Value of: Braden Holtby

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean...someone had to make it, right ?

Seems likely that the Caps might let him go.

Not sure if a TDL deal is possible or the Caps will keep him for the play offs (if they’re making it), but still wonder how much he’s going to be worth come UFA time and whether sign and trade deal is possible ?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
A traffic cone. I mean it couldn't do any worse then 3 goals on 3 shots.
wasnt there a dallas goalie maybe niemi that had 3 goals on 2 shots ? they changed the scoreboard a while later but I think only 1 was a real shot .

anyways may as well hold onto him and hope he turns into a playoff monster yet again

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And what does Washington do in net? Sammy and Copley?

they ride him until either he gets out of this funk or Sammy shows them enough to warrant entrusting him with the starter job.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Is he with how he’s playing right now though? Also Calgary doesn’t have the cap space for what he’ll likely be looking for
plus ritich should be given the chance of being a starter without trying to replace him every week

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
You're gonna have to overpay to acquire him. He's going through a rough stretch but he's still more of a safe bet than Samsonov at this point.

GMBM has already shown he's willing to let long time Capitals players walk when their contract is up and they price themselves out of Washington.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Every goal ever scored is recorded as a shot on goal
yeah i know it ends up being officially that way but the game clock said like 2 when he was pulled. I think all three were weird shots tho like the kind you probably shouldnt reward as a shot but you just have to or it makes the stats all wonky

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
yeah i know it ends up being officially that way but the game clock said like 2 when he was pulled. I think all three were weird shots tho like the kind you probably shouldnt reward as a shot but you just have to or it makes the stats all wonky

What makes this a shot that wouldn't be counted? :huh:

upload_2019-10-14_18-5-22-gif.264523

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
What makes this a shot that wouldn't be counted? :huh:

upload_2019-10-14_18-5-22-gif.264523
was talking about how the niemi game was worse and the timekeepers only had 2 shots on three goals on the scoreclock after he was pulled after 3. I think two from that game were off weird dallas misplays .

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Holtby is in a really awkward spot right now. He's been awful this year, had a mediocre season last year, and was poor in the 17-18 regular season before having a nice playoffs. He's a UFA this season in a market where there are few teams looking for a big ticket goalie and even fewer who can actually afford one.

Something tells me a team will close their eyes, see a Cup ring, and pay him big. But if his season continues to be rough I'm very curious what will actually be out there for him.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
But not always for the team that gets the goal.

There are things called "own goals" that can happen too. So you CAN get three goals on two shots on goal, as a team.

The goal, and the SOG, goes to the last player of the scoring side that touched the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad