Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Can’t come back from that eh? Well geez let’s all pray that doesn’t happen. Damn Hughes.

If a Lebreton deal doesn't happen, and the team folds, this disastrous trade will be considered one of the major wounds that contributed to the team's death. This is just the ultimate PR public humiliation. Interest would decline to unrecoverable levels.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I see Hughes as a similar version to Kane.

a Brady Tkachuk a year into his development > a 1 in 5 chance of drafting a guy who could be like Kane if we still finish last.

I'd love to have both options but that's life bros.

It doesn't matter what picks we have, what ANYTHING we have. The problem is the owner.

Bros, if we didnt have this owner then we'd still have EK and maybe even in playoff hunt.

The problem isn't us not having the 1st.

In fact, us lacking the 1st might be the very thing that causes a ripple effect which gets Melnyk out and enough is enough.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
At least it's not like the leafs and Seguin. Hughes will be out of our division.
It’s worse than the Leafs and Seguin since both are projected to be better than Seguin. Kessel stayed with the Leafs for 6 years, Duchene will be traded in the next 2 months for trash.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Since Dec 1st
26 gp 7 points -8

The lack of offensive ability that many pointed to when questioning this selection has been on full display.

The posters serving up crow earlier this year have been strangely quiet..

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Since Dec 1st
26 gp 7 points -8

The lack of offensive ability that many pointed to when questioning this selection has been on full display.

The posters serving up crow earlier this year have been strangely quiet..
To be fair none of the crop that went top 5 has done much of anything....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
To be fair none of the crop that went top 5 has done much of anything....
Dahlin has been unbelievable, and Svechnikv and Kotkaniemi have shown quite a bit with their limited 3rd/4th line action.

Tkachuk has been fine, but has been gifted PP and prime time with one of the best wingers in the league, it would be surprising if he wasn't outproducing the other 2.

He's somewhere in between the PPG he was the first 16 games and the 0.2 PPG he has been the past 30.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dahlin has been unbelievable, and Svechnikv and Kotkaniemi have shown quite a bit with their limited 3rd/4th line action.

Tkachuk has been fine, but has been gifted PP and prime time with one of the best wingers in the league, it would be surprising if he wasn't outproducing the other 2.

He's somewhere in between the PPG he was the first 16 games and the 0.2 PPG he has been the past 30.
Yep was going to say,how I usually look for you and SOA to give me the scoop,on the kids...

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Tkachuk is a kid in his first year of pro hockey. he's hit the wall. I'm not surprised by that at all

Hit a wall after 16 games?

He’s been given every opportunity to put up numbers and has failed.

Still some things to like about his game, but he looks precisely like the player the doubters were worried about.

Lots of time and opportunity for him to turn it around, though. Hoping he does.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He’s a 19 year old rookie. They normally slow down as the season progresses and with Tkachuk he had an injury right when he was on fire. He’s also playing on the (current) last place team in the league.

His 82 game pace is as follows:

22 goals, 24 assists, 46 points, 12 PPP, 100 PIM, 194 hits, 216 shots, 15:31 TOI

That’s still very good and way beyond what most folks expected. He’s not playing that much more compared to other rookies either. He is a premier power forward in the making.

I would not be opposed to sending him to Belleville to finish the year but I doubt that happens.

Reactions: NB613 and aragorn

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If Stone is gone, it's going to be very interesting to see how much of a positive affect Stone had on Tkachuk.

Stone is similar to Spezza in that he makes guys around him much better.

Obviously, Tkachuk is a very very good prospect, I am not trying to dictate otherwise. It's also very hard to play in the NHL right out of the draft. It's a big accomplishment just to play 82 games let alone do it and put up a 20/40 pace. I'm just curious how much of an effect playing with Stone has had on Tkachuk's production.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
If Stone is gone, it's going to be very interesting to see how much of a positive affect Stone had on Tkachuk.

Stone is similar to Spezza in that he makes guys around him much better.

Obviously, Tkachuk is a very very good prospect, I am not trying to dictate otherwise. It's also very hard to play in the NHL right out of the draft. It's a big accomplishment just to play 82 games let alone do it and put up a 20/40 pace. I'm just curious how much of an effect playing with Stone has had on Tkachuk's production.
He would struggle to finish the season without Stone, but as long as he has a decent playmaker at C in the future like Brown I think he will thrive. But I still hope he and Stone are linemates for years.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tkachuk is a kid in his first year of pro hockey. he's hit the wall. I'm not surprised by that at all
He’s getting chances and still moves the puck forward most nights.
He’s so young we have to be patient.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
well its 75% of his pro career that hes looked bunk and lost offensively.

no im not a pro scout im a poster on a message board lol. are you?

This is complete nonsense. We have an absolutely terrible coach who should have been fired a long time ago. Terrible coaching impacts player performance.

Tkachuk is perfectly fine he has just struggled to score. Fire Boucher and replace him with a competent coach and tkachuk will start producing

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He’s a 19 year old rookie. They normally slow down as the season progresses and with Tkachuk he had an injury right when he was on fire. He’s also playing on the (current) last place team in the league.

His 82 game pace is as follows:

22 goals, 24 assists, 46 points, 12 PPP, 100 PIM, 194 hits, 216 shots, 15:31 TOI

That’s still very good and way beyond what most folks expected. He’s not playing that much more compared to other rookies either. He is a premier power forward in the making.

I would not be opposed to sending him to Belleville to finish the year but I doubt that happens.

Mathew tkachuk put up 48 points in 76 games as a rookie and look how he us performing now. Brady is doing just fine and us on track to produce similar to his brother in his rookie year

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hit a wall after 16 games?

He’s been given every opportunity to put up numbers and has failed.

Still some things to like about his game, but he looks precisely like the player the doubters were worried about.

Lots of time and opportunity for him to turn it around, though. Hoping he does.

Currently there are 5 kids from that draft playing in the league. Actually might only be 4. I'm not sure if the kid in Aneheim is playing. Tkachuk's numbers are right there with the other two forwards with 10 less games played.

The kid needs to grow into his body and adapt to an 82 game league.

The thing with doubting everything is sometimes you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->