Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Slot-Shots-1-1024x576.png

Brady still killing it in when it comes to individual fancy stats 5v5, some more top 5 lists

PlayerixG
Brady Tkachuk20.32
Brendan Gallagher17.61
Max Pacioretty16.16
Auston Matthews15.28
Anders Lee15.22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriSCF
Brady Tkachuk207
Auston Matthews206
Brendan Gallagher192
Alex Ovechkin185
Max Pacioretty181
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriHDCF
Brady Tkachuk115
Brendan Gallagher104
Anders Lee88
Auston Matthews80
Alex Ovechkin79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRush Attempts
Brady Tkachuk20
Ondrej Palat16
Max Pacioretty14
Jakub Vrana14
Alex Ovechkin13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRebounds Created
Brent Burns34
Brendan Gallagher33
Brady Tkachuk31
Tyler Toffoli30
Nathan MacKinnon24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerHits
Ryan Reaves270
Brady Tkachuk255
Matt Martin218
Tom Wilson216
Brandon Tanev216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Absolutely bonkers...

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Even though I criticized his development a couple days ago, I thought he was good against Nashville. He looked fast and dialed in.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What i find remarkable about the lists i posted is he isn't a speedster or a notorious cherry picker yet he is getting tops in the league rush attempts and scoring chances.

If he improves his puck skills and shot he could be a 40 goal guy instead of a 20 goal guy (a bit hyperbolic i know).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Brady still killing it in when it comes to individual fancy stats 5v5, some more top 5 lists

PlayerixG
Brady Tkachuk20.32
Brendan Gallagher17.61
Max Pacioretty16.16
Auston Matthews15.28
Anders Lee15.22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriSCF
Brady Tkachuk207
Auston Matthews206
Brendan Gallagher192
Alex Ovechkin185
Max Pacioretty181
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriHDCF
Brady Tkachuk115
Brendan Gallagher104
Anders Lee88
Auston Matthews80
Alex Ovechkin79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRush Attempts
Brady Tkachuk20
Ondrej Palat16
Max Pacioretty14
Jakub Vrana14
Alex Ovechkin13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRebounds Created
Brent Burns34
Brendan Gallagher33
Brady Tkachuk31
Tyler Toffoli30
Nathan MacKinnon24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerHits
Ryan Reaves270
Brady Tkachuk255
Matt Martin218
Tom Wilson216
Brandon Tanev216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Absolutely bonkers...

Kid is going to get paid. I wonder if he elects shorter term to really boost his value as the team improves

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

PlayerixG
Brady Tkachuk20.32
Brendan Gallagher17.61
Max Pacioretty16.16
Auston Matthews15.28
Anders Lee15.22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriSCF
Brady Tkachuk207
Auston Matthews206
Brendan Gallagher192
Alex Ovechkin185
Max Pacioretty181
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriHDCF
Brady Tkachuk115
Brendan Gallagher104
Anders Lee88
Auston Matthews80
Alex Ovechkin79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRush Attempts
Brady Tkachuk20
Ondrej Palat16
Max Pacioretty14
Jakub Vrana14
Alex Ovechkin13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRebounds Created
Brent Burns34
Brendan Gallagher33
Brady Tkachuk31
Tyler Toffoli30
Nathan MacKinnon24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerHits
Ryan Reaves270
Brady Tkachuk255
Matt Martin218
Tom Wilson216
Brandon Tanev216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Absolutely bonkers...

The stats are great but he also spams shots from every possible area of the ice. Which isn't too much a of a bad thing, but he's not getting those stats because he's controlling the play out there.

I'd just like him to utilize a little more poise and puck control. Although it wouldn't be such a issue if we add a line driver to his line. Someone who can hold the puck and create so Brady can be Brady.

Seeing Gallagher on it is also interesting because Brady plays a similar game to him.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The stats are great but he also spams shots from every possible area of the ice. Which isn't too much a of a bad thing, but he's not getting those atts because he's controlling the play out there.

I'd just like him to utilize a little more poise and puck control. Although it wouldn't be such a issue if we add a line driver to his line. Someone who can hold the puck and create so Brady can be Brady.

Seeing Gallagher on it is also interesting because Brady plays a similar game to him.
Spamming shots from everywhere shouldn't show up in any of those tables except maybe the rush chances.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Spamming shots from everywhere shouldn't show up in any of those tables except maybe the rush chances.

I don't know, Brady takes a lot of in close shots from the sides, as well as on wrap arounds, and trying to jam pucks in. Which I think get classified as HD shots due to proximity. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, and it's refreshing seeing a player say f*** it and just drive/shoot on net anytime he can. But I think it skews the stats when talking about scoring chances created, expected goals, and the like.

Also I'd like add that he only really spams shots from in close or while on a odd man break. Not exactly a player who tries to control the play/snipe above the hashmarks.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What i find remarkable about the lists i posted is he isn't a speedster or a notorious cherry picker yet he is getting tops in the league rush attempts and scoring chances.

If he improves his puck skills and shot he could be a 40 goal guy instead of a 20 goal guy (a bit hyperbolic i know).
It’s not hyperbolic, he works on his game and improves on his weaknesses. He reminds me of Siakim in that way. His skating is blowing me away. Has anyone else noticed he doesn’t wind up on his ass nearly as much ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know, Brady takes a lot of in close shots from the sides, as well as on wrap arounds, and trying to jam pucks in. Which I think get classified as HD shots due to proximity. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, and it's refreshing seeing a player say f*** it and just drive/shoot on net anytime he can. But I think it skews the stats when talking about scoring chances created, expected goals, and the like.

Also I'd like add that he only really spams shots from in close or while on a odd man break. Not exactly a player who tries to control the play/snipe above the hashmarks.
The counter argument is xGF which accounts for a slew of vaiables (shot location, shot type, rush or not, rebound or not, following a pass or not, ect) and uses that data to get the historical % of that a shot matching those variable scoring. I he was taking a lot shots that were close in proximity but low % in all the other variables he wouldn't be leading the xGF stat.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

PlayerixG
Brady Tkachuk20.32
Brendan Gallagher17.61
Max Pacioretty16.16
Auston Matthews15.28
Anders Lee15.22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriSCF
Brady Tkachuk207
Auston Matthews206
Brendan Gallagher192
Alex Ovechkin185
Max Pacioretty181
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayeriHDCF
Brady Tkachuk115
Brendan Gallagher104
Anders Lee88
Auston Matthews80
Alex Ovechkin79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRush Attempts
Brady Tkachuk20
Ondrej Palat16
Max Pacioretty14
Jakub Vrana14
Alex Ovechkin13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerRebounds Created
Brent Burns34
Brendan Gallagher33
Brady Tkachuk31
Tyler Toffoli30
Nathan MacKinnon24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerHits
Ryan Reaves270
Brady Tkachuk255
Matt Martin218
Tom Wilson216
Brandon Tanev216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Absolutely bonkers...
Ya but he has no skill :help:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Idk boys...to my eyes Brady is carrying the puck blue line to blue line far more than he used to 25 games ago

As for carrying the play...watch the dude below the hash marks...7 times out of 10 he gives up the puck when he's damn well ready to give up the puck and not before...he's playing a very undefendable style of game.. he's going to get stronger and he's going to be unstoppable below the hash marks

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tkachuk on pace to be the first player ever to record 300 shots and 300 hits in the same season.

Short list of guys who have recorded 300+ hits, only ~18 times since the stat started being recorded, and half of that is Clutterbuck and Matt Martin. I think they only started tracking hits in 05-06.

A much bigger list of guys hit 300+ shots, partially because they've been tracking the stat much longer.

Still, very impressive if he manages to hit 300 shots (300 hits should be easy as he only has 21 to go).

Reactions: Caesar Rex

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That just means he never has the puck and takes too many useless shots

Most of his hits tbh are in the neutral zone. He is a one man forechecker all over the ice, even the most elusive players panic when they feel him behind them or beside them. Look at Quinn Hughes last game.

Also, he's ridiculous at hounding the puck and the player because of his longer reach. The guy is a beast plain and simple.

There was this one shift in the past couple games where he was going behind the net coming to the other side and someone was tailing him, then someone else came from the other side of the net to hit him, they both sandwich Tkachuk but the guy legit made both players bounce off him, it was remarkable. He's only 20 too, loooool.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Most of his hits tbh are in the neutral zone. He is a one man forechecker all over the ice, even the most elusive players panic when they feel him behind them or beside them. Look at Quinn Hughes last game.

Also, he's ridiculous at hounding the puck and the player because of his longer reach. The guy is a beast plain and simple.

There was this one shift in the past couple games where he was going behind the net coming to the other side and someone was tailing him, then someone else came from the other side of the net to hit him, they both sandwich Tkachuk but the guy legit made both players bounce off him, it was remarkable. He's only 20 too, loooool.
Yea it was a joke.

Guy is a beast at his age. I really like the element he brings to the team on and off the ice.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He just needs to work on his release and his skating. He'll never be elite at either in all likelihood but he doesn't need to be. He's on pace for 49 points will both of those elements of his game being subpar. Just a little better agility; a quicker, slightly harder shot; and naturally gaining strength as he ages and he'll be a terrific player. He'll be very similar in impact to his brother in Calgary.

Early prediction for Brady for next year (if we don't somehow get a top line C in a trade) is 25-28 goals and 25-30 assists. He has such an understated (and underrated) hockey intelligence that he manages to score without having any real top line skills. It's impressive.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Ideally I want him to add some Getzlaf to his game. Obviously he doesn't have the same vision but I think he has the potential to be able to hold the puck like him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Another aspect of Brady's game that doesn't get mentioned is how entertaining he is to watch regardless of the points he gets. His highlight package won't just include goals, it'll have all the hits, the chirping, the laughing and general buffoonery. He just happens to have skills to go along with that big personality, and that's something you don't get that much in hockey these days, even from the elite guys. We're very lucky to have him in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad