Bracco - PPG in the A @ 21 YO

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Has his skating improved?

No doubt he has a ton of skill.

According to his scouting report skating is a strength. Has great edges.

Apparently he has "no shoot" disease.

Ppg winger in the A at 21 YO is usually an exciting thing.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
36 points (7 goals 29 assists), 36 games played.

This guy projects to being a 50-60 point player as a depth scoring winger and can run the right half wall on the PP.

At some point we'll need to trade him or someone else because it's getting a little ridiculous at RW ie Nylander, Marner, Kappy, Bracco.
u mean like nylaNder ?

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
u mean like nylaNder ?

A Nylander move to center might make more sense if they think he can ever be trusted there as a 200 foot guy. That could break up some of the log jam at RW without having to move someone.

Also depends how much you like Kadri because moving Nylander to C definitely means you have to move Kadri.

Reactions: Kurtz

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It's encouraging. This is the first time he's actually put up production that gives hope for 2nd line type offensive upside.

Given his limited all around game, though, I think this might be better news in terms of increasing his trade value.

Reactions: Eb

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
34pts in his last 26 games, definitely encouraging. I think if he keeps it up he'll be someone we get calls on, and we have enough of what he brings that he makes nice trade bait if he's being given good value by other teams

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think he'll end up traded. his best asset is his work on the PP, and the Leafs will probably not need help in that area any time soon. It would be nice if I get proven wrong and he ends up a good player for us at 5v5 though

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
He will be super great value replacement for the lazy(I want my money and I want it now) Billy baby. Branco has some skill and a great work ethic.

Reactions: Faltorvo

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Watched him night in and night in Junior and he was always amazing. The one thing that always gets said about him is that he is slow and lazy and it has been said at every level. Yet every time he graduates to a harder level of hockey he seems to thrive.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
The Leafs development of prospects has been tremendous over the last few years. Despite all the graduations we continue to produce. Time to trade from a position of strength to upgrade a weakness. A good problem to have.

Reactions: hockeynorth

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Not bad!

I wouldn't call this amazing production though.. it's impressive but doesn't mean translation is 100%. He seems like a middle 6 forward with PP upside

Reactions: ULF_55

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He will play in the NHL next year for us as we will be losing players as a result of cap issues. He is highly skilled and will produce at the NHL level playing with skilled players.
I dont know why people think his game might not translate, when he and Marner's games are similar.
I like the arrogance "think he will end making money in Europe", maybe its the same person that defended Nonis and Burke and thought they were doing a good job.

Reactions: diceman934

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->