4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
nflpests_marchand.webp

:thumbu:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Here is something interesting to think about.
Marchand had a great year
2nd all-star team, 9th in Hart voting, and 9th in Selke voting.

So far his totals in meaningful categories are...

All-Star team selectionsHart VotingSelke VotingGoal finishesPoint finishes
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If Marchand has another year like this last one, or puts up two more elite seasons, he actually is in the discussion for HHOF.

Don't believe me? Check out this record from a recent HHOFer.
All-Star team selectionsHart votingSelke votingGoal FinishesPoint finishes
2,3,3,3,610, 10,5,7,104,5,5,65,6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Anyone know who this second player is?
Marian Hossa

Marchand will have to do better than this player. This player was well liked and Marchand isn't

Last edited:

NJ Bruin

Sep 14, 2020
North Jersey
Let's say his peak continues another 2-3 years: is #63 hanging in the rafters one day?

Yes? No? Depends on another cup?

Personally I think if he puts up a few more 90+ point seasons and retires a Bruin it should be retired.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You gotta put up with the fact that every once in a while he's gonna do some dumb shit but he's one hell of a hockey player.
...and he is not an asshole to most people. The fans and especially kids love him. Brad does go out of his way for the kids and I understand he does so much for charity as well.

I have heard players from other teams say they would love to have Brad on their team. Even the guys in stripes laugh with him often. Maybe it's that "A" he has been wearing of late.

If you haven't noticed that he has calmed down so much than you are not paying attention. I don't ever want Brad to completely lose that edge.

We B's fans are VERY lucky to have him on this team.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
...and he is not an asshole to most people. The fans and especially kids love him. Brad does go out of his way for the kids and I understand he does so much for charity as well.

I have heard players from other teams say they would love to have Brad on their team. Even the guys in stripes laugh with him often. Maybe it's that "A" he has been wearing of late.

If you haven't noticed that he has calmed down so much than you are not paying attention. I don't ever want Brad to completely lose that edge.

We B's fans are VERY lucky to have him on this team.

I am sure there are some guys around the league that don't like him on a personal level due to on-ice issues, but for the most part, his peers around the league have pretty good things to say about him as a person. It is much the same with Tom Wilson who off the ice is really well-liked apparently, but is a douche when he ties on the skates and the puck drops.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am sure there are some guys around the league that don't like him on a personal level due to on-ice issues, but for the most part, his peers around the league have pretty good things to say about him as a person. It is much the same with Tom Wilson who off the ice is really well-liked apparently, but is a douche when he ties on the skates and the puck drops.
Yeah. Wilson injures other players. Not my favorite.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah. Wilson injures other players. Not my favorite.

I don't like him as a player either for that reason, but Brad did a dirty thing to Marcus Johansson and has other questionable stuff in his past like that. The point is, what the guy is on the ice in the heat of a game is not always the guy that people know in everyday life.

Reactions: Estlin and BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't like him as a player either for that reason, but Brad did a dirty thing to Marcus Johansson and has other questionable stuff in his past like that. The point is, what the guy is on the ice in the heat of a game is not always the guy that people know in everyday life.
I agree. Most do realize that Wilson can do far more damage to other players than Brad. Also Brad has changed a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand's slewfoot on Stepan into the boards is one of the dirtiest things I have seen. Absolutely awful play.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Brad went from playing super greasy, to being a troll. I like that a lot better than having to worry if he'd get a call from DOPS every 5th game.
...and from where we sit he is a very funny and witty man. Many games he makes me laugh. Brad makes some pretty good faces too.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Brad is simply superb, in every way. He’s worth 2 or even 3 players in that he’s not only highly skilled, but his antics irritate the other teams and he gets inside players’ heads, to the point where he can singlehandedly change the complexion of a game.

I almost like him more than the great Kenny Linseman. Almost.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Brad is simply superb, in every way. He’s worth 2 or even 3 players in that he’s not only highly skilled, but his antics irritate the other teams and he gets inside players’ heads, to the point where he can singlehandedly change the complexion of a game.

I almost like him more than the great Kenny Linseman. Almost.

WOW. That is quite a compliment for our Marchy !

Another plus is how much he gets paid. He could easily get more than the B's are paying him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad