Brad Marchand 4 SHG no PP points

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
not weird at all...March plays on the top PK unit with Bergeron and is not on either the first or second PP unit...he has seen some PP time but only one or two shifts

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Reasonably weird that a team's leading scorer isn't on either primary power play unit (I haven't verified this).

I wonder how often that happens.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins have two completely set PP units, and both have had success, so there's no need to change anything up. Marchand filled in for Eriksson when he went down though.

Bergeron-Marchand on the PK is an incredible combination. They generate so many opportunities in quick transition.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Marchand does so well on the PK that I think they like to save him for that and just don't bother putting him out on the PP.

ssh

May 22, 2008
Reasonably weird that a team's leading scorer isn't on either primary power play unit (I haven't verified this).

I wonder how often that happens.
Rarely if ever.

Closest would probably be Alex Burrows who in 08-09 was 2nd in goals (three behind Daniel Sedin), 1st in ESG. Played on the first line but no PPP.

In 89-90 Mike McPhee was on pace for 2nd in ESG and close to 2nd in total goals, no PPP.

Bob Errey played on the first line with Lemieux and Brown for a while with no PP time. Pascal Dupuis has had a couple of good goal scoring seasons playing with Crosby but with one or two PPP.
The rest of forwards with a decent amount of goals but no PPP are mostly 3rd-liners on deep teams and a few defensive 2nd-liners.

I may have overlooked someone though.

Last edited:

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Michael Grabner was close in 2010-11. He had less than a minute of PPTOI/G, scored only 2 PPG, and led the Islanders in goals with 34.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad