Tribute Bowman

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Not really a tribute but nothing else fit.

ive wanted Bowman fired since the 2009 QO fiasco forced Tallon’s “the buck stops here” speech and eventual firing.
Have to admit though that the remake on the fly (to me) has been great.
Lots of known talent brought in and lots of competition among the unknowns.
I’m expecting a pretty good season coming up.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i think he put himself in a bad position in the past few years and what hes doing this offseason is the best route he can take. im glad hes doing it.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Bowman needed to make one move that has hurt this organization in the last few years...COACHING !!!. This is the most important move the GM has not addressed.JC is just not good enough at the NHL level

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Last season screwed up the rebuild notion. I also think it convinced Kane (and Toews) that we actually had something to cook with regarding our young guys.

Team tried to tank last year, there is no other way to put it. It failed, for a number of debatable reasons, but it did ultimately fail.

Thus, the team decided to reverse course and go for it in the last 2 years of Toews and Kanes contracts (and probable "primes").

There is nothing stopping us blowing it up in 2 years as we still have very little commitment at that time. I'm going to really enjoy these two upcoming years though, regardless of the outcome.

LFG Hawks!

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Last season screwed up the rebuild notion. I also think it convinced Kane (and Toews) that we actually had something to cook with regarding our young guys.

Team tried to tank last year, there is no other way to put it. It failed, for a number of debatable reasons, but it did ultimately fail.

Thus, the team decided to reverse course and go for it in the last 2 years of Toews and Kanes contracts (and probable "primes").

There is nothing stopping us blowing it up in 2 years as we still have very little commitment at that time. I'm going to really enjoy these two upcoming years though, regardless of the outcome.

LFG Hawks!

Great summary.

While Chicago is not a true contender, they clearly have some chance of making the playoffs and going on a run. Which is more than they were before.

They can always go scorched earth in a couple of years.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

LFG Hawks!

I honestly think that is what he is doing. Giving them one last swing at the fence. If that is the case, then I am fine with it as long we can restart in a couple years. We will have to either way....win or fail. Just have 7 years of Seth to ride into the sunset.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Stan gets a lot of crap on this board and navigating player personnel, contracts, cap, draft.....man, that's got to be a tough job----frickin' Tallon didn't have the brains for it all.....I like his "open minded", creative thinking thus far----hoping his vision all works out.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->