Recalled/Assigned: Brady Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This kid had a good game and played the most out of any defensemen. Nice showing could see Yandle being moved. Plus Lol at Boyles -3

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sp strange...i thought skjei looked mediocre at best tonight...bad passes poor board play....guess i saw it different than the rest of u

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Sp strange...i thought skjei looked mediocre at best tonight...bad passes poor board play....guess i saw it different than the rest of u

The biggest takeaway from this game Skjei was his confidence. I saw a player make timely and effective pinching. Skjei was engaged and many times, that shows the real talent of a player, the thing between their ears.

Board play, especially angles in winning puck battles comes w/ experience, and poor passes I'll attribute to nerves and faster speed of the NHL.

For a player in his 3rd NHL game, and called up at the last moment, I cannot see how you could rate that performance as anything but very good.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The biggest takeaway from this game Skjei was his confidence. I saw a player make timely and effective pinching. Skjei was engaged and many times, that shows the real talent of a player, the thing between their ears.

Board play, especially angles in winning puck battles comes w/ experience, and poor passes I'll attribute to nerves and faster speed of the NHL.

For a player in his 3rd NHL game, and called up at the last moment, I cannot see how you could rate that performance as anything but very good.

This to a tee. Boyle and Staal should be embarrassed that they just got outplayed by a baby NHLer

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Scariest thought: we just showcased Skjei and his value jumped and he will be dumped for the newest rental

If Skjei is moved for Ladd...I'm telling you right now, I give up on this management.

McD - G
Staal - Klein
UFA - McIlrath

If I have to watch a Staal-Klein pairing for the next 2 years, I am very likely to vomit.

Skjei looked good. He is our only legitimate LD prospect aside from Graves, who I do not think is ready yet. He is the logical choice to step in if we lose Yandle. I can't imagine this management being this short-sighted when I do not think we are really cup-competitive.

Nash - Brass - Zuccs
Ladd - Step - Miller
Kreider - Hayes - Stalberg
Lindberg - Moore - Fast

McD - G
Staal - Boyle
Yandle - Klein
McIlrath

I just don't buy that lineup as a cup winner. I very well could be wrong, and, if that's how it goes, I sure as hell hope I am wrong. But I'm just not sold on that defense at all.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Thought Skjei was great tbh. Rangers' best defenseman at ES. Used his skating and body to break up a lot of plays, his passing isn't there yet.

Though that's also a reflection of just how awful everyone else was.

Vickers8

This kid had a good game and played the most out of any defensemen. Nice showing could see Yandle being moved. Plus Lol at Boyles -3

How about Boil's assist on the Devils 1st goal pass to no one behind the net?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A great debut, but Rangers were outworked by the Devils last night - even Hank didn`t had an explanation what happend the last 40 min of that game.
But Skjei did very well in this game.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
A great debut, but Rangers were outworked by the Devils last night - even Hank didn`t had an explanation what happend the last 40 min of that game.
But Skjei did very well in this game.
It wasn't his debut.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Ummmm he led the D in minutes? Whaaaaaat
Better not deal him he's one of the few young guys that can step in

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Skjei had a really good first period. He was physical. Won the one on one battles. The Rangers sucked ass in the second and third. Brady would be in the NHL if he played for another organization. Pesce. Slavin. Hutton.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope Skje is fulltime with us next season - really promising young defender! :)
D. Boyle has probably retired after this season as well.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Skjei had a really good first period. He was physical. Won the one on one battles. The Rangers sucked ass in the second and third. Brady would be in the NHL if he played for another organization. Pesce. Slavin. Hutton.[/QUE]

Those young players play because no one's blocking them like a Mcdonagh, Staal, or Yandle.

Ironic you mention those three players, we had a chance to draft all three of them in their draft year, they were drafted just one pic or a few pics after we had picked.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It wasn't his debut.

Yes true Skjei had a debut vs Oilers 12.15.2015. ..and it felt like a second debut last night, because it has been a while since he played for the Rangers. :)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yandle isn't going anywhere based on one good game from Skjei. Yandle isn't going anywhere unless some GM comes in with an offer that Gorton would be fired for refusing. They aren't trading him.

Ehh... I don't know. Not sure if it was just nerves or what but it looked like he was having some trouble. He fell 2 or 3 times in the first period and his skating (specifically cross overs) looking choppy as hell. I definitely think he could stick with us in a bottom pairing role but there will be some growing pains. Liked what I saw otherwise.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Given how much key time he was given, just before the deadline, I could believe this was a showcase. When does AV ever give a call-up premier ice-time as a rookie? Perfect example, Dylan McIlrath. He's been on the roster all year, and has gotten that kind of ice-time about what, 2 times? If that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->