Bowman Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
pkwjr said:
Just on Detroit radio and his final words were, " Look for the NHL to start next Saturday".

Just wanted to get tht out ASAP. Scotty has a weekly chat with this station on Thursday and talks hockey, sports, etc. He said he thinks the players have seen the light and now things could get worse if they do not play this season. He said he has talked with people on both sides and they are now working together instead of bargaining in the media.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
pkwjr said:
Just wanted to get tht out ASAP. Scotty has a weekly chat with this station on Thursday and talks hockey, sports, etc. He said he thinks the players have seen the light and now things could get worse if they do not play this season. He said he has talked with people on both sides and they are now working together instead of bargaining in the media.

Scotty Bowman is a very knowledgeable man. My Grandma asctually knew him quite well in school...no...not like that guys...seriously...stop laughing...

Scotty is one person that every hockey person should listen to.

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
Son of Steinbrenner said:
but bowman is making a guess just like us. i hope what he says its true but it seems to me he is out of the loop.
Do you realize the respect Scotty has from both players and management? He is never out of the loop.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
pkwjr said:
Do you realize the respect Scotty has from both players and management? He is never out of the loop.
he has respect of the players, owners, and fans but the fact remains he isn't involved in this. I like what he has to say and pray its true but scotty bowmen doesn't know whats going on in the room.

Vic Rattlehead*

Won't happen.

No way there will be hockey this season. Neither side will budge.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Jim Devellano was on the FAN590 last night.

He said that at this point, hopefully they can save next year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Next Saturday? There are many teams in the NHL that have half filled rosters. If an agreement is reached by the weekend, I am not sure how teams sign enough players to fill the roster much less have any kind of a team by next saturday.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Impossible . . . the estimates that I have seen call for at minimum eighteen days between the time an agreement is signed and the start of hockey.

Crows*

Jaded-Fan said:
Impossible . . . the estimates that I have seen call for at minimum eighteen days between the time an agreement is signed and the start of hockey.

Dave Nonis was on the team yesterday and he said the 18 days is bogus. He said they could start training camp in less than a week.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Jaded-Fan said:

I heard 14. But the fact remains let's get us a deal first then worry about how long till the season starts. I would be happy if we had hockey by Valentines Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->