Youtube: Brad Marchand vs. Lars Eller 10/3/18

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You act like a clown and taunt an entire bench celebrating a meaningless goal, you have to expect someone is going to come after you. Eller got what he deserved, Marchand's dirtbag history aside. That was a good old fashioned hockey play. Guy mouths off, opposing team answers by shutting guy's mouth for him.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
That was satisfying seeing Eller get manhandled by a guy a foot shorter than himself. When you play with an edge like Eller you should at least learn the basics of fighting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Looks nothing like what happened last night. Unlike Girardi, Eller should have known he on the Bruins radar afer having words with the bench minutes before.

Marchand was right in front of him the entire time.

Reactions: LSCII

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
I'm all for put your money where your mouth is, but do we know what was said by Eller? To me it looked like his little fist rolling was directed at his own bench, not that of the Bruins...on the other hand, celebrating the 7th goal in a blowout is kind of tacky.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I'm all for put your money where your mouth is, but do we know what was said by Eller? To me it looked like his little fist rolling was directed at his own bench, not that of the Bruins...on the other hand, celebrating the 7th goal in a blowout is kind of tacky.

Yeah I agree, Boston overreacted and Eller has been around long enough to not celebrate a 7-0 goal

Reactions: beedee

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
I don’t like Ellers celly on the goal but I don’t believe it warranted a beating. I’m a typical old school hockey player and I love to chuck the knuckles but a guy has to do more than that to justify jumping him like Marchand did. I think, and I’ve been there myself, Marchand just lost his cool what with the Caps hammering Boston all night, and he over reacted.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
I don’t like Ellers celly on the goal but I don’t believe it warranted a beating. I’m a typical old school hockey player and I love to chuck the knuckles but a guy has to do more than that to justify jumping him like Marchand did. I think, and I’ve been there myself, Marchand just lost his cool what with the Caps hammering Boston all night, and he over reacted.

Marchand's a talented hockey player with the (on-ice) social intelligence of a goal post. He's been able to walk that fine line that for whatever reason (I'm thinking Chara) that hasn't put him in serious harm's way.

You're completely on point. Eller chirped a nothing-burger. That's it. What Eller does in a game happens all the time and no one gets jumped. What I think is going on is Marchand, picking his ready little greasy spots as he so expertly does, didn't go because of Eller per se. I think the game obviously had an effect, but what I think it was really about was Marchand conveying an image to manage the garbage he pulled in the playoffs.

Got December 6th circled.

Last edited:

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
In what universe is this worthy of a suspension? People on the main board are unbearingly whiny. And soft. My goodness. Marchand forced the issue and instigated a fight. Big f***ing deal. He gave Eller time to defend himself and Eller did, it's not like he turtled or ran away. And Marchand then hammered him. Just because it was a one sided beating doesn't mean there needs to be any supplemental discipline. This was an instigator penalty and that's it. Hockey fans are just bleeding hearts these days. Any bit of rough stuff and they cry for fines and suspensions. Get over it. Hockey is a violent game ok? Things like this happen. If the caps have a problem with this, then they can deal with it themselves next time they play Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad