Player Discussion Brady Skjei

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’ve seen enough #3 or #4 d man is his ceiling. He’s been atrocious last few games. Trade him now while he’s young and still has some value

A young 2nd pair D signed long term for 2nd pair money is not someone you trade because he might not improve

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Skjei represents the risk of inserting a player above their ideal role.

He was drafted as a guy who was expected to be a third pairing guy, he progressed to the point where he was a second pairing guy, and circumstances have him playing as a first pairing guy.

But it was that last push that was one too many.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
He's making poor decisions. He doesn't seem to be incredibly interested in defense.. Offensively he has 1 move, skate straight fast until the other teams defense stops him and he takes a weak shot from the board...

He needs to settle down and let the other Dmen handle offense. Focus on defense, when in doubt get close to the net. He's been caught a couple times being overly aggressive or taking weird routes(ex: the goal against last night were he went around the other side of the net leaving an easy passing lane to the slot)

Reactions: will1066

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He's a second pair guy being forced to play on the top pair.

At the time I wanted him signed long term, but hindsight, they should have bridged him. He hasn't been worth the price they paid him. And they kinda overpaid a bit

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
He's making poor decisions. He doesn't seem to be incredibly interested in defense.. Offensively he has 1 move, skate straight fast until the other teams defense stops him and he takes a weak shot from the board...

He needs to settle down and let the other Dmen handle offense. Focus on defense, when in doubt get close to the net. He's been caught a couple times being overly aggressive or taking weird routes(ex: the goal against last night were he went around the other side of the net leaving an easy passing lane to the slot)

I couldn't have said it better than this. This is what I see as well. Eight out of 10 times, his rushes and freelancing in the offensive zone rarely produce anything good and lead to chances the other way.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Skjei needs to focus on being the "Stralman" of the pair he's on. He can skate great but doesn't know too much of what to do in the offensive zone. He's trying to fill McDonagh's shoes but instead needs to settle down and focus on the play in his own end. He's really good when he does this and doesn't force the play in the o zone.

Reactions: will1066

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I couldn't have said it better than this. This is what I see as well. Eight out of 10 times, his rushes and freelancing in the offensive zone rarely produce anything good and lead to chances the other way.
I think that he can still be a good 2nd pairing defenseman. I wonder if he will be tangled to a Cup contender? Don't think so as they just signed him, but food for thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->