Brad Staubitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was watching the London/Ottawa game and I came away fairly impressed with Staubitz. Before late this season I hadn't heard much of him but I've liked what I've seen so far. Physical, plays with an edge, and can put up some points. Anyone have any thoughts on him that's seen him more?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Kritty said:
I was watching the London/Ottawa game and I came away fairly impressed with Staubitz. Before late this season I hadn't heard much of him but I've liked what I've seen so far. Physical, plays with an edge, and can put up some points. Anyone have any thoughts on him that's seen him more?

Never shuts up and stops complaining :cry: :dunno: :cry:

Thomson or Prust is gonna lay a beating on him in this series.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
He's been a complete revelation thus far in Ottawa. This is not a guy who was a stud before coming to Ottawa, but he's been something for the 67's.

He's not that big, but he pretends he is. I mean he's thick, and has decent height, but he's at most 6'1". His skating is average at best, as is his passing. Some consider him poised with the puck, although I think that quite frankly he holds onto it too long instead of really moving it forward. His greatest asset offensively, and the only one that will help him should he go pro is his shot, which is just a cannon. It's big, powerful and accurate, and has led to many goals for the guy.

One thing that has impressed me about him is that he's become increasingly more disciplined in the I dunno, five or six months he's been a 67. He's defenitely not the loose cannon he was when he came over from the Soo. I mean, he still takes a lot of penalties, but not only are they less frequent, but they aren't just all stupid penalties. The same can be said for Brad Bonello though, which tells me Brian Kilrea is working wonders getting his guys to be disciplined thus far.

I don't know what to predict for Staubitz. He's gone from OHL journeyman to being a stud blueliner on a team that could win the Memorial Cup. Is he a late bloomer, was he misused, or is Kilrea just a genuis. All could be true.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
trahans99 said:

article about Prust being back in the lineup:

Prust, who got a three-game suspension during the Western Conference final with Kitchener, didn't like what he saw from the Ottawa 67's in Game 1 on Friday night.

"When you're not out there it kind of bugs you," Prust said after seeing Corey Perry take a beating in the second period.

The 67's Brad Staubitz laid the stick to Perry, first a two-handed slash on the wrist, then a cross-check across the head into the end glass, which drew a minor penalty.

"Corey is used to it and every team we face guns for him, but sometimes I wished I was out there so I could do something about it," Prust said.

He said he's not sending a warning to the 67's, "but I think they know I'm back and they know my game."

Knights centre Rob Schremp, third in OHL playoff scoring with 10 goals and 22 points, said Prust's return is welcomed.

"Brandon has a good presence and he makes people think about what they're going to do with their sticks and how they react to certain things and I think with Prustie back it will be a little different," he said.

"There'll be consequences to pay if they do something stupid or try and take Corey's arm off."

http://www.londonknights.com/default.asp

littleD

Staubitz has been huge all during the 67s playoff run. Pretty much the only d-man for Ottawa who has made any offensive contribution, tied for most PPG in the playoffs among the 67s, and (FWIW) has the best +/- in the playoffs for Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
trahans99 said:

LoL The way Staubitz handled Stortini I dont think anyone in the ohl will "lay a beating on him"

Hossa is pretty much bang on with Staubitz's evaluation I think he moves the puck a little better then that, I love his mean streak though. The only complaint I have is how he always floats slow wristers from the point on the PP instead of holding onto the puck or moving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->