Bracco - PPG in the A @ 21 YO

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
PPG in the AHL is nice.

Garret Sparks won goalie of the year. How's that working out?

Garret Sparks is actually a pretty damn good goalie who would be putting up pretty solid numbers if you give him regular starts and not 2nd games of B2B with the team playing like ass. It's hard to be a great goalie 1st/2nd year into the league when you get spot starts and shelled because your team doesn't bother to show up half the times.

I swear, sometimes I come to the Leafs board and forget whether we're in 2019 or 2010. Some people are so f***ing miserable no one can help them (and the other bunch are trolls who have no lives and come here just to spew their stupidity).

Bracco is doing absolutely outstanding in the AHL. No one is saying he comes up to the NHL and becomes a PPG guy. All we need this kid to do is be a good complimentary player while playing on a dirt cheap contract. If this kid comes up and starts feeding Auston Matthews tap-ins once every week, that's a pretty major win for us. Leafs fans (the real ones anyway) should be happy about that.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Keefe has done a sensational job developing this kid's skillset.
not only Bracco, but in general. Marlies are probably the best farm team in the league. They keep pumping out players, and keep winning. Keefe is extremely good at what he does.

As for Bracco specifically, his vision and passing are unreal. Fantastic agility too, and a good shot. I wish he was a little bit bigger and faster, but he'll still be a good depth player I bet. his overall game has also improved

PPG in the AHL is nice.

Garret Sparks won goalie of the year. How's that working out?
Sparks is contributing in the nhl, which is more than you can say for most 7th round picks. What about Dermott, Moore, Kapanen, Brown, Hyman, Nylander, Johnsson, Gauthier?

Reactions: GermanLeaf and IPS

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I haven't seen much of him in the last few months but in seeing him live at a half dozen Marlies games his skating just isn't NHL calibre for him to be effective offensively outside of the PP.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Garret Sparks is actually a pretty damn good goalie who would be putting up pretty solid numbers if you give him regular starts and not 2nd games of B2B with the team playing like ass. It's hard to be a great goalie 1st/2nd year into the league when you get spot starts and shelled because your team doesn't bother to show up half the times.

I swear, sometimes I come to the Leafs board and forget whether we're in 2019 or 2010. Some people are so ****ing miserable no one can help them (and the other bunch are trolls who have no lives and come here just to spew their stupidity).

Bracco is doing absolutely outstanding in the AHL. No one is saying he comes up to the NHL and becomes a PPG guy. All we need this kid to do is be a good complimentary player while playing on a dirt cheap contract. If this kid comes up and starts feeding Auston Matthews tap-ins once every week, that's a pretty major win for us. Leafs fans (the real ones anyway) should be happy about that.

Projecting Bracco to 60 points in the NHL because of one good year is pretty dumb. 60 points in the NHL teams will be lining up to get players like that.

Sparks had a few great years. But even the best projections He'll be a quality backup fringe starter. A la James Reimer.

I like Sparks but projecting NHL success off of AHL success is very dangerous.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Like I have said before Bracco either is a top 6 RW in NHL or he busts. It will depend on his continued work ethic to improve his leg strength so he can play and up/down game in NHL. He is already at NHL level in half ice game because his lateral skating/edge work is very good. But until he can play an up/down game and keep up he won't make it.

Gardiner

#Shredder
Dec 6, 2011
O dog just said he's getting to TJ Brennans level. Is this accurate or does he not know anything yet again?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Keefe has done a sensational job developing this kid's skillset.

It's a shame he doesn't get the hype that Dallas "Only Use AHL Vets" Eakins got for us.

If an NHL team doesn't hire Keefe as their coach this summer, they are all wrong.

Edit: Just looked at the Gulls roster, because Eakins has gotten some praise again recently. Only 10 players on their roster are 24 or younger. Sam Steel and Jacob Larsson among them who should arguably be in the NHL right now. Eakins just benefits from having an older AHL team with a couple good young players so much.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
O dog just said he's getting to TJ Brennans level. Is this accurate or does he not know anything yet again?

Comparing a 20-21 year old offensive winger in the AHL to a 26-27 year old (at the time) offensive d-man in the AHL.

So, you tell me.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Haven't read a lick of this thread. I like the kid a lot. We need a steady stream of this talent level coming up to support the large contract players we have.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Right winger.

Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Moore (RW/LW), Bracco

Is he a fit for the 4th. line?

If Ennis can perform well on the 4th. line, maybe Bracco could be tried there next year?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Right winger.

Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Moore (RW/LW), Bracco

Is he a fit for the 4th. line?

If Ennis can perform well on the 4th. line, maybe Bracco could be tried there next year?

Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown, heck, Nylander and Marner all started or spent time on the fourth line in their first season or two.

Bracco will be the same.

Reactions: Menzinger

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
If Babcock refuses to put Nylander on his line, Bracco could be an interesting fit with Matthews with his playmaking skills.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
If Babcock refuses to put Nylander on his line, Bracco could be an interesting fit with Matthews with his playmaking skills.
If Babcock wanted Matthews to turn into Brett Hull, he would have put Matthews on the wing. The center is suppose to make plays. That's Matthews job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad