Boycotting this franchise

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
The saddest thing about this franchise is by the time they are a competitive team in this league, they'll be in BK, not on the Island where their devoted fan base is. I'll have to face the fact that when this team is winning games, the crowd will be made up of Brooklynite hipsters and bandwagoners. :(

The reality is that so long as Wang owns the team they will never be competitive, ever. In Brooklyn they will be the same crappy team playing in front of the same 8,000 people in an arena not constructed for their sport. It's called lipstick on pig.

Do yourself a favor and start coming to grips with that because that's the reality of the situation.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
there arent many things in life i have an unconditional love for, but the islanders are one of them. i dont think its fair to give the "fairweather fan" label to anyone on this website, theres only so much a human can take, and its understandable in many respects. In the near 20 years of following this team--through all the losing, all the bad seasons, and the horrible trades-- i dont think ive ever been this fed up with this team.

I think one of the most--if not the most-- annoying things about this team is the fact that they are seriously underachieving. We saw glimpses last season, and i felt that this team finally turned the corner. all the fruits of lousy seasons were starting to bare, and i could have sworn that we were destined to become another Pittsburg, or Chicago. I still think that we will eventually get there, but not unless we get a coach to get these guys to play as a team every night.

Out of all the holes this team has, i think coaching is by far the biggest. I always felt last seasons success was inspite of cappy, and not because of him

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The reality is that so long as Wang owns the team they will never be competitive, ever. In Brooklyn they will be the same crappy team playing in front of the same 8,000 people in an arena not constructed for their sport. It's called lipstick on pig.

Do yourself a favor and start coming to grips with that because that's the reality of the situation.

You mean this is the hockey team I grew up admiring and supporting....
lipstick-on-pig.png

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I know theres better days ahead. When Wang is a distant memory.... in the meantime i'd like to preserve some sense of hope, Even if we see them advance in the playoffs at least once while Wang is around i'd be content.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Boycotting just makes you a fair weather fan really...

Not wearing any Islanders stuff, not going to any games, not watching, or supporting...that's not the way it's done. You're either a fan all the time or you're not a real fan, regardless of the organization being a circus for 20 years.

Personally I think when the fans showed up at the end of last year and started cheering the players, that was a great moment for them and us. I'd think many of the players get down because there is virtually no support from the fans. The coliseum is like a morgue constantly. It must be depressing for them and it would only make me not want to play for an organization with no fans.

So you endorse how the team's been run fully......great. Change will never happen to a business when people continue buying their goods. I love your logic.

Do you deny the Detroit change, when fans stopped going altogether and the team transformed itself from the Dead Wings to the Red Wings {after stealing our ace Jimmy D} because Ilitch DID NOT WANT AN EMPTY ARENA?

Why would Wang change anything if he has rabid fans who don't care if we win or not shelling out top dollar to see drek? "Battered Fan Syndrome" {Wang loves me....I know it!}

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
I agree completely with this and for the people saying it doesn't make you a fair weather fan, you're delusional. Some of you so call fans will be back when they start winning games, which makes you a fair weather fan.

How's your Pinto? Parked next to the Grenada?

Ford changed their AWFUL products because they were not selling.

And you're crying that you love ford so we should buy these pieces of sh**? If we BOUGHT them....because we feared those millionaires on Ford's board might go hungry or angry.....we keep the AWFUL cars alive.....and no change happens.

If we STOP....Ford either changes or dies. Nature commands it.

So do you want change? I'd rather be fairweather than a complete, lost, devoid of rational thought obsessed stalker fan.

When you have money, and someone wants it.....the first question should always be, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO FOR ME? HOW IS MY GIVING YOU MY MONEY GOING TO HELP ME ONE BIT?

So why should someone spend their money on a team not interested in getting a good GM for to decades, hiring hack coaches, etc.????

The posts like above only lead to one answer......to prove their undying love.:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad