carries significantly more amount of clout than White. Not to mention he's firmly entrenched as a fan favourite already.

Did Dorion overpay White? Perhaps my memory is failing me but i recall the consensus here being the White contract was a pretty reasonable deal for the team and that it was good to see the team lock up young players.

White had a bad 1st year on that deal and part of that was injury driven.

I just don't recall the bandwagon jumping on the White deal as a bad deal at the time and an injury driven poor year shouldn't change that

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's overhyped because on a normal team he's the 3rd or 4th best forward, and the 3rd or 4th highest paid forward. But Ottawa management have hyped him up as their cornerstone forward. He can absolutely cash in on that and demand a top forward player salary.

I mean look at how much better/valuable Tkachuk is than White, and White got close to 5 mill. No way Brady is accepting anything less than 7.

3rd or 4th best forward?

Would you trade him straight up for Nylander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad