Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I love the way Tklachuk plays, he has an impact on almost every shift. He made some very nice plays tonight, he sees the ice really well, has a high hockey IQ & is a pretty good playmaker too. He doesn't play exactly the same way Stone does but he can have the same impact in a few yrs IMO. He's good at both ends of the ice & is an SOB to play against.

He needs to work on his skating & balance but once he gets that straightened out he will be an excellent player for Ott. IMO if Stone is traded with all the youth on this team I would not be adverse to making him the captain, he has all the tools & job requirements of a captain IMO. I like White a lot too, same could be said about him, he is quietly having a pretty good rookie season too while Tkachuk is having a good loud rookie season.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I love the way Tklachuk plays, he has an impact on almost every shift. He made some very nice plays tonight, he sees the ice really well, has a high hockey IQ & is a pretty good playmaker too. He doesn't play exactly the same way Stone does but he can have the same impact in a few yrs IMO. He's good at both ends of the ice & is an SOB to play against.

He needs to work on his skating & balance but once he gets that straightened out he will be an excellent player for Ott. IMO if Stone is traded with all the youth on this team I would not be adverse to making him the captain, he has all the tools & job requirements of a captain IMO. I like White a lot too, same could be said about him, he is quietly having a pretty good rookie season too while Tkachuk is having a good loud rookie season.

He's not going to have the same impact as Stone lol. Stone is a line driver.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's not going to have the same impact as Stone lol. Stone is a line driver.
The kid is 19 & already making an impact on this team & in this league. He has all the tools to be a driver, most people on here didn't even think Stone would make the NHL because of his skating at the same age. Wasn't Stone still in junior at 19 & Bingo at 20, not even in the NHL? Maybe Tkachuk never becomes as good but maybe he does, nobody knows what the future holds for him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The kid is 19 & already making an impact on this team & in this league. He has all the tools to be a driver, most people on here didn't even think Stone would make the NHL because of his skating at the same age. Wasn't Stone still in junior at 19 & Bingo at 20, not even in the NHL? Maybe Tkachuk never becomes as good but maybe he does, nobody knows what the future holds for him.

It's not the skating that concerns me it's the mind. Tkachuk simply doesn't have the hockey sense and creativity to be the line driver. He needs someone else to do that so he can do the dirty work in front of the net.

It's not to say he has bad hockey IQ it's just no where near guys like Stone or Karlsson who are play drivers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's not the skating that concerns me it's the mind. Tkachuk simply doesn't have the hockey sense and creativity to be the line driver. He needs someone else to do that so he can do the dirty work in front of the net.

It's not to say he has bad hockey IQ it's just no where near guys like Stone or Karlsson who are play drivers.
I completely disagree with your assessment of Tkachuk, IMO you could not be more wrong, I think he has a very smart hockey mind & hockey IQ. Now you are comparing him to Karlsson a smooth skating defencmen? BT impacts his line in other ways that makes a positive impact for the team.

You are talking about skating with the puck & he doesn't have the flow of an EK, that is obvious, but he could be more like Stone, their skating is not that far apart IMO given time he could drive a line depending on who is on his line. Stone drove their line because he was the vet player & both White & BT are rookies, that can easily change as BT improves his skating & balance. Did Stone drive his line in his rookie season?

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I completely disagree with your assessment of Tkachuk, IMO you could not be more wrong, I think he has a very smart hockey mind & hockey IQ. Now you are comparing him to Karlsson a smooth skating defencmen? BT impacts his line in other ways that makes a positive impact for the team.

You are talking about skating with the puck & he doesn't have the flow of an EK, that is obvious, but he could be more like Stone, their skating is not that far apart IMO given time he could drive a line depending on who is on his line. Stone drove their line because he was the vet player & both White & BT are rookies, that can easily change as BT improves his skating & balance. Did Stone drive his line in his rookie season?

He did. The "kid" line of Hoffman - Lazar - Stone was great. Pretty much single handedly because of Stone. I see BT more of a secondary piece in the future. Great in front of the net, but driving the line? Highly unlikely. Of course things could change going forward as it's too early to tell really.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He did. The "kid" line of Hoffman - Lazar - Stone was great. Pretty much single handedly because of Stone. I see BT more of a secondary piece in the future. Great in front of the net, but driving the line? Highly unlikely. Of course things could change going forward as it's too early to tell really.
You are welcome to your opinion, I don't share it. How old was he at the time?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I really don't see how this team can be a basement team in 2 years with Stone and Tkachuk leading the forward group on offense and Chabot on defense.

Please sign, Stone.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Omg god have mercy on us if Tkachuk will be the leader of our forward group. I still can't believe we wasted our pick on him rather giving it to Colorado

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Omg god have mercy on us if Tkachuk will be the leader of our forward group. I still can't believe we wasted our pick on him rather giving it to Colorado

Wasted? Okay.......

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Honestly I can easily see it.

Tkachuk and Stone leading the leadership charge with: Batherson, Brown, Laferniere, White, Norris, Pageau, Formenton, Balcers (etc.) complementing them with skill? Nah such a good balance of skill and leadership. If Stone leaves though, there will be a huge vacuum on the leadership front that I won't see properly filled for another 3-4 years.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tkachuk and Stone leading the leadership charge with: Batherson, Brown, Laferniere, White, Norris, Pageau, Formenton, Balcers, etc...? Nah such a good balance of skill and leadership

It's still a long shot. I feel like prospects are always overvalued. For one getting Lafreniere is far from being a certainty, we could easily not be last or another team could win the lottery. Brown still has a lot to prove, our defense is still a mistery outside Chabot. Hoping that Gustvasson will fill the void in net as well.

I feel like it always looks good when you assume all players hit their ceilings but that never happens.

I remember year back this entire board thought we would have a great D in years to come with Karlsson, Ceci, Cowen and Wiercioch and that Zibby would be our 1rst line C, with Silf on the wing. All of these guys outside of Karl underachieved from previous expectations. Zibby only took the next step when he left.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown

OpoQQ.jpg

Reactions: Hands of Stone

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
THIS is why you want GOOD veterans to help guide the rebuild:

WHen you read between the lines of what his dad says here, it sounds like the Stone and Sens deal could come down to money.....if he wanted to leave, I bet he would have been dealt already. I am hoping and wishing this is what it is, and like the elder Tkachuk says, please find a way to sign him.....

Reactions: Deku

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
WHen you read between the lines of what his dad says here, it sounds like the Stone and Sens deal could come down to money.....if he wanted to leave, I bet he would have been dealt already. I am hoping and wishing this is what it is, and like the elder Tkachuk says, please find a way to sign him.....
Pay him league max for 5 seasons.....I mean what else are we going to spend the money on??

Reactions: aragorn

16w

Jun 23, 2003
so is dorion going to make brady eligible for the ahl playoffs by putting him on the bsens roster by the 3pm deadline?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Tkachuk and Stone leading the leadership charge with: Batherson, Brown, Laferniere, White, Norris, Pageau, Formenton, Balcers (etc.) complementing them with skill? Nah such a good balance of skill and leadership. If Stone leaves though, there will be a huge vacuum on the leadership front that I won't see properly filled for another 3-4 years.
We could have the best forward group in the league, but if we still run with 5 fringe NHL defenseman in the line up and sub par goaltending we will remain in the bottom of the standings.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

This how I see it too.

Duchene was the first to go because it wasn't about money. Stone is still here because it's about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad