Player Discussion Brady Skjei

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ive been ecstatic at his play thus far...call me the biggest skjei skeptic on this website, but he's been good...and improving on a nightly basis. mostly its his reads and his gap control..hes not getting caught puck watching (As much anyway), and hes shortening the gaps. he still skates the puck up himself a bit too much when there are breakout passes wide open..at least 2 that i saw where grabner and miller were both open to push the puck up an additional 20 feet and instead he skated it out. nitpicky stuff, but important nonetheless.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yandle who?! Lol. Ok maybe I'm pushing it but come on this kid is getting better and better at both ends of the ice. Has made it much easier to forget about Yandle and his productivity.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I, for one, think Skjei's emergence is even more amazing considering his coach knows zilch about defense and is actively trying to sabotage the back line

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brady should never be traded in any deal for Trouba..even straight up

are you serious :laugh:

ive been ecstatic at his play thus far...call me the biggest skjei skeptic on this website, but he's been good...and improving on a nightly basis. mostly its his reads and his gap control..hes not getting caught puck watching (As much anyway), and hes shortening the gaps. he still skates the puck up himself a bit too much when there are breakout passes wide open..at least 2 that i saw where grabner and miller were both open to push the puck up an additional 20 feet and instead he skated it out. nitpicky stuff, but important nonetheless.

Skjei is really starting to iron out the things I hate about his game. I still trade him for Trouba without thinking about it but he looks great.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
are you serious :laugh:

Skjei is really starting to iron out the things I hate about his game. I still trade him for Trouba without thinking about it but he looks great.

Trouba is looking for 6-7 million a year. Id rather have skjei, who is better offensively.

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Trouba is looking for 6-7 million a year. Id rather have skjei, who is far better offensively.
DDmG_f-maxage-0.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'd rather not trade Skjei for Trouba, not because he's better but because the net affect on the defense becomes much less than if trade a forward.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Even if your LD (Skjei) is equal to the RD you're trading for (talent-wise), you make that trade every single time because RD are much harder to come by.

Trouba > Skjei. Even if Trouba = Skjei you still have to make the deal because of the need it addresses. You've got Holden playing his off side. You've got McD. You've got Staal. You've got Graves borderline ready. You've got Gilmour.

Have to make that deal if the 'peg is willing.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd rather not trade Skjei for Trouba, not because he's better but because the net affect on the defense becomes much less than if trade a forward.

this is fair but you have to admit that Skjei for Trouba is blatantly in the Rangers' favor.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why are righties so difficult to find? Never understood this.

The old tale of having your dominant hand on the top of your stick for better control and most people are right handed so they end up shooting left.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
The old tale of having your dominant hand on the top of your stick for better control and most people are right handed so they end up shooting left.

I've never played a lick of competitive hockey, but I'm a righty and it felt much more natural to have the blade on my right than left. When I heard about the dominant hand on top thing, I tried it out having the blade on my left and it didn't feel so awkward. Seems like it'd be a relatively easy switch.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Left handers usually shoot right and vice versa

Tough to find right handers that shoot right and most people are righties. That simple.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That doesn't answer my question of why they're so hard to find. I don't understand why they're so rare.

Seems like it does answer your question. Righties make up only 30 percent of the players in the league, and there's also a smaller pool of defensemen.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I will say, though, that I believe if RH people were taught early on to be RH shots and stuck with it, I think they could do it without a lot of difficulty.

Not sure about the impact on stick handling, though. It's complicated.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That doesn't answer my question of why they're so hard to find. I don't understand why they're so rare.

Because right-handed people shoot left and left-handed people shoot right, and whoever invented hockey totally got it backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad