Player Discussion Braden Holtby Appreciation Thread

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I think a second round pick is probably around fair value but I don't think the Capitals make sense as a team to pay that price. They either need to just draft someone with that pick or use it in a trade to upgrade a position that isn't as easily addressed by the UFA market.
I see your point, but you must have a lot of faith in Sam. I wouldn't want a Crawford or Khudobin personally.

Sorry for storming your boards and thankyou all for not giving me crap. Just fealt like chatting today :)

Reactions: tenken00

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I see your point, but you must have a lot of faith in Sam. I wouldn't want a Crawford or Khudobin personally.

Sorry for storming your boards and thankyou all for not giving me crap. Just fealt like chatting today :)

No need to apologize, anyone is welcome to post here so long as they're here to talk hockey and not stir up any nonsense.

Had more faith in Sam before he went and got himself hurt during the Covid break. Honestly wouldn't surprise me too much to see Holtby back in DC on a one year deal at a similar cap hit given it's a terrible time for him to hit UFA and teams are going to need two good goalies to split time with the condensed schedule next year.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
No need to apologize, anyone is welcome to post here so long as they're here to talk hockey and not stir up any nonsense.

Had more faith in Sam before he went and got himself hurt during the Covid break. Honestly wouldn't surprise me too much to see Holtby back in DC on a one year deal at a similar cap hit given it's a terrible time for him to hit UFA and teams are going to need two good goalies to split time with the condensed schedule next year.
I could see Holtby taking a deal like that. He knows he can be better. I'm just here from a TML perspective.

Is Gudas UFA now or next year?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Gudas was awful. No chance he plays here again.

Hard pass on wasting a 2nd on a decent rental goalie at 5mil cap hit

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Dumping 1 of the bottom-6 long big contracts for 1y of Andersen sounds like nice opportunity. Second chance for Sammy in backup position (to start the year). Should light a fire under him.

I dont know if Andersen is any good now though. Maybe he is awful.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The Save

FB_IMG_1602265557493.jpg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Looking at Facebook/Twitter comments, it's a never ending stream of female fans crying about Holtby leaving :laugh:

I guess he was definitely one of the more attractive Capitals. At least they still have Wilson, plus Henrik coming in. And maybe Kempny comes back from injury.

Reactions: max21

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Second sweetest after "The Washington Capitals for the first time in their 44 year history are the Stanley Cup Champions!"

Heh, maybe its my senility, but I seem to recall Doc's words when the final shift ended as being a jumbled mess. Something like "the capital of the nation is the capital of the hockey world" or something similarly stupid.

After that my mind was just a blur :D

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Heh, maybe its my senility, but I seem to recall Doc's words when the final shift ended as being a jumbled mess. Something like "the capital of the nation is the capital of the hockey world" or something similarly stupid.

After that my mind was just a blur :D
:) yes... he did say that, but then he pulled himself together and called us Stanley Cup Champs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Thanks Braden for everything.
Glad he's in the WC now. Canucks seems like a good team.
And he'll play with Beags.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad