Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That sucks. Hate seeing a kid lose any development time as a teenager. So now that's two of them...Formenton and Tkachuk. :(

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Was it bad luck, or would you guys say that he may have been slightly overzealous going for that hit, and ended up getting hurt because of such a miscalculation? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a big guy like BT looking to play the game physically, just not trying to go so hard he hurts himself in the process. Gotta be measured with that aggression, you know?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Was it bad luck, or would you guys say that he may have been slightly overzealous going for that hit, and ended up getting hurt because of such a miscalculation? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a big guy like BT looking to play the game physically, just not trying to go so hard he hurts himself in the process. Gotta be measured with that aggression, you know?

He's definitely a bit reckless but that's his game. I don't know how much that will change as he gets bigger and stronger.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
DpuTTFaWsAEB78Q.jpg

Last edited:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I always just watched Erik when he was on the ice, to see all the little things he did that made him good.

Might have to start doing the same with Brady when he returns. Love that he never stops moving and is always looking to get to the net. I thought he'd look rookie-good early on, and thought he would benefit from playing with Stone, but never thought he would look this polished already. His dad taught him well. Obviously the physical attributes are important to his game, but his reading of the game and when to be where and how to get there could be his best asset. And Stone is a perfect mentor for that too.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
A great piece on just how effective Brady was through his first 4 games relative to his teammates. What a beauty!

To put into context what kind of loss Tkachuk represents for the Senators, consider that of players who have skated in at least four games, he ranks second in Corsi for percentage (54.1), first in shots for percentage (63.8), first in goals for percentage (83.3), first in scoring chances for percentage (58.2) and first in high-danger chances for percentage (66.7), all at five-a-side. Better yet, he’s managing all of that without truly sheltered minutes. He’s starting the majority of his shifts in the defensive zone and ranks middle of the pack among forwards with a 41.4 percent offensive-zone start percentage.

Brady Tkachuk is hurt because apparently the Senators can’t have nice things - TheHockeyNews

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And that piece also nicely suggested that this injury may be the straw that broke the camels back when it comes to our promising start...

At least we looked good for the first two games he missed as well.

As an embattled team, we will feed off of additional adversity and use it as fuel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->