Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
“Relentless apologist” now THAT’S a label that has a nice ring to it :)

Personally, I think the board has been great about praising BT, and eating crow and it’s really a testament to his ability to play a game that has made him a fan favorite in the truest sense of the word.

Oddly there still is one poster who was the driving force against BT that hasn’t been eating his servings, maybe that’s who Aragorn was referring to ;)
Is that wink for me? I liked the pick lol

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Brady had 3 goals last night with two called back.

He was back to his outstanding self.

Helps when we have actual offensive zone time

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I remember back in the day getting guys like Ruutu, and Varada and Tkachuk is exactly the kind of pest I was hoping we'd get, only Tkachuk adds being a great top 6 option to the mix. Love this kid.

Reactions: Blarginator

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Can't help to think we could do with one more annoying player (for the other team) to backup Tkachuk with the trash talk, he seems to be the only one interested in that right now :D

Reactions: topshelf15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To be honest, that kind of swagger needs to be an overall team attitude. Can't have just one or two guys battling out there by themselves.

The counterpoint is that kind of swagger is contagious; if Brady is out there doing his thing and one or two other guys, the rest of the team starts to follow suit. Don't recall who said it, but Brady is the type of guy that will drag you into the fight with him,

Reactions: Tuna99

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Perhaps. Perhaps if Tkachuk were leading the team to the top of the Eastern Conference and a Cup finals that swagger would be welcome, and warranted. As it is now, Brady is like that dude in the bar that is chirping nonstop but just isn't bringing enough to the table to warrant the attention. With this team so skill-deprived, it would have been nice to draft Zadina, or at the very least to teach Tkachuk about perimeter play. Brady will definitely be an asset for us, but one hopes he can follow the league and become a mite softer.

Also, fights are being phased out, so...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'll live with Brady's slightly misplaced swagger for now. The kid is only 19 - can you imagine what a beast he is going to be at 22, still full of youthful enthusiasm but faster and with 20 pounds of muscle packed on? He is learning the NHL game this year and is already exceeding our expectations - I expect that next season he will take a massive leap forward.

As an aside, I was told by the staff at the Sens Store that they are selling the snot out of Brady's jersey - it might be their top seller right now. Not only is he playing well for a teenager, he's helping the team sell hope and has quickly become a fan favourite - I'll call that a win.

Oh, and full disclosure - I type all this as a guy who was on Team Zadina in June, and am now happily munching down on a crow sandwich...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Perhaps. Perhaps if Tkachuk were leading the team to the top of the Eastern Conference and a Cup finals that swagger would be welcome, and warranted. As it is now, Brady is like that dude in the bar that is chirping nonstop but just isn't bringing enough to the table to warrant the attention. With this team so skill-deprived, it would have been nice to draft Zadina, or at the very least to teach Tkachuk about perimeter play. Brady will definitely be an asset for us, but one hopes he can follow the league and become a mite softer.

What is this.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

You are joking ??

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Did Brady steal your girl or something?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Zadina has 17 points in 27 games in the AHL and is minus 13. Tkachuk has 18 points in 26 games in the NHL and is plus 5.

The Tkachuk-white-stone line gets multiple scoring chances a game and Tkachuk is responsible for his fair share of them. Tkachuk could easily be at or over a point per game based on his play. With a few adjustments and a bit of luck he will start putting up a ton of more points very soon. Why would he possibly need to play softer? He actually does a great job of playing a physical agitating game without taking many bad penalties. He has been great for the Sens this season and he will only get better as he matures. He isn't lacking in skill and he makes smart plays all over the ice.

Just like other posters said what are you talking about?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Whenever I get upset or mad on here, it's out of genuine desire for the team to succeed. That's more important than me being "right". So ya, I'm always happy to be wrong if it means our team benefits from it (i.e. Brady).

What gets me is that some people would rather the team be worse off just so that they can be right. That concept is so crazy to me.

Not just hockey bro, many people like that in real life in general nowadays. Tragedy; it's what's evident in the rise of narcissism, pampering and spoiled behavior among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad