Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

yeah thats not a fair fight.....

But what happened before this even? Were they chirping at one another and then Marchand started throwing before Eller got his gloves off? Or did Marchand just grab him basically out of nowhere? Neither is cool, but one is markedly worse than the other.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Which is fine, but i hope you won’t cry like the OP when someone rearranges your face.
So why is what basically amounts as assault on an unwilling combatant kosher but Wilson making a bad play that was still in the context of a game worth 20 games.

This sport is ass backwards sometimes, sanctimonious about hits to the head that are arguably a risk of a fast game where fractions of a second determine legality and contact point. (Which just be clear I’m not saying doesn’t have merit, I understand stand the fear and reaction to plays like Wilson’s).

In the same breath of that outcry this sport celebrates the assault of a guy for celebration, a beat down that had several unblocked head blows. An assault that results in just being booted for the game.

Like I’ll believe the NHL’s Schtick about safety when these glaring oversights aren’t so apparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->