OT: Boxing/MMA Discussion

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If people want to root for somebody for the fight tonight in Boston, my buddy Calvin Kattar will be fighting out of Methuen/Boston.

He has his hands full but I said that last time and he destroyed Fili.

Who is he facing?

Who are people rooting for tonight? Stipe or Ngannou? I hope Miocic wins. Really like him.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Who is he facing?

Who are people rooting for tonight? Stipe or Ngannou? I hope Miocic wins. Really like him.

They're both really likable guys but I feel like the UFC is giving Miocic the cold shoulder in terms of recognition since Ngannou has shown he's a legit contender. Ideally I'd like to see DC and Stipe retain their belts and a Kattar win but Burgos is a beast.

Reactions: LSCII

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
They're both really likable guys but I feel like the UFC is giving Miocic the cold shoulder in terms of recognition since Ngannou has shown he's a legit contender. Ideally I'd like to see DC and Stipe retain their belts and a Kattar win but Burgos is a beast.

Yea, Burgos is very well rounded and this will only be Kattar's 2nd time fighting in the UFC. If I still gambled, I would put a good chunk of money on Burgos.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Any love for the Bellator event tonight? Some decent fights on that card, and it's free on the Paramount network. Really love to see Sonnen win over Rampage despite the clear size disadvantage. He's a jerk, but the guy is hilarious to me. I could listen to his podcast for hours.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Any love for the Bellator event tonight? Some decent fights on that card, and it's free on the Paramount network. Really love to see Sonnen win over Rampage despite the clear size disadvantage. He's a jerk, but the guy is hilarious to me. I could listen to his podcast for hours.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Rory Macdonald can get that Welterweight belt. I think both he and Lima would be top 5 in the UFC. Sonnen is hilarious. Can Rampage last more than a round at that weight though? He's carrying a lot of mass!

I'm pulling for Stipe but I fear a vicious Ngannou KO. And I think DC takes care of business.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
If people want to root for somebody for the fight tonight in Boston, my buddy Calvin Kattar will be fighting out of Methuen/Boston.

He has his hands full but I said that last time and he destroyed Fili.

Good luck to him! I think there are a couple other Boston guys on the card. Not sure which.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm looking forward to seeing if Rory Macdonald can get that Welterweight belt. I think both he and Lima would be top 5 in the UFC. Sonnen is hilarious. Can Rampage last more than a round at that weight though? He's carrying a lot of mass!

I'm pulling for Stipe but I fear a vicious Ngannou KO. And I think DC takes care of business.

Stipe is better all around, but Ngannou has that scary KO power. Hopfully Stipe wins, but he's clearly the underdog. Rampage didn't look overly fat, but is definitely huge compared to Chael. Would love to see McDonald win, just because. Always liked him.

Reactions: xStanleyCupsFor

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Couple good fights today all over the place. My picks for a few matchups:

Daniel Cormier
Chael Sonnen (Bellator)
Francis Ngannou
Robert Easter (boxing)

I’ve got all these parlayed with the Pats tomorrow in different groups. Also got some $ on the main event going over 2 rounds. Think it’ll be a feel out fight for a few minutes.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Kattar's win was elating, was really psyched as someone who grew up in the Methuen/Lawrence area. Managing to pull off the KO upset in Boston was pretty damn bad ass. Glad Cormier and Miocic won, still feel like neither of them gets the respect they deserve for whatever reason. Font, also a MA resident, had a great KO as well.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
GGG Vs Canelo 2 is on tonight. However the fight everyone around my parts is talking about is the main fight on the undercard Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan Vs David Lemieux. Spike lives a couple of Kms away from me and a win against Lemieux tonight will propel him into no.1 contender territory with a fight against the winner of GGG/Canelo likely.

I'm not a huge boxing fan but there hasn't been many notable boxers from around my parts so everyone is getting behind Spike. He is a big puncher and an exciting fighter. This is also very much make or break for him so he will be laying it all on the line. Has all the ingredients to be a great fight so anyone tuning in for the main event, make sure and tune in that bit earlier and cheer on my boy Spike.

DouglasOSullivan_Hoganphotos2-770x542.jpg

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Personally I'm not a mustache fan, but I can recognize greatness when I see it....

My Uber German Prickly mustache has nothing on this man's.

I didn't buy the first Canelo/Golovkin fight and I won't be buying this one. Reading about GGG though, i'd love to see him get the win this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad