Confirmed with Link: Brady Skjei re-signed [6 years, $5.25MM AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Is Skjei that much better than UFAs like John Moore, Manning, De Haan, etc. who got significantly less money as UFAs.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
McDonagh blossomed at the same age while in his first year under contract for the same term, with a new coach, and a cap-hit % in 2013 that was just 0.71% higher than Skjei's is now. No pressure.

Skjei is an excellent skater, carries the puck well at speed, has some question marks regarding his defensive-zone capabilities, and is the only defender we can be certain will have a future on this team in three years.
He also apparently has a pulse during the post-season, which may end up being his most valued attribute down the road.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
While I've come to agree with the bridge camp, there is a nonzero chance that Skjei does get the PP opportunity on a well functioning PP2 as the Rangers do have the players to run a good 1-3-1 with the 2nd unit if Skjei mans the point (and does so well).

Andersson/Fast
DeAngelo-Chytil-Hayes
Skjei

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This seems like a lot of money for a guy who hasn't accomplished anything yet. I suppose I'd rather pay for probable future accomplishments than non repeatable past accomplishments though.

CaptBagel

May 2, 2018
I like the deal
Just wish the money was front loaded.
Would get more value back if he's traded toward the end of the contract

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He also has a signing bonus in the first, second and fourth years of $1M. A lot of guys had been loading up on the signing bonuses and lowering the actual salary. Not Skjei.

Salary each year:
$4.7M
$4.4M
$4.2M
$4.4M
$5.4M
$5.4M

With the signing bonuses factored in, he sctuaact makes more money in the first year of the deal than any other year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He also has a signing bonus in the first, second and fourth years of $1M. A lot of guys had been loading up on the signing bonuses and lowering the actual salary. Not Skjei.

Salary each year:
$4.7M
$4.4M
$4.2M
$4.4M
$5.4M
$5.4M

With the signing bonuses factored in, he sctuaact makes more money in the first year of the deal than any other year.

- 3m signing bonus
- 28.5m base salary
- 17.7m of that is before 2022 (potential lock-out)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
While I've come to agree with the bridge camp, there is a nonzero chance that Skjei does get the PP opportunity on a well functioning PP2 as the Rangers do have the players to run a good 1-3-1 with the 2nd unit if Skjei mans the point (and does so well).

Andersson/Fast
DeAngelo-Chytil-Hayes
Skjei
I’m not a fan of lefty PPQBs, but I do like the setup Arizona uses for OEL. I’m actually not a huge fan of Skjei’s playmaking skills (I think they’re just average) and I think he’s shown to be much better when he’s using his speed as a trailer to create more offense around the net. It’s one of the reasons that I’d rather give him heavy 5v5 and PK time. I’d let Shatty and ADA handle the bulk of it with 4F1D setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad