Confirmed with Link: Bracken Kearns on try-out with the Bruins

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would have rather hoped for someone like Zenon Konopka - he's not a great fighter, but will go. Probably better than Soupy. He's pretty good at the FO dot, too.

I do think he's got a 20 game suspension for substance abuse, though.

He does,but at league minimum after the season starts Zenon would be a nice addition. Well above average on face offs and can kill penalties.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Classic

Never heard of this guy but I`ll wager because he`s not named Leino or Gagne, it won`t garner 7-10 pages of opinions in a thread with concern about Chia grasping at straws for talent.......especially as we see a team like the Leafs inviting a potential all-star in Tallinder to camp:amazed:

skating well is over rated anyway in this game:sarcasm:

You are literally incapable of posting without sarcasm. I don't know anything about this guy, so I know I don't have any opinions, let alone strong ones.

member 96824

Leino-Kearns-Gagne.... The Minimum wage line.

8651340_600x338.jpg

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He does,but at league minimum after the season starts Zenon would be a nice addition. Well above average on face offs and can kill penalties.

And he has a beloved pet bunny named Hoppy Konopka.

tumblr_mh06gxtj9p1qm6joao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwjucpSYJF1qm6joao1_500.jpg

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Tallinder is a Dman....... unless we are definitely trading Boychuk not sure how adding him into the mix at Camp wouldn't add to our problems.

It would make the Black and Gold scrimmage even more interesting....

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I've seen quite a bit of Kearns in Worcester over the last couple of years. He is what he is: big body, goes into the corners well, stands in front of the net effectively, both on the PP and ES, good leader at the AHL level, and will always step in for teammates or to try and give the team a lift. He's more of a "power forward" type player, but a PF-lite, for the AHL.

I think he would be a good addition to Providence if he were signed to a 2-way deal, and could easily be the captain of the PBs next season. He is good as an emergency fill in at the NHL level but hopefully he wouldn't be needed for that. He's a good AHL veteran, and every AHL team needs a couple of those guys. I would not mind seeing him in Providence this year.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Gilbert Brule would have been a better invite. He would be a somewhat solid 4th line RW for us. Maybe he can turn it around, former 5th overall pick of the 06 draft.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
I don't get how people can think a NO-RISK move like this is ever a bad thing!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Gilbert Brule would have been a better invite. He would be a somewhat solid 4th line RW for us. Maybe he can turn it around, former 5th overall pick of the 06 draft.

and from what i heard a pretty good friend of lucic... sometimes it goes along ways when you are nice to a guys friend.

some players put a premium on sticking around where their friends are

brule had personal problems... issues with his father from what i am able to understand reguarding his interview in vancouver last year where he came clean about all his struggles and why he thought he was ready for a comeback

i guess he didnt have time to fully get in shape last year... came close to making phoenix i think it was but didnt manage...

i think this is a bit like the paul ranger situation where he took time off from the game and then came back at far less than he was. theres been other players over the years who took time off for personal issues. some come back like dominic moore and do fine... or lemieux from his cancer... roberts from his broken neck...

it is possible

if i was running the bruins i would definitely be willing to give brule a training camp invite and see what he manages to do because they guy has always had tons of talent and it was really just his focus/mental part of the process that kept him from being consistient enough to keep the coaches happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad