Brady Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
The fact is that he's not good enough to play for Canada.

They can have him.

Says who? You? Whatever. If Nigel Dawes can make the Canadian team, Brady Murray can.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Frolov said:
Maybe, but I still think it has more to do with being 'the coach's son" than anything else.

That and he's more familiar with players on the U.S. team, and has actually played with them (Parise this year) and Eaves at Shattucks. This thread is a joke.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Wow. :eek: It's amazing how touchy some Canadiens are when it comes to this subject.
According to them you'd think that if some american's great, great, great grandmother was from Moose Jaw - then by God they better play for team Canada or they are no good traitors.

Murray is as much American as he is Canadian and (no matter what the reason) want's to play for the US.
Big deal, get over it.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
What I laugh at is how now that he is playing for the yanks he is rubbish when before he were a favorite son. He went from obscure small prospect to establishing himself as a real talent in the NCAA this year and whether he plays for US or Can it doesn't change the fact that the kid can play. I also think it a riot that some are upset at the choices made by an 18 year old. Obviously he is getting help with these things and since he is still a kid you would think he would get some slack.

Also, how much of an ingrate can you be? I mean, his own Da helped win you a gold medal and if Brady went to play for another team than that is that. His Da still is a great Canadian who did kippers work for you. Grow up on this one mate.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Heater15 said:
What a loser this kid is. Where's the pride of being a Canadian? Is it just me or does anyone else find this disgusting that a country would go and gaurantee a kid from another country a spot on their roster. I can't believe a guy like him, especially when his dad is a huge part of Canadian Hockey would go and do this. Pretty bad when the kid doesnt have enough confidence to make his own nation's team. What a chicken hearted punk.

I wish him all the worst in the up and coming WJC and his hockey career. I was hoping the same for Brett Hull but that never happened (damn)

Flame away at me but I don't care, it's my opinion and I know a lot of others agree with me whether they voice their opinion or not.
That's kind of harsh.. I was friends with Brady Murray in Junior High and he's a pretty nice guy. I'm guessing he just really wants to play in the Juniors and his odds are a lot better with a team like the USA compared to Canada..

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Rabid Ranger said:
You're out of your mind. The U.S. is considered by many experts (i.e not you) to be a favorite at the WJC's this year. Our junior aged players have competed at a high level for a few years now and have tasted success at several venues. Get your facts before spouting off loser.

the US r good but favorites i dont think so...what high level r u talknig about? i know that canada won the under 18 8 nations champ inthe summer. as for hargraves he also coulda played for wales. i think the rule is stupid...u cant be a dual citizen it makes no sense so im glad canada are now making people choose.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Brady Murray was born in the USA. He has dual citizenship. He has lived/played hockey over half of his life in the USA. He wants to play for a good team, so he's exercising his right to play with his friend and linemate from high school/college, Zach Parise. He would have made the Canadian team anyway. And I hope Phaneuf gets a LOT better in a hurry if he hopes to even CATCH Murray, let alone "crush" him!

Big Kov

Sep 16, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Heater15 said:
What a loser this kid is. Where's the pride of being a Canadian? Is it just me or does anyone else find this disgusting that a country would go and gaurantee a kid from another country a spot on their roster. I can't believe a guy like him, especially when his dad is a huge part of Canadian Hockey would go and do this. Pretty bad when the kid doesnt have enough confidence to make his own nation's team. What a chicken hearted punk.

I wish him all the worst in the up and coming WJC and his hockey career. I was hoping the same for Brett Hull but that never happened (damn)

Flame away at me but I don't care, it's my opinion and I know a lot of others agree with me whether they voice their opinion or not.

U seem to be a Heatly fan from ur name. Why doesnt he play for Germany since hes born there?
Dont be silly.

Last edited:

Kings Fanatic

Sep 15, 2003
L3DZ3P said:
I would compete.Im not a lazy ass like Murray.I just hope that Phaneuf will crush him.

LOL. Yeah he sure is a lazy ass. Playing at a high level while being the size of Papa Smurf sure shows that. You guys from Canada sure are bitter. Don't worry there aren't any curling "athletes" facing the dual citizenship dillema.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
L3, really mate, you should have that brain looked after. You must be joking because only a rather daft person would make that type of statement unless they were joking. If you were joking, then its an awfully trollish thing to do here. You only goal for writing such tripe could be to have a piss at Murray and the Yanks. Pretty childish things to say if you ask me but, you are up to your opinion mate, I bet you are not only wrong but way wrong by the time the tounrey is over.

That "lazy ass" is one of the top scorers in college hockey right now and is playing for team usa in the wjc's, who do you play for mate? I thought so.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Frolov said:
He doesn't wanna be called the "coaches son" so he chose to go with the U.S.

Frolov said:
Maybe, but I still think it has more to do with being 'the coach's son" than anything else.

Canada's coaches for the 2004 WJC are Mario Durocher, Dean Chynoweth, and Jim Hulton.

Andy Murray is the head coach of the Los Angeles Kings of the NHL.

Maybe if he was in the Kings' lineup he'd be called "coach's son".

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Kings Fanatic said:
LOL. Yeah he sure is a lazy ass. Playing at a high level while being the size of Papa Smurf sure shows that. You guys from Canada sure are bitter. Don't worry there aren't any curling "athletes" facing the dual citizenship dillema.
Oh go play baseball. Curling is more exciting than "America's game"

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Now THAT is bleeding funny. Someone arguing that Curling is more exciting then baseball! Funny stuff that is. Thats like saying that my Snail is faster than your turtle or I can pee further than you can. Touchy lot you blokes are.

Old Hickory

Who cares? The guy chose to play with his friends. Insulting each other's countries is a little ridiculous isn't it?

What's done is done. He wasn't the first player to do this and won't be the last.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
You're out of your mind. The U.S. is considered by many experts (i.e not you) to be a favorite at the WJC's this year. Our junior aged players have competed at a high level for a few years now and have tasted success at several venues. Get your facts before spouting off loser.

U.S may be the better team, but the bottom line, it's always harder to make Team Canada then any other team...

As a group, Team U.S.A may be a better than team Canada...

But generally, if a player can make Team Canada, he can almost crack any team...

Canada is deepest team. So we can have alot of Brady Murray type of player instead of him....

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Big Kov said:
U seem to be a Heatly fan from ur name. Why doesnt he play for Germany since hes born there?
Dont be silly.

Heatley is born is Germany but he is Canadian. I think that his parents are Canadian..

And he is raised in Canada...

he left Germany at age four...

Robert Nillsson is born is Canada, but he is Swede....

The Nillsson, Heatley cases arent the same the Deadmarch, Murray ones...

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
GOTEAM said:
Canada's coaches for the 2004 WJC are Mario Durocher, Dean Chynoweth, and Jim Hulton.

Andy Murray is the head coach of the Los Angeles Kings of the NHL.

Maybe if he was in the Kings' lineup he'd be called "coach's son".

Who won them the gold at last years world championsips?

Who has the highest chance of coaching them at the world cup?

Andy Murray

Brady didn't just elect to not play for Canada U20 tourney but his whole career. Chances are Andy and Brady were gonna meet if Brady chose to play for canada

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
SpezNc said:
U.S may be the better team, but the bottom line, it's always harder to make Team Canada then any other team...

As a group, Team U.S.A may be a better than team Canada...

But generally, if a player can make Team Canada, he can almost crack any team...

Canada is deepest team. So we can have alot of Brady Murray type of player instead of him....

You're right. Team Canada has the most depth, and thus it's harder to crack it's roster than any other country's. That doesn't mean the VERY best the U.S. has to offer can't compete with the VERY best Canada has to offer.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
You're right. Team Canada has the most depth, and thus it's harder to crack it's roster than any other country's. That doesn't mean the VERY best the U.S. has to offer can't compete with the VERY best Canada has to offer.

Of course.....

And Parise is he was a Canadian, will play top two lines ice time with Team Canada....

But Parise is way better than Murray.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
SpezNc said:
Of course.....

And Parise is he was a Canadian, will play top two lines ice time with Team Canada....

But Parise is way better than Murray.

I agree Parise is better but lets not forget that Murray is curently out scoring Parise on the same team.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Some of this *logic* is dizzying. Team USA is too easy to get on to be compared to team canada but team usa beats team canada but that has nothing to do with team usa's players? Team canada is harder to get onto than team usa is and that means that anyone who gets on team canada would probably crack any team in the NHL's line up but team usa's players who play on a team that beats the young players from team canada wouldn't do just as well? Dizzying.

None of this will matter because the next great one is going to play for Canada right? I mean, since we all know that Crosby hasn't been over hyped at all that having him on team canada will mean that they are an automatic winner right?

I don't know, I am pulling for team Russia this year and since my country doesn't have a team going I will go with what I usually do in international play, First my country, second my nearest neighbor, third team America (tipping my hat for all they do for us and the rest of the world) third any team that has a player or sportsperson on it that I fancy. In hockey, I fancy that lad Ove and think he might be the best Russian hockey player of all time for my quid and would like to see him do something really special prior to his NHL career.

Of course, you can wrap up what I have said and then wrap it up in all of the anti brady murray scat as well and then throw all of that mess into the river. None of it matters and to those who think it does well mates, you are just a sad lot. If that is all you have to hang onto for a source of pride in your country then send me a pm, I will give you tons of reasons to be proud of Canada.

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Good point punchy. you rock. On the Murray issue, how many of you really think he wouldn't make the Canadian team? He is quite the player. I really don't like the kid though, he is really full of himself. The most self-centered person I ever met. To him, he is Gretzky. So I wish our pals to the north would have taken him, and leave his spot to a good team guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad