Player Discussion Brady Skjei

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The weird thing about Skjei is that his movement doesn't look fast, but it is very effective. The way he stands, as if his head is buried in between his shoulders, he looks almost like a football player

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The weird thing about Skjei is that his movement doesn't look fast, but it is very effective. The way he stands, as if his head is buried in between his shoulders, he looks almost like a football player

I noticed that. He looks like a running back. When he skates he kind of puts his head down and gets low. I wonder if that's his quirk or just a more effective style that doesn't get used enough.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I've noticed that too. The training with McD has paid off, he looks bigger this year. Excellent all-around player. Untouchable at this point.

Definitely one of the better draft picks we've had in the last 15 years.

I noticed that. He looks like a running back. When he skates he kind of puts his head down and gets low. I wonder if that's his quirk or just a more effective style that doesn't get used enough.

It definitely seems to work for him haha

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What is not to like - one of our few really good home grown players borderline elite talent, and always played on all age level of international hockey games for USA. He will soon get a good salary raise - maybe above 5 mil $ and he is worth every $. And I wish we had more defenders like Brady Skjei in our farm system.

I felt he played very well with shatty on the top pair while Ryan Mc. was out with injury, and that is promising for the future.

Last edited:

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I appreciate you took the time to dig it up - I did not find the thread earlier. Yes merge it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Took 3 seconds to find lol.

Hint: click the thread tag (so in this case "Player Discussion") and it only shows all the threads with that tag. Brady's was near the top.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Come on man. Don't give up on this kid. WTF. ok he has played like crap lately but he will put it together again no doubt. The whole team is in a funk. This is one kid you don't wanna give up on. Growing pains man. especially for a dman.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Come on man. Don't give up on this kid. WTF. ok he has played like crap lately but he will put it together again no doubt. The whole team is in a funk. This is one kid you don't wanna give up on. Growing pains man. especially for a dman.
Someone has to lead the lynch mob since no one else is willing to.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Someone has to lead the lynch mob since no one else is willing to.
Absolutely wrong guy to lynch on this team. For a variety of reasons. If none of those guys on D in the AHL don't develop he is truly our only hope for a long long time.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Anyone would suck having #22 as a partner but keep pushing that narrative.
Just makes you look dumb IMO

Lmao, half of Shattenkirk’s defensive “mishaps” occur when he’s defending odd man rushes while Skjei skates around the oppositions net. Have you watched a Ranger game this year? Half the time he’s not even in the screen when a goal’s scored against.

Skjei has been god awful, just like basically every defenseman on this team minus McDonagh. I think he will develop into a very good defenseman, but at the moment he is playing very poorly.

Reactions: Inferno

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Skjei has the 2nd worst HDCA/60 while also having the 2nd best HDCF/60. He needs to be a rover to be successful. Sounds like another player on this roster...

Putting them together makes no sense. They dont compliment each other. If anything they hinder the other's strength while exacerbating their deficiencies.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Lmao, half of Shattenkirk’s defensive “mishaps” occur when he’s defending odd man rushes while Skjei skates around the oppositions net. Have you watched a Ranger game this year? Half the time he’s not even in the screen when a goal’s scored against.

Skjei has been god awful, just like basically every defenseman on this team minus McDonagh. I think he will develop into a very good defenseman, but at the moment he is playing very poorly.

Are you kidding me or what?! Haha

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I just want to post a nice video of him at a personal view - and how to get to know Brady better which was tweeted earlier this evening!

He is one of my favorite Rangers players now so let`s go!! our top #4 defender prospect, and he has international experience in his youth! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad