Confirmed with Link: Bracken Kearns on try-out with the Bruins

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
SJ never really gave him a real shot in the big leagues, he made his debut around 30, played for U of Calgary (my hometown DINOS) back in the day, career AHLer... big body, seems like a bruin to me

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Release the Bracken!

He's actually a decent 4th liner/depth guy, can't skate too well, but stick him in front of the net or in the corners and he can do work.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Release the Bracken!

He's actually a decent 4th liner/depth guy, can't skate too well, but stick him in front of the net or in the corners and he can do work.

Sounds like he would be a perfect fit for this team.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

THE Bracken Kearns??

:dunno:

Classic

Never heard of this guy but I`ll wager because he`s not named Leino or Gagne, it won`t garner 7-10 pages of opinions in a thread with concern about Chia grasping at straws for talent.......especially as we see a team like the Leafs inviting a potential all-star in Tallinder to camp:amazed:

Rhoshambeau

May 21, 2010
Northern Connecticut
He's no NHL player.

Maybe not but he does love his cat

tumblr_m2dpcvpeII1qm6joao1_500.jpg

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I would have rather hoped for someone like Zenon Konopka - he's not a great fighter, but will go. Probably better than Soupy. He's pretty good at the FO dot, too.

I do think he's got a 20 game suspension for substance abuse, though.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Classic

Never heard of this guy but I`ll wager because he`s not named Leino or Gagne, it won`t garner 7-10 pages of opinions in a thread with concern about Chia grasping at straws for talent.......especially as we see a team like the Leafs inviting a potential all-star in Tallinder to camp:amazed:

Tallinder is a Dman....... unless we are definitely trading Boychuk not sure how adding him into the mix at Camp wouldn't add to our problems.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
AHL All Star and scored his first NHL goal last season which I happened to see on the dish against the Ducks when it happened. He'll be a good signing for Providence, but I imagine the fact that he's 33 and should be Captain material down here will cause much angst amongst the "I don't care if Providence goes 5-71, everyone over 24 should be healthy scratches" crowd.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
AHL All Star and scored his first NHL goal last season which I happened to see on the dish against the Ducks when it happened. He'll be a good signing for Providence, but I imagine the fact that he's 33 and should be Captain material down here will cause much angst amongst the "I don't care if Providence goes 5-71, everyone over 24 should be healthy scratches" crowd.

There's always a place for a leadership guy with young AHL teams, but when you have multiple guys that are in their mid-late 20's taking valuable development time away from the 20-22 year olds that truly need it, then it is an issue. Not saying that's an issue specifically with PRO, just sayin'.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I went to a lot of Worcester games the past couple years and I really like Kearns, much better choice for this team than Leino. Not a great skater as mentioned but smart and tough with a good shot. Would be great depth in Providence or 13th forward in Boston. *(As long as Robins is 12th forward)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->