Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nothing happened because nothing was deserved, it's Brad Marchand if something was deserved it would have happened.

It's Brad Marchand he is NOT going to get the benefit of the doubt

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Tom Wilson gets 20 games for what could be generously called a hockey play that went over the edge. Brad Marchand gets no review for something that cannot be considered a hockey play even generously

Tom Wilson is maybe the 10th best player in his team. Brad Marchand is maybe the 25th best player in the entire NHL.

It's not equal justice for all.
If you are good enough to sell lots of tickets you get away with it. If you are not a star you get the book thrown at you.

Yes that's it - Marchand isn't getting this reviewed because he's a much better player then Wilson. I can't believe people actually believe this shit. Marchand isn't getting this reviewed, because this was no different then any other fight... except that Eller got his ass kicked. Go re-watch the fight itself... Marchand didn't just goon it up... Eller was swinging back. He just had the misfortune of getting his ass kicked.

You may not like the reason of this fight, but it's no different then any other fight that happens any other game. Marchand instigated it, and was punished for doing so.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Also, anybody calling this a fair fight is a ****ing joke. Marchand has ripped Eller's helmet off and landed three or four punches before Eller ever even drops a glove (he only ever gets one off in this "fair" fight).

An official shows up and does nothing, the message to the player is "you'd better defend yourself because nobody else is going to". Why is electing to defend yourself suddenly being interpreted as "willing combatant"?

Intent to injure is apparently only something that counts when you're hitting someone, because this is as blatant as it gets.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Also, anybody calling this a fair fight is a ****ing joke. Marchand has ripped Eller's helmet off and landed three or four punches before Eller ever even drops a glove (he only ever gets one off in this "fair" fight).

An official shows up and does nothing, the message to the player is "you'd better defend yourself because nobody else is going to". Why is electing to defend yourself suddenly being interpreted as "willing combatant"?

Intent to injure is apparently only something that counts when you're hitting someone, because this is as blatant as it gets.

Uh... 6'3 vs 5'9... intent to injure... sad nonsense.

If anything Eller needs to look at himself. He must be utterly embarrassed. The only player in the NHL who cannot handle midget Marchy?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Yes that's it - Marchand isn't getting this reviewed because he's a much better player then Wilson. I can't believe people actually believe this ****. Marchand isn't getting this reviewed, because this was no different then any other fight... except that Eller got his ass kicked. Go re-watch the fight itself... Marchand didn't just goon it up... Eller was swinging back. He just had the misfortune of getting his ass kicked.

You may not like the reason of this fight, but it's no different then any other fight that happens any other game. Marchand instigated it, and was punished for doing so.

Helmet ripped off and he's already taking blows before he ever gets to drop a glove or square up to his "opponent". What a joke.

Of course he gets his ass kicked when he finally elects to defend himself, he's no fighter, but he didn't agree to the fight in the first place. It was that, or get punched until someone else finally decides to do something.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Both players need to take some responsibility for what transpired (mostly Marchand, but Eller is not blameless here). Marchand is an idiot and a rat, and I hate him and the Bruins with a passion, but this was not 100% his fault. Eller needs to be smarter than that. Hockey is an emotional game. You just can't taunt the team that you're wiping the floor with and then expect nobody to have a problem with it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Helmet ripped off and he's already taking blows before he ever gets to drop a glove or square up to his "opponent". What a joke.

Of course he gets his ass kicked when he finally elects to defend himself, he's no fighter, but he didn't agree to the fight in the first place. It was that, or get punched until someone else finally decides to do something.

The only joke is the 6-3 guy getting his ass kicked by a midget. And some of the fans defending him.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Uh... 6'3 vs 5'9... intent to injure... sad nonsense.

That's your argument? It literally doesn't matter,

And what a sociopath we know Tom Wilson to be, hardly a great example.

Besides that, Miller crosses half the ice to engage the guy. I'm not going to say that they squared up to fight because they didn't, but I didn't see Eller skating up to Marchand throwing a shoulder behind the play.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Eller wasn't even looking at Marchand, Miller crossed the ice to engage Wilson intentionally.

Not even close.
He gets the jump on him and starts throwing before Miller even gets his gloves off. I'd say it's pretty similar to be honest. The only difference is Miller starts to take over when Wilson is no longer at an advantage.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
No one is afraid of Tom Wilson.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep posting about what Wilson is supposedly going to do when he returns to the lineup. Could he beat up Marchand? Absolutely. But the Bruins also have Chara, who could easily snap Wilson in half like a twig if he wanted to. It feels gross to be defending Boston, but these are just facts.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm honestly asking last night did Kuznetsov do his celebration where he flaps his arms after each time he scores a goal since he happened to score last night. Personally I think that's a lot worse of a celebration compared to what Eller did.

I was watching the habs and the leafs but on nhl radio this morning someone asked this question and ( for what it was worth) the answer was no. no bird wing flapping.

but I think he scored early when the game wasnt settled. didnt he get two last night ?

right when the habs leafs game ended I switched over and saw eller's goal and the resulting shennanigans.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Eller is 6 foot 207 and he isn't a fighter. Marchard might be a little weasel but he is tough. Some small guys are tough customers.
eller is bigger than 6 foot and if marchand is a toughie, his fight card doesnt reflect that.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
For the record I think this was Ellers first NHL fight. And technically it wasnt even really a fight. He didnt get a chance to even defend himself. He probably would have been better off not dropping the gloves and turtling. He wouldnt have taken as bad of a beating and Marchand definately would have been suspended.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
So is everyone thinking they should ring a bell before a fight now?
Sure, Marchy started the fight, but by the time Eller got fed in the face he was squared up ready to go

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He gets the jump on him and starts throwing before Miller even gets his gloves off. I'd say it's pretty similar to be honest. The only difference is Wilson gets dusted towards the end once he realizes he's dealing with Kevan Miller.

He certainly gets the jump on him, I'm not denying that, but they're two very different circumstances nonetheless.

Miller left his position and physically engaged with Wilson behind the play in some pretty typical "we might fight" behavior. They collide, then square up and look each other in the face. Wilson absolutely starts throwing too early, I would prefer seeing both players drop gloves first, but at least they're both aware of one another. For better or worse, when Wilson throws the gloves and engages at least Miller gets his stick out there, he's clearly capable of putting up some manner of defense.

Marchand has his gloves off and is reaching for Eller's head before he's even in front of him. He's got Eller's helmet off and is throwing blows at the head before Eller is capable of defending himself at all.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
He gets the jump on him and starts throwing before Miller even gets his gloves off. I'd say it's pretty similar to be honest. The only difference is Miller starts to take over when Wilson is no longer at an advantage.

Yet doesn’t land one punch.

Anyway, one franchise has a chance at the Cup the other has a chance to make the playoffs.

Enjoy your one line team.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Ok so 81 games left for the Bruins this year..... 3 pages the day after Marchand's first game..... divide by remainder...... carry the 2...... account for possible suspensions......

1WMrFjv
iu

Looks like we are in for no less than 37 more threads analyzing Marchand's actions this year, of which the average page count will be 19 before the thread moves off the front page, 16% will be closed prior to reaching the 10th page and 88% of the content in the threads will reference either licking or the size of his nose while contributing no original content what so ever to the topic.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Well Eller obviously isn't a tough guy. This was Hus first fight.
ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

he might have had a chance to have a long storied career with a ring and no fights, but he decided to chirp at a team up a touchdown. if I am not surprised that this would ellicit a reaction, I can't imagine lars saying he didn't know he couldnt show guys up late in a blowout settled game.

there are lots of guys are " not fighters" that end up going.

Reactions: Riptide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->