Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
This is complete nonsense. We have an absolutely terrible coach who should have been fired a long time ago. Terrible coaching impacts player performance.

Tkachuk is perfectly fine he has just struggled to score. Fire Boucher and replace him with a competent coach and tkachuk will start producing
i dont think the coaches are making him shoot like a high school player and handle the puck like a grenade

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
Mathew tkachuk put up 48 points in 76 games as a rookie and look how he us performing now. Brady is doing just fine and us on track to produce similar to his brother in his rookie year
if tkachuk gets 35 points this year id be really surprised

look at what hes doing with stone. wait until hes got pageau or tierny

Reactions: lancepitlick

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Matthew is better than Brady. More hockey sense and better creativity and vision.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
i dont think the coaches are making him shoot like a high school player and handle the puck like a grenade

I'm pretty concerned about Tkachuk too, not quite that level of concern because I certainly don't think he's going to be a bad player, but I mean he basically does all his work and gets all his production right in front of the net on rebounds, tip ins, etc. Which obviously is not a bad thing at all that he produces from in close in fact that will make him a useful player for sure for the team going forward. But he struggles elsewhere on the ice and hasn't really shown any versatility and more than a few fleeting instances of dynamic play from what I've seen.

Then again this is the least I've watched the Sens since I don't know how long, so I may have missed be missing some of the story, just my opinion from my viewings. I've kind of felt since the beginning that we got a good player that I'm happy to have on the team but that we're really going to be sorry about missing a chance on a dynamic talent at the top of this year's draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Mathew tkachuk put up 48 points in 76 games as a rookie and look how he us performing now. Brady is doing just fine and us on track to produce similar to his brother in his rookie year

He was playing much better earlier this year; had more confidence, was generating more chances, showing more creativity with the puck. I think maybe h's hit the wall and is struggling to play on such a garbage team at the bottom in the standings..

Reactions: Deku

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He was playing much better earlier this year; had more confidence, was generating more chances, showing more creativity with the puck. I think maybe h's hit the wall and is struggling to play on such a garbage team at the bottom in the standings..

Probably . It is probably tough for veterans like stone and Duchene to give a shit tkachuk is trying to deal with that and playing way more games then he did last season in the NCAA.

It is hurting the prospects to not make any changes. Boucher should be gone and the organization should fo something to motivate the players.

Reactions: Deku

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Probably . It is probably tough for veterans like stone and Duchene to give a **** tkachuk is trying to deal with that and playing way more games then he did last season in the NCAA.

It is hurting the prospects to not make any changes. Boucher should be gone and the organization should fo something to motivate the players.

I think thats a massive factor.

Tkachuck has been buzzing, is involved, getting chances. I like his game . . . the points will come again.

Reactions: Deku and RAFI BOMB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
His game is predicated on offensive zone time especially down low and in front of the net. Hes not a guy who's going to carry the puck up the ice or blast a one timer of the rush from tue hash marks, hes more effective on the forecheck and getting to the dirty areas.

Well when we have limited offensive zone time with puck possession and we spend most of tue game stuck in the neutral zone and our D zone, then ya hes not going to produce and not look great.

He looked amazing at the start of the year because we actually had a forecheck and zone time. He parked his butt right in front of the goal and was banging in rebounds and making nice plays. Well we suck right now and Tkachuk is suffering because of it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Matthew is better than Brady. More hockey sense and better creativity and vision.

He's just a more complete player. Brady is good around the net and has good passing/vision but it stops there. Matthew can make plays all over the ice, he's a great skater, good shot, good hands, agile..

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
At least wait until the kid can grow some peach fuzz on his face before tearing apart his game. Kid needs to get a good 15+ pounds of muscle on that frame before we can see what he can really do.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kid got off to a great start, everybody (mostly) was on the band wagon. .. His production falls off as was very predictable and people are jumping off.. We have him now; We have seen lots of great flashes of what he will become. He is still a unique kind of player. Saying other players not playing in the NHL are homeruns is at least a little bit premature. Still lots of ground to cover to see what's what. I am going to remain optimistic with Brady.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I was one of the people driving the bus to take him, and I'm still really high on him. That being said, I'll concede that he may need to be paired with someone who can drive possession for him to be at his very best. Stone is obviously a dream, and if we manage to re-sign him those two guys should be locked in together for the next decade.

Out of young guys/prospects I'm not sure who pairs well with him other than White. I liked the idea of Brown and Tkachuk together, but I'm not convinced either one of them can drive play by themselves. They'd be great together on a PP unit setting up down low, but they may need to be split 5 on 5 to maximize results.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I wish we kept our pick this year.

Yeah. As much as I like Tkachuk (a lot), I don't really know how anyone could argue it at this point.
At the time I was ok with taking him and trying to improve this year so that the 2019 pick would at least not be top 5, but the organization made absolutely no effort to improve and we are now destined for last. It's absolutely idiotic stuff.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Brady is scoring at a higher PPG pace than Kotkaniemi this year.

Brady has more points in the NHL than Zadina has in the AHL.

I'm not ready to declare a draft winner just yet.

Buffalo ;)

Seriously though, of all the guys who we could have taken at 4th overall I'm not sure how anyone can seriously complain about Tkachuk. Outside of Dahlin, no one taken in the first round has shown much of anything in half a season to comfortably put them in front of BT.

Reactions: Silencio

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Brady is scoring at a higher PPG pace than Kotkaniemi this year.

Brady has more points in the NHL than Zadina has in the AHL.

I'm not ready to declare a draft winner just yet.

Between Tkachuk and Kotkaniemi it's too early to decide. However, Brady has had the benefit of playing with Stone, whereas JK has not.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I was one of the people driving the bus to take him, and I'm still really high on him. That being said, I'll concede that he may need to be paired with someone who can drive possession for him to be at his very best. Stone is obviously a dream, and if we manage to re-sign him those two guys should be locked in together for the next decade.

Out of young guys/prospects I'm not sure who pairs well with him other than White. I liked the idea of Brown and Tkachuk together, but I'm not convinced either one of them can drive play by themselves. They'd be great together on a PP unit setting up down low, but they may need to be split 5 on 5 to maximize results.
That was the main criticism I had with him at 4.

If you are picking that high, the player should be able to drive his line and carry play, whether it be from the backend or from an offensive standpoint.

Brady, while extremely good at what he does, and the Sens never having a player like him, is never going to be that kind of player in the NHL. He's a very good complimentary winger who offers intangibles teams look for, the Sens never having a player like that. He will likely never be "the guy" on his line though, he will always need that guy driving play.

Some solid 50-65 point seasons, with all the jam and drive he offers.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

If you are picking that high, the player should be able to drive his line and carry play, whether it be from the backend or from an offensive standpoint.

That's what people were saying about Matthew too, and in his 3rd NHL season he's on pace to put up a 30+ goal PPG season... It's way too early to project Brady imo.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Brady, while extremely good at what he does, and the Sens never having a player like him, is never going to be that kind of player in the NHL. He's a very good complimentary winger who offers intangibles teams look for, the Sens never having a player like that. He will likely never be "the guy" on his line though, he will always need that guy driving play.

I,am good with that...BT will be a fine player,he has the drive and the will..That alone will make up for some of the skill he does lack

Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad