News Article: Brad Treliving is WWRRRROOOOOONNNGGGG, apparently

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Didn't even read the article but anyone with half a brain would know the flames have no business having the record they have, even after the recent losses, and Hartley is a big part of that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bleacher Report posted an article specifically regarding the Flames for the first time in forever. So naturally, it’s negative.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...contract-is-a-bad-idea-for-the-calgary-flames

Lozo really hates Hartley, for some reason
looks like the writer is just another idiot who doesn't understand hockey so he relies solely on advanced stats. Bleacher Report is a joke 99.999% of Tue time anyways. Not sure why people even read that garbage.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not giving it a hit. Never liked B/R. They don't seem to have any kind of real insight, and it's always bothered me that their articles are often in slide-show format to artificially enhance their traffic.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I figured I'd give the article a shot, suspended disbelief when i read that the Flames' record should be better, but literally stopped reading at (LOL) in reference to Engelland's contract.

Worth noting that the people who write these articles are less qualified than the average HF posters. Sickens me that they manage to make money out of it. :shakehead

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Really dumb. You could put Mike Babcock behind the Flames bench over the past three years and he'd have a losing record, given the personnel on the ice; that's what happens when you're beginning a rebuild. The team's record is zero argument against Hartley as a coach.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The article was more arguing that the Flames possession numbers should be better given the top two lines and "arguably best all around top defensive pairing."

Still a stupid and pointless piece though.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think it's pretty clear that the author of that article knows nothing about the Flames or Hartley personally. He's a non viewer that is making assessments based solely on numbers.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I couldn't even finish it. But what I did read, never mentioned the fact that the Flames don't have a lot of talent on their team yet beat talented teams with hard work. Anyone else get to that part? :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad