Injury Report: Boychuk done for season (surgery in off-season)

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I doubt his body holds up for the last 4 years on his deal. His minutes need to be reduced going forward. His body isn't going to hold up playing 22 minutes a night. He needs to play 60 games and 18 minutes a night. Isles really need a top pairing D.

Reactions: seafoam and Hunn

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I doubt his body holds up for the last 4 years on his deal. His minutes need to be reduced going forward. His body isn't going to hold up playing 22 minutes a night. He needs to play 60 games and 18 minutes a night. Isles really need a top pairing D.
The same with Leddy: both are serviceable 2nd pair defensemen, but asked to do too much. Leddy is an OD, hence his +/-. Boychuk is much more physical, hence his injuries. All's on Snow.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If you could get the Boychuk, Ladd, Cizikas, and Clutterbuck deals off the books now, I'd be ok filling in all their spots with a cloned Tanner Fritz.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Is surgery confirmed? Title implies it, article says maybe.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The guy who gave our blueline some swagger. Just to have Snow and Weight take it all away with their foolishness.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If you could get the Boychuk, Ladd, Cizikas, and Clutterbuck deals off the books now, I'd be ok filling in all their spots with a cloned Tanner Fritz.

Personally I have never thought the Boychuk contract was that bad. I was thrilled he re signed with us . The team needed him and everything he brought as a player. Injuries aside of course
As for the Ladd Cizikas Clutterbuck line . Just yuk no matter how you look at the contracts

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Considering how long we've been out of it, why didn't they elect to have the surgery earlier? Why risk further damage?
If he missed games that would have made the Isles more likely to lose. Losing would make us more likely to win the lottery. If we win the lottery, we'd draft Dahlin. Dahlin is a defenseman who would cut into Boychuk's ice time. So, that's why.

Reactions: Instant

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If he missed games that would have made the Isles more likely to lose. Losing would make us more likely to win the lottery. If we win the lottery, we'd draft Dahlin. Dahlin is a defenseman who would cut into Boychuk's ice time. So, that's why.
Other than us losing more without Boychuk in the lineup, which is true, there is nothing else that makes sense in your post.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Personally I have never thought the Boychuk contract was that bad. I was thrilled he re signed with us . The team needed him and everything he brought as a player. Injuries aside of course
As for the Ladd Cizikas Clutterbuck line . Just yuk no matter how you look at the contracts

I agree with Boychuk, but really it was obvious the contract was going to be a bit of an albatross towards the end. That said, the rest of the contracts are anywhere from stupid to horrible.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I agree with Boychuk, but really it was obvious the contract was going to be a bit of an albatross towards the end. That said, the rest of the contracts are anywhere from stupid to horrible.

We've got 5 more years of
LW Andrew Laddbatross - C Casey Cizikbatross and RW Calbatross Clutttheheckwassnowthinkingerbuck

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad