Brady Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heater15

Jun 22, 2003
Saskatchewan
Visit site
What a loser this kid is. Where's the pride of being a Canadian? Is it just me or does anyone else find this disgusting that a country would go and gaurantee a kid from another country a spot on their roster. I can't believe a guy like him, especially when his dad is a huge part of Canadian Hockey would go and do this. Pretty bad when the kid doesnt have enough confidence to make his own nation's team. What a chicken hearted punk.

I wish him all the worst in the up and coming WJC and his hockey career. I was hoping the same for Brett Hull but that never happened (damn)

Flame away at me but I don't care, it's my opinion and I know a lot of others agree with me whether they voice their opinion or not.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He was born in Florida you hoser.
Plus the Canadian National team didn't even guarantee him a tryout.
Get your facts straight before mouthing off and making yourself look like an ignorant jerk.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
If I was at the place of this kid and while a team guarantee me a spot the other don't even guarantee a tryout at the camp I would do the same thing as he does.

And can I have any info on him
Where is he playing?
How old and size?
Who is his father?
Has he been drafted or he is 200? eligible?

leafaholix*

The fact is that he's not good enough to play for Canada.

They can have him.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Ziggy Stardust said:
Plus the Canadian National team didn't even guarantee him a tryout.
None of the players invited to the selection camp were guaranteed a spot - why should Murray be any different?

I don't wish him bad luck -- he was guaranteed a spot on the US team. On the other hand, while he may have been invited to the Team Canada selection camp, he obviously felt the competition was too stiff for him to play for Canada.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
He was born in the U.S.
He has dual citizenship
Canada did not want him.
U.S. did want him.
He doesn't wanna be called the "coaches son" so he chose to go with the U.S.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
I have no problem with his decision. If he's a dual citizen, then he can choose who to play for. Obviously as a young hockey player you want to play in the world juniors, and this was his only chance.

A similar thing happened with a guy I went to school with here in Calgary, Owen Hargreaves. Canada wasn't in the World Cup (soccer) so Hargreaves went to play for England so he could play in the event. You gotta seize the opportunity.

leafaholix*

Owen Hargreaves is in a different boat.

He wanted to play for England because it was a better team... a higher level of soccer... Murray is playing for USA because he just wants to play in the tournament. US is no where as competitive as the Canadian team... that's why he's playing for the US... he's afraid of a little healthy competition.

Brett Hull and Adam Deadmarsh were CUT by team Canada... Murray was afraid of failure and decided to take the sure thing with the American team.

BTW... Deadmarsh still lives in Canada.

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Heater15 said:
What a loser this kid is. Where's the pride of being a Canadian? Is it just me or does anyone else find this disgusting that a country would go and gaurantee a kid from another country a spot on their roster. I can't believe a guy like him, especially when his dad is a huge part of Canadian Hockey would go and do this. Pretty bad when the kid doesnt have enough confidence to make his own nation's team. What a chicken hearted punk.

I wish him all the worst in the up and coming WJC and his hockey career. I was hoping the same for Brett Hull but that never happened (damn)

Flame away at me but I don't care, it's my opinion and I know a lot of others agree with me whether they voice their opinion or not.

he's just as much American as he is Canadian. Plus he can play on the 1st/2nd line for the US as opposed to MAYBE the 3rd/4th line for Canada.

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
The fact is that he's not good enough to play for Canada.

They can have him.
Tambellini is one of the best players at camp so far.....an arguement can be made that Murray is just as good......I think he would have made the camp if he tried out

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:

He wanted to play for England because it was a better team... a higher level of soccer... Murray is playing for USA because he just wants to play in the tournament. US is no where as competitive as the Canadian team... that's why he's playing for the US... he's afraid of a little healthy competition.

Well that's just one way to look at it. The way I see it is if there is only one path to a goal (you can't really consider going to the Canada camp a viable path for Murray), then take it. Sometimes you piss ultrapatriotic people off along the way, but you achieve your dream.

I guess I should add that Hargreaves probably wanted to play in the World Cup more than anything (because it is soccer's highest honour). I doubt he joined England just because it was a higher level of play.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I guess we will see how he does in the tourney and then who was right. I do though find it rather funny that the lout who started this thread had him so wrong. Funny stuff that is.

leafaholix*

MOOSE55 said:
Tambellini is one of the best players at camp so far.....an arguement can be made that Murray is just as good......I think he would have made the camp if he tried out
Obviously he's not as confident in his skills as you are.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Epsilon said:
Someone want to explain Peter Nedved? Because I have never heard him take ANY flak for playing in the 1994 Olympics.

Yes, I think that I can...

In 1988 (or so), he left Tchecoslovia and he defected for Canada...

I dunno the whole story but I imagine that it's was his only was to left his country for playing in north america.

So in 1994, he was a dual citizen... Canadian and Czech..

But when the "problems" were resolve in Czech, he returned in his home country..

At the last World Cup, he played for the Czech...

But for any IIHF championship (The world cup is more an NHL championssip), Nedved can only plays for Canada...

But the Nedved case is way different that Murray/Deadmarchs/HUll...

It's a lot more complicated...

leafaholix*

Frolov said:
Or Maybe Murray is smarter and chose the most logical path.
:dunno:

Canada is much stronger then the US when it comes to junior hockey.

That doesn't make sense.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
:dunno:

Canada is much stronger then the US when it comes to junior hockey.

That doesn't make sense.

He chose the 'for sure thing' over the 'might make the team'

That was my point.

leafaholix*

Frolov said:
He chose the 'for sure thing' over the 'might make the team'

That was my point.
That's the point... he's afraid to compete for a roster spot.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
That's the point... he's afraid to compete for a roster spot.

Maybe, but I still think it has more to do with being 'the coach's son" than anything else.

what's wrong with murray making the decision to play for a team that will guarantee him a spot? he's as much an american citizen as he is a canadian citizen, a la adam deadmarsh. it came down to a numbers game and, let's face it, he knew the situation and the position that he was in. he's a smart kid and a good player. the US has just as good a chance as canada at making a run for the gold. it's just that canada has the luxury of having people compete for spots, whereas the americans select the players that they feel will do the best. and it shouldn't matter who his father is. if he supports his decision full-heartedly-which he does,- then that's all that really matters.
what if the shoe was on the other foot? let's say that you had a chance for a guaranteed $50,000, as opposed to having to compete with others for a chance at the money. what would you do?

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
mgoblue523 said:
what's wrong with murray making the decision to play for a team that will guarantee him a spot? he's as much an american citizen as he is a canadian citizen, a la adam deadmarsh. it came down to a numbers game and, let's face it, he knew the situation and the position that he was in. he's a smart kid and a good player. the US has just as good a chance as canada at making a run for the gold. it's just that canada has the luxury of having people compete for spots, whereas the americans select the players that they feel will do the best. and it shouldn't matter who his father is. if he supports his decision full-heartedly-which he does,- then that's all that really matters.
what if the shoe was on the other foot? let's say that you had a chance for a guaranteed $50,000, as opposed to having to compete with others for a chance at the money. what would you do?
I would compete.Im not a lazy ass like Murray.I just hope that Phaneuf will crush him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:

Brett Hull and Adam Deadmarsh were CUT by team Canada... Murray was afraid of failure and decided to take the sure thing with the American team.

BTW... Deadmarsh still lives in Canada.

You're out of your mind. The U.S. is considered by many experts (i.e not you) to be a favorite at the WJC's this year. Our junior aged players have competed at a high level for a few years now and have tasted success at several venues. Get your facts before spouting off loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->