"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
tenor.gif

For you? Anything.

Reactions: RayP

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I mean we all know it is your pinnacle. Average at best. Meh here is a few more loonies for you to buy yourself a clue.

If it were a handful of people for each side sure but it is literally you and no one else. Hell you don't even have any analysts that agree with your bad take. Sorry but it is just a brutal take. You are only compounding your stupidity by doubling down when the facts don't support anything you are saying.

The team is bad this year and last year but you would be naive to not realize that the team was not going to be that good this season. If they thought they were going to compete now they would have spent...they didn't. This is common sense. The team has aged. We witnessed almost a decade of dominance, a decade. Our stars on D have aged and are no longer able to carry the workloads they used to. Keith is no longer a Norris caliber D. Hammer regressed hard and was traded. Seabrook can barely skate (we all agree this is a brutal deal). So the team did the right thing and started the rebuild process. Traded away salaries that had value and started to rebuild from our D core out. Now we are loaded with top end D prospects and have unloaded the deals that would have been issues (Hossa). They will have cap to spend on a high end FA next summer and will have a top pick in a draft that is loaded at forward. As long as Kane and Toews can still play well this team is in a really good position going forward. This would make it a two-year rebuild with next year being the first year where we can expect something.

This is our potential roster next season.

20-19-12
72-17-88
Top 3 pick-64-95
40-EB-11

2-28
42-AB
5-IM

CD

This is a team that can make the playoffs.

None of this is an excuse for Bowman. He has made his mistakes but if you look at our pipeline and the cap space we have coming up it is really hard to deny that the team is not going to be good again.

I am not gonna join you in the childish talk just grow up already.

You say the team would have spent if they thought this team was good this year. Spent what exactly? There is 3.5M cap space after bonuses paid out, it’s not like they have 10M cap space remaining. I know you wanna push the agenda that this is a master plan of Stan to start the rebuild and let the team suck but that’s pure imagination. He and the management panicked and fired Q after losing 5 games to try to save the season, it wasn’t to make the team worse and sink to the bottom to get a top pick. This is what I am saying, the apologist white knights will make up anything to make their hero Stan the man look good....

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

You say the team would have spent if they thought this team was good this year. Spent what exactly? There is 3.5M cap space after bonuses paid out, it’s not like they have 10M cap space remaining. I know you wanna push the agenda that this is a master plan of Stan to start the rebuild and let the team suck but that’s pure imagination. He and the management panicked and fired Q after losing 5 games to try to save the season, it wasn’t to make the team worse and sink to the bottom to get a top pick. This is what I am saying, the apologist white knights will make up anything to make their hero Stan the man look good....

They had 10m and 6 of it went to place holders.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Who regards Stan as a hero?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What is your excuse for Quick in 2015? Crow took the team to game 7 OT in 2014 plus that the cups you seemed to forget about in 2013 and 2015 where he played great.

Here are some facts.

NHL.com - Stats

Game over.

Let's not discuss the brutality of the Hawks goaltending against Coyotes back in 2012. Crawford was brutally bad in that first round embarrassment... and we've already discussed Darling bailing him out against Predators. That year was a perfect example of hot and cold Corey.

You see, I can cherry pick as well.

In many ways Crawford reminds me of another goaltender who wasn't fortunate enough to play for a legit contender, Jimmy Howard. He too is never mentioned as a top netminder but he's still around and pretty good when he is hot....but overall, well average.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Let's not discuss the brutality of the Hawks goaltending against Coyotes back in 2012. Crawford was brutally bad in that first round embarrassment... and we've already discussed Darling bailing him out against Predators. That year was a perfect example of hot and cold Corey.

In many ways Crawford reminds me of another goaltender who wasn't fortunate enough to play for a legit contender, Jimmy Howard. He too is never mentioned as a top netminder but he's still around and pretty good when he is hot....but overall, well average.
In many ways, Crawford reminds me of Carey Price and Jonathon Quick. Goalies when they are on, that can just completely take over a game and give you a goalie win. But when they are cold they let in softies like most goalies do. Crawford has been far better than Howard because he has been far more consistent.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Crow was bad against AZ. Go back and read the series threads and you will see I was critical there. The issue is that Crow has been really good since. You don’t have to cherry pick to prove this.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Crow was bad against AZ. Go back and read the series threads and you will see I was critical there. The issue is that Crow has been really good since. You don’t have to cherry pick to prove this.

No kidding. I don't need to go back.... nor do I need to go back to his performance against Preds where he was bailed out.

Love the umbrella statement that he has been really good since.... done here.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No kidding. I don't need to go back.... nor do I need to go back to his performance against Preds where he was bailed out.

Where has he been bad since? Name a season? He was meh in the Kings series but our D did he no favors (Leddy/Rozi?).

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Where has he been bad since? Name a season? He was meh in the Kings series but our D did he no favors (Leddy/Rozi?).
Crawford was pretty bad in the Kings series. Seabrook was also awful that series, a sign of things to come for him.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I love how you are "done here" every time you get yourself into an argument you are clearly on the wrong side of. Why don't you answer this?

What goalies would you consider "really good" from...say.....2012-2013 through 2017-2018?

Reactions: BK

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I love how you are "done here" every time you get yourself into an argument you are clearly on the wrong side of. Why don't you answer this?

What goalies would you consider "really good" from...say.....2012-2013 through 2017-2018?

Others answered it for me. We're never going to agree on Crawford. I know some of you folks love to argue like schoolkids on the playground.

If you and others don't see his inconsistencies especially in the playoffs there's not much else to say.

Reactions: Blackhawks

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Others answered it for me. We're never going to agree on Crawford. I know some of you folks love to argue like schoolkids on the playground.

If you and others don't see his inconsistencies especially in the playoffs there's not much else to say.

Huh? It's a pretty simple question. I'll settle for 3 or 4 goalies.

You do realize every goalie in the NHL has inconsistencies, right?

I'm not sure why I'm arguing with someone who still thinks Darling is a good goalie...but whatever.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Huh? It's a pretty simple question. I'll settle for 3 or 4 goalies.

You do realize every goalie in the NHL has inconsistencies, right?

I'm not sure why I'm arguing with someone who still thinks Darling is a good goalie...but whatever.

price lundqvist bishop rask smith bobrovski luongo quick holtby fluery rinne all good maybe dubnyk gibson ....dont know what the argument is but just thought i would chime in

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
my problem is in the NOW...... i look at the goalie subject and i will paint it, with the Bhawks, the goalie is a problem. is there some cracks starting to show ?? i say yes, with his age and injury history, it fly to say that he is vulnerable and we need to consider it. i know many will not acknowledge and with the fickleness of willing that SC, the team needs to really dig into that possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad