Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I watched the replay of Eller's celebration and it honestly looked like nothing. He twirls his hand, but I didn't get the sense that it was directed towards the Bruins bench. If you don't like it, then don't get walloped 7-0.

There's a highlight of him talking to the bruins bench too. don't want to fight? Turtle. If not don't get destroyed by marchand.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That's your argument? It literally doesn't matter,

And what a sociopath we know Tom Wilson to be, hardly a great example.

Besides that, Miller crosses half the ice to engage the guy. I'm not going to say that they squared up to fight because they didn't, but I didn't see Eller skating up to Marchand throwing a shoulder behind the play.

It certainly puts the crying and logic into perspective.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Marchand: "Yeah I'm one of the dirtiest POS's in the league and I love doing really dumb shit like licking people's faces, but don't ever taunt us after scoring a goal! That's crossing the line!"

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Marchand instigated a fight and received an instigator penalty... just as anyone else who instigates a fight after they're upset at something they perceive to be unsportsmanlike / or as a result of a dirty hit.

He received his instigator penalty, that's why it's there. What else should be done?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

he might have had a chance to have a long storied career with a ring and no fights, but he decided to chirp at a team up a touchdown. if I am not surprised that this would ellicit a reaction, I can't imagine lars saying he didn't know he couldnt show guys up late in a blowout settled game.

there are lots of guys are " not fighters" that end up going.
He didnt chirp at the Bruins. He was celebrating his goal and the Bruins chirped at him. Marchand even said the reason he jumped him was because his celebration was too close to the Bruins bench.
I agree that celebration in a 7-0 wasnt necessary but it didnt warrant getting jumped and getting a beat down.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
:laugh: some of you guys are overreacting big time, this isn't even suspension worthy and we are already on Part 2.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So i finally decided to watch this fight. Wouldn't have been a big deal if Eller won or didn't get his ass kicked.

But he did. And the damage was done after eller dropped his gloves and squared off.

So basically, a guy who didn't want to fight, decided to fight and got beat up.

....by a guy who by all accounts really doesn't know how to fight either, and is 5 inches shorter and 25lbs lighter.

Am i missing anything?

Edit: just saw ellers celly. He knows better than that.

I mean you're free to celebrate your goals how you want but others are free to take offense to it too

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He didnt chirp at the Bruins. He was celebrating his goal and the Bruins chirped at him. Marchand even said the reason he jumped him was because his celebration was too close to the Bruins bench.
I agree that celebration in a 7-0 wasnt necessary but it didnt warrant getting jumped and getting a beat down.

marchand disagrees and eller on the way to the caps bench stopped and yelled something back to the bruins bench.

There is a lot a grey, you might see this as an over reaction, I might see it differently. its clear that marchand who is by no means a goon felt that this was bad enough to warrant a response that had to be delivered.

so the little guy forced the issue, they stopped and squared up, and then eller caught a couple of real stiff licks, and the beef was done.

this is causing the sky to fall how ?

Reactions: Riptide

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So i finally decided to watch this fight. Wouldn't have been a big deal if Eller won or didn't get his ass kicked.

But he did. And the damage was done after eller dropped his gloves and squared off.

So basically, a guy who didn't want to fight, decided to fight and got beat up.

....by a guy who by all accounts really doesn't know how to fight either, and is 5 inches shorter and 25lbs lighter.

Am i missing anything?
Just “Marchand”

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
marchand disagrees and eller on the way to the caps bench stopped and yelled something back to the bruins bench.

There is a lot a grey, you might see this as an over reaction, I might see it differently. its clear that marchand who is by no means a goon felt that this was bad enough to warrant a response that had to be delivered.

so the little guy forced the issue, they stopped and squared up, and then eller caught a couple of real stiff licks, and the beef was done.

this is causing the sky to fall how ?

Because Marchand.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Eller is 6'3" and Marchand is 5'7". I saw what took place and right or wrong at least Marchand showed a pulse and pride in defending his teams honor.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I look at it this way. You’re going to be on both ends of a bad beat down of a 5 goal plus game. It happens.

If guys celebrating bother you stop them from scoring.

Do I personally like over celebrating? No. But I think there are worse offenses than having your pride hurt or being humiliated because you got it handed to you.

As for Marchand, with all of his pst actions like licking people and dirty plays, he’s not the person who should be standing on some high horse telling people how to behave on the ice.

Has Marchand ever fought anyone who was considered a level or two higher as a fighter?

Example, Brian Burke said that gudbranson was a tier above harmonics fighting ability. Has Marchand ever stepped up a tier to fight? Has he answered the bell from someone like that for his actions? Ellet lost the fight but o give him credit for not turtling. Same credit as datsyuk back in the day when Perry jumped him.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Marchand: "Yeah I'm one of the dirtiest POS's in the league and I love doing really dumb **** like licking people's faces, but don't ever taunt us after scoring a goal! That's crossing the line!"

Lmao this is so true, he's such a childish little twerp.

Hilarious because we've seen what a coward he is when it comes to fighting actual fighters.

It's gonna be a good day when someone runs that POS or better yet he gets a massive suspension for doing his usual Marchand things.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Yep, no question this was not a hockey play, I thought they were trying to get this stuff out, but hey, they have always been light on Brad, having said it when teams run up scores you know something is going to happen, so maybe that's part of the reason why Brad doesn't get anything, or maybe he's too valuable a player to get time off.
Soft

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad