Confirmed with Link: Bowness fired, Lauer's contract not renewed

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't really think firing Bowness will do anything, it's not really his fault one of the most stacked defenses didn't play up to par. Hedman not being able to make 2 foot passes, non-existent transition and losing battles in front of the net are player faults, can't really blame the coach who just sits there and chews gum. We should be holding the players more accountable.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why doesn't he fire Kucherov? He will want big bucks and he didn;t show up when he was asposed too!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Mike Kitchen: defense replacement
Paul MacLean: offense replacement (another Duck PP guy, I know, but they were ranked 1st and 17th in his two years there, and he's got a Jack Adams)

this also opens up a few possibilities for a new head coach, should the situation require. Kitchen is a fixture with Quenneville and Paul MacLean's son coaches with Sheldon Keefe.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This should hopefully change our PK and defensive zone structure. We need a tactition for our entries and breakout too.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
giphy.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Or one could say...rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Cooper has next year to get it done.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Our PK was garbage...we would slowly collapse into this tiny box. Awful. Trash. Good riddance. Cooper you are up next.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I don't really think firing Bowness will do anything, it's not really his fault one of the most stacked defenses didn't play up to par. Hedman not being able to make 2 foot passes, non-existent transition and losing battles in front of the net are player faults, can't really blame the coach who just sits there and chews gum. We should be holding the players more accountable.

I think it’s exactly his fault if a stacked defense couldn’t pull it together.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I remember reading that he was the Ducks' PP guy when he was hired by the Bolts... Don't know what he did here though.

Edit:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I remember reading that he was the Ducks' PP guy when he was hired by the Bolts... Don't know what he did here though.

Edit:

He may have done the PP before Richards came in. Richards has done a great job with the PP. Normally when it starts to stagnate, it's execution issues rather than system (admittedly having two one-time threats on each wing makes for a difficult PP to defend). Entries are a million times better than what they used to be.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Joe Smith wondered on twitter if Benoit Groulx might be a possibility as a replacement for Bowness. Thinks he's got the makings of an NHL head coach someday. Thoughts from those of you that follow Syracuse closely??

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think it’s exactly his fault if a stacked defense couldn’t pull it together.

You think coaches are supposed to manage players and systems? Nah they just stand behind the bench and look pretty.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Lauer was responsble for all facets. Look, it’s not that bowness is responsible for this season, or that the players get a pass, but good riddance to systems that weren’t working. Very frustrating watching aggressive PKs give our players nanoseconds to make a puck decision, while our PK allowed point shots as a principle. relying on shotblocking is relying on luck, imho.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We're not sure if Bowness was in charge of the PK, but it's been kind of assumed. That's one place where the problem looked clearly structure-based.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->