Brad Treliving Appreciation Thread

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Stonks 10102019025720.jpg

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I mean it's not only Neal though, it's also his obsession with ex-Oilers, or players the Oilers were after.

Rieder, Talbot, Foo, Versteeg, etc.

It's like he wants to prove that the Oilers are terrible (didn't need any more proof the last few years anyways) by showing that he can turn our garbage into their gold.

There is definitely something there. Beyond/different than just a rivalry.

Many of those make some sense by themselves but all together that's a lot.

North

Jun 25, 2009
we are getting a head of ourselves here

Seriously, for all the shit we’ve put up with why not have some fun when we can?

Why is there so much policing in this thread? (Not just by you).

Yeah it may go sideways but guess what? Right now it’s good so we can take a moment and enjoy that since we haven’t really had the opportunity to do that for so long.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Seriously, for all the **** we’ve put up with why not have some fun when we can?

Why is there so much policing in this thread? (Not just by you).

Yeah it may go sideways but guess what? Right now it’s good so we can take a moment and enjoy that since we haven’t really had the opportunity to do that for so long.

Well as a crazy ass Buddhist I can tella Karma is a bitch

We have seen on the main board how evil they are..this thread gives them ammo later and evidence is they can put the sh** kickers to us and we can not respond.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well as a crazy ass Buddhist I can tella Karma is a *****

We have seen on the main board how evil they are..this thread gives them ammo later and evidence is they can put the sh** kickers to us and we can not respond.

They did that even when we didn’t do stuff like this so f*** it we might as well enjoy the things we can, while we can.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well as a crazy ass Buddhist I can tella Karma is a *****

Calgary puck has had a "Edmonton is no good" thread up for years and karma hasn't bit them...f*** that karma and I'll enjoy the good times right now :)

thank you Brad for signing him to a ridiculous deal, then selling on him low...then taking Lucic and his awful contract back

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So many Flames fans think Lucic racking up the PIMs is an equal offset to Neal leading the league in goals.

‘Both teams got what they needed!’

Mind boggling.

Is it really though? A vast majority of this board (me definitely not included) were in favor of the Hall for Larsson trade.

It is what it is, its fandom, and you see it almost everytime no matter how bad the trade is.

Heres the dynamic to look for. Initially the responses are honest and expected. You see a lot of WTF is this shit in the first hours or even day of the thread. By the next day you see revisionism happening. Its like the trade happened, and some flick the switch fast and try to like it, and try to justify and rationalize liking it. Reasons are INVENTED. Soon its seen as a good or acceptable trade, people discuss pros and cons and it quickly becomes a debate, even when the trade is so one sided.

Its a fan process I've been seeing for as long as I've followed hockey. No matter where you go.

Lets be clear here too. Hall for Larsson is on a whole level of worse than Lucic for Neal. As much as I like Neal. Hall is often the best player on his team, the most important player.

In the end most fans seem to accept what their team does. No matter how bad. That's not mind boggling, its come to be expected, and disparate voices get weeded out, or shouted out.

I was a voice in the wilderness here stating that Chiarelli was going to trade Hall and other talent and ruin this club for years. 95% of the posters here were loving Chiarelli at the time.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Calgary puck has had a "Edmonton is no good" thread up for years and karma hasn't bit them...**** that karma and I'll enjoy the good times right now :)

thank you Brad for signing him to a ridiculous deal, then selling on him low...then taking Lucic and his awful contract back

I do believe CP is to hockey is what Foxnews is to news-- never really had touch with reality

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just find it weird how hard Flames media is trying to downplay this. Just seems desperate. I dont get it.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Its Cloned he's impulsive with this stuff and doesn't believe in voodoo koodoo karma and superstition like the rest of us.

Everybody remember to keep wearing the same mismatching socks like I did watching the game. Don't change up anything. Don't walk on cracks on sidewalks.

I ain't breaking no backs!

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Calgary puck has had a "Edmonton is no good" thread up for years and karma hasn't bit them...**** that karma and I'll enjoy the good times right now :)

I was thinking the same but then I thought about how they never make it past the first round... :eek:

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I never understood really calling out your rivals like this.

Its a bad look. Especially as the Oilers IMO.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I never understood really calling out your rivals like this.

Its a bad look. Especially as the Oilers IMO.

It’s just a bit of fun while things are good.

I’ve never understood the need for some people to stomp all over people when they’re having a little harmless fun.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Just wanted to say good for you guys. After the constant crap oilers fans have had to deal with for years, you guys deserve a win for once.

I don’t wish Neal well though. He dogged it and didn’t give two craps here, and I absolutely will stand by that. Too bad (for the flames lol) tre made a pretty awful desperation move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad