Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If Marchand is somehow emotionally affected by the Seguin trade enough where it leads to the kind of play we've seen on display, then I don't want him playing for the team I cheer for. That's a level of mental immaturity I'd expect to see out of a junior high schooler who's sad his best friend moved away and now he doesn't feel like studying.

I'm also of the belief that situation has nothing to do with his level of play.

Playing on a line with Seguin, both him and Bergeron had to place an emphasis on their defensive games because it was an area of deficiency for Tyler. Now, with a defensive stalwart on that line in Eriksson, that compensation doesn't need to happen for either Marchand or Bergeron. Bergeron can and will adapt (37's recovery is the biggest piece of what ails him). It remains to be seen if Brad will. I tend to think he will; he's too smart not to. He just needs to do it in quick order.

Totally agree.

Also, there have been several posters here that have said (don't know why they would make it up) that Marchand did not spend that much time with Seguin last year off the ice. I'm not sure they were even BFF's, which is more reason to doubt the Seguin Effect as a cause.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
What happened? What did I miss?

He checked Zuccarello from behind into the boards. Typical dumb hit where Marchand's looking right at the numbers.

Oddly enough, I didn't see a main board thread on it, nor have I seen anything that indicates the league might review it. Virtually everyone (myself included) thought for certain he'd earned some discipline.

Frankly, I think a few games off would've benefitted him.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Totally agree.

Also, there have been several posters here that have said (don't know why they would make it up) that Marchand did not spend that much time with Seguin last year off the ice. I'm not sure they were even BFF's, which is more reason to doubt the Seguin Effect as a cause.

I have heard that he spent a good amount of time with his girlfriend and not Seguin.

Sometimes a brat just needs a good woman.

Now if she can kick start him in the nards, I'd be happy.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
He checked Zuccarello from behind into the boards. Typical dumb hit where Marchand's looking right at the numbers.

Oddly enough, I didn't see a main board thread on it, nor have I seen anything that indicates the league might review it. Virtually everyone (myself included) thought for certain he'd earned some discipline.

Frankly, I think a few games off would've benefitted him.

It was a crosscheck, a light cross check worthy of a minor penalty. Zuccarello threw himself into the boards. I found it pretty amusing when the camera showed him on the ice looking to see if the referees made a call.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was a crosscheck, a light cross check worthy of a minor penalty. Zuccarello threw himself into the boards. I found it pretty amusing when the camera showed him on the ice looking to see if the referees made a call.

I love it when you see a player look up from his "career ending injury" at the refs, just to see if he should stay down a little longer...before coming out on the PP the following shift :laugh:

Freaking soccer players :shakehead

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Here's what Claude should do with Marchand:

reunite the original merlot line. Let him play with Campbell and Thornton for a few games and just let him get back to basics. Remember in 2011 when he started on that line and then just worked so hard and made so many thing happen that they couldn't keep him out of the top 6 after a while? We need that Marchand again. On the 4th line he can just get back to his roots and worry about *his* game for a while.

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

reunite the original merlot line. Let him play with Campbell and Thornton for a few games and just let him get back to basics. Remember in 2011 when he started on that line and then just worked so hard and made so many thing happen that they couldn't keep him out of the top 6 after a while? We need that Marchand again. On the 4th line he can just get back to his roots and worry about *his* game for a while.

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

Me likey.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

I wouldn't drink it but I'd look forward to watching it on skates.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

It looked cruddy RT, certainly helped that Zucc popped up pretty quickly like a whack-a-mole.

Maybe she's too good?:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Well damn, I can't hardly get on the guy for that, I guess.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

Yep. I agree.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
So you want to mess with 3 lines because one individual can't get his head out of his ***?

Do not like.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

I like this also.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
So you want to mess with 3 lines because one individual can't get his head out of his ***?

Do not like.

well the team was collectively pretty bad last night and Paille and Soderberg have both played well enough to get bumped up for a bit. paille has been deserving of 3rd line minutes since last year IMO.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
He's certainly pressing.

It's not like he's the only on that line that can give us more. All three can and eventually will.

The fact that he gets no PP time certainly don't help him on the scoresheet and to get back his offensive confidence.

But he'll get it back. Better that tough stretch be now than go the Full Seguin come playoffs time...

Ummm not sure if you were watching, but pretty sure Marchand went Full Seggy for pretty much the whole PO run too.

It's been a while since we've seen "Good Brad"

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

In the mean time I'd do:
KIL
Yeti/Bergery/Loui
Pie/Kelly/Smith
Marchlot

That's not a bad idea. Give Marchand a wake-up call... IMO Brad has been the weakest link on the 2nd line, not Eriksson.

Yeti has earned the chance to play with Bergy and his fellow Swede (Loui). And Paille has been great of late, but i feel like he could be better if he played with better linemates... he looks frustrated.

It wouldn't have to be permanent, like all line shake-ups. And most importantly, this lineup leaves the ONE line that has been pure dominance intact... KIL has been puck possession kings all season thus far. You don't break up that KIL line until it goes into a major slump.

I'd love to see how Soderberg responds/plays with more talented linemates. I think we could see him really emerge as an offensive force... the guy crashes the net as well as anyone else on the team and he is a fantastic passer. Almost too good at times, but he's shooting more now.

Brad needs to get his head out of his ass; Yeti has outplayed him in the better part of the last 5-6 games and that is coming off an ankle injury.

nycbruins*

Ummm not sure if you were watching, but pretty sure Marchand went Full Seggy for pretty much the whole PO run too.

It's been a while since we've seen "Good Brad"

But he did score a few big goals in the 2nd & 3rd round. Seguin did not

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Maybe there's something going on in his personal life that matters more to him then hockey right now? Maybe family related? That's my guess to why he hasn't done much this season.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe there's something going on in his personal life that matters more to him then hockey right now? Maybe family related? That's my guess to why he hasn't done much this season.

Sure, it's possible. But if he doesn't step it up soon, I bet he'll be watching a few games from upstairs. I consider myself one of his biggest fans but he's killing me. Killin me heah!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Really disappointing. Just looking lazy and disengaged.

More like confused and trying to do three things at the same time, which leads to doing zero things right.

As Chris Kelly has said, playing hard doesn't necessarily mean playing smart. Marchand has to play smarter, not skate around like the proverbial headless chicken.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
That's not a bad idea. Give Marchand a wake-up call... IMO Brad has been the weakest link on the 2nd line, not Eriksson.

Yeti has earned the chance to play with Bergy and his fellow Swede (Loui). And Paille has been great of late, but i feel like he could be better if he played with better linemates... he looks frustrated.

It wouldn't have to be permanent, like all line shake-ups. And most importantly, this lineup leaves the ONE line that has been pure dominance intact... KIL has been puck possession kings all season thus far. You don't break up that KIL line until it goes into a major slump.

I'd love to see how Soderberg responds/plays with more talented linemates. I think we could see him really emerge as an offensive force... the guy crashes the net as well as anyone else on the team and he is a fantastic passer. Almost too good at times, but he's shooting more now.

Brad needs to get his head out of his ass; Yeti has outplayed him in the better part of the last 5-6 games and that is coming off an ankle injury.

I'm not even suggesting it as a punishment for Marchand. Just more of a "get back to his roots" kind of move. I think it would remind him that what made him successful in the first place is that he started out by working his but off and being a puck hound on the 4th line. He's overthinking things right now IMO. Some time w/ merlot would let him just GO. IIRC Julien did the same thing with Lucic at one point either last year or the year before. He just wanted him to go out there and get back to basics and I think Marchand needs to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad