Bowman needs to be fired tonight

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I like Stan's drafting, especially the past two seasons, but he is horrible at everything else in the job description.
The following can stay
DeBrincat
Jokiharju
Saad

Strome and Perlini can stay too because they have more value to the Hawks than anyone else.

Don't let Bowman attempt to fix anymore. He can GTFO. Fire JC too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He should have been fired and GM brought in before he was allowed to fire our HOF coach and bring in his incompetent fool of a coach who got a extension right out of gate

Truly pathetic but this is Bowman hockey on display and we better get used to the Hawks bottoming out as Bowman runs things now

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He should have been fired and GM brought in before he was allowed to fire our HOF coach and bring in his incompetent fool of a coach who got a extension right out of gate

Truly pathetic but this is Bowman hockey on display and we better get used to the Hawks bottoming out as Bowman runs things now
@Blackhawkswincup , I don't disagree that Bowman is a problem, but Q was a problem too. Every coach has a shelf life, and Q was past his here. They needed a complete housecleaning this past offseason, and the fact that both were allowed to continue into this season is a disgrace. I don't like you putting all of the blame on Bowman, Q had plenty to do with this too.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
@Blackhawkswincup , I don't disagree that Bowman is a problem, but Q was a problem too. Every coach has a shelf life, and Q was past his here. They needed a complete housecleaning this past offseason, and the fact that both were allowed to continue into this season is a disgrace. I don't like you putting all of the blame on Bowman, Q had plenty to do with this too.

very true but i really thought that his firing was more for putting the whole blame on him, coach Q. that is how it felt to me.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
There’s no point, this seasons a write off. Lets see how next years roster shapes off. Not currently a fan of JC. So he can go soon as well.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
We should be discussing how to load up on more picks for this awesome scouting staff to use

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Who you mad at?

Kane gives up the puck almost every shift. Seabs stands around the net watching then just makes the usual routine plays when he can. Keith is trying hard but declining. Toews is trying hard but contained on the perimeter. The goalies are being turtles waiting to make the big save but not taking ownership of the game.

Meanwhile; Cat, Saad, Joker, Forsling seem to be buying in. Arty is holding serve, Hayden is Hayden, and guys like Kampf are trying to out perform their talent level.

Yet, I remember guys like Hossa and Hammer and Bolland and others who put in 100% every night before & after contract. Don't even get started on the 90's.

I don't care who is behind the bench, when the game gets soft, guys get huge contracts and those guys wait for others to hand them the opportunity you've got a serious problem beyond coaching/organization. We're just falling victim to it.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Who you mad at?

Kane gives up the puck almost every shift. Seabs stands around the net watching then just makes the usual routine plays when he can. Keith is trying hard but declining. Toews is trying hard but contained on the perimeter. The goalies are being turtles waiting to make the big save but not taking ownership of the game.

Meanwhile; Cat, Saad, Joker, Forsling seem to be buying in. Arty is holding serve, Hayden is Hayden, and guys like Kampf are trying to out perform their talent level.

Yet, I remember guys like Hossa and Hammer and Bolland and others who put in 100% every night before & after contract. Don't even get started on the 90's.

I don't care who is behind the bench, when the game gets soft, guys get huge contracts and those guys wait for others to hand them the opportunity you've got a serious problem beyond coaching/organization. We're just falling victim to it.

Dam. So true. All of it.

Reactions: G0AT

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Who you mad at?

Kane pisses me off so damn much. Top 5 talent in the league but he plays like he’s in beer league. I wouldn’t mind seeing what kind of value he might have. We might end up with armed robbery.

Seabs and Keith sacrificed everything they have and now are old and slow, I can give them a pass on that much at least.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Bowman is probably a great GM to have for this team going forward honestly. He seems to click well with his scouting staff. Did he f*** up with seabrook yes he sure did. I think he might be the best GM going forward though. I would at least like to see how Strome/perlini pan out before considering a move.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Bowman has done a very poor job managing this team.Poor free agent signings regarding fit for team ,amount of money and term giving to players signed in recent years ..I agree Quennville shelf life was over in Chicago.Bowman stresses that the game of hockey is changing.I agree the game is faster but its still called hockey not ice capades.Blackhawks are playing way too soft without being physical ,and tough and without passion and heart.The way they are playing has been embarrassing for all blackhawks fans .There has been no fight in this team.To be down mutiple goals in three consecutive games by end of first period is inexcusable.This losing culture doesn't bode well for the young players looking up to the veterans on this team .I don't buy it that the veterans on this team are washed up and done.This is where the coaching staff needs to manage the personal on the roster to their strengths and set line up accordingly.Manage the minutes of players .Improve special teams .Hawks have plenty of offensive talent to run a good powerplay.Penalty killing needs improving.Bring up a few young guns from Rockford and see if it injects some life and change to team play.

Reactions: Blackhawks and LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

your HOF coach shit the bed for 3 years......the right guy got canned, sorry you can't deal with it emotionally...if you need some assistance there are 1-800 #'s to help with coping and grieving..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It is not coaching ...it is about the desire to keep. Legends at a high cost past their prime ...about lack of inspiration from the core vets..about be honest depth of talent. ..and most of all about goaltending...

.862 save % does not win you many games..

Yes our ten defense and team offense both stilnk...but there is no confidence either that our goalies can stop the leaks...

Turn the .862 to..962 and you would see the confidence spread ...and our offense would be encouraged and invigorated by knowing they had a wall at their backs. .

Now it is like they EXPECT first few minutes to be behind 3-4 goals in first 3-10 minutes of every game..like they expect to climb a steep mountain ...becomes self-filling prophecy ..Expect to lose. .so why try hard ...just wasted energy for futility..So bad attitude creeps in and compete level drops

On the other hand ...Arizona now very confident behind their new star in net Adin Jill who has pjayed lije a Wall.. They feel like they can win now. And are consequently playing to win.

Goaltending is the great equalizer and 70% of winning..Our goalies cannot save the team for their lives. .and the team plays lije doom is coming every shift ..lost confidence in their own a bit ..now sunk to the inevitability of losing..and so it has become a surrender to their fate ..and the play /compete level. L has dropped to sporadic trickles ..

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I say give him a ****ing contract extension - we got rid of senile mustache man and the country club mentality...and are now this much closer to Hughes!!
You are half right, Q was no good, but lets get a real coach in here, Colliton ain’t worth it.

Reactions: vshun

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You are half right, Q was no good, but lets get a real coach in here, Colliton ain’t worth it.

How do you even know yet? The guy has barely had any practices with the team, let alone an off-season or training camp. We've got a core of guys that have played the same way over almost 10 years, probably should have had their tactics adjusted and adapted gradually over the last few years but didn't, and are now getting a crash course on the fly.

I thought Stan (and McD) ****ed up royally in how they presented the coaching change, because they shouldn't have made playoffs the goal.

This team isn't a playoff team under JC, it's not a playoff team under Q, it's not a playoff team under prime Scotty Bowman. It's not good enough. Which is ok... look at the Kings and the Penguins, 8 of the last 9 cup winners are outside the playoffs right now because a cap system makes you pay the bill for winning. So be transparent with your fans, tell them there's going to be a rough ride til you reload, and get back at it. Don't basically sell the new guy as the key to making the playoffs when there's like a 1% fluke chance that happens.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
How do you even know yet? The guy has barely had any practices with the team, let alone an off-season or training camp. We've got a core of guys that have played the same way over almost 10 years, probably should have had their tactics adjusted and adapted gradually over the last few years but didn't, and are now getting a crash course on the fly.

I thought Stan (and McD) ****ed up royally in how they presented the coaching change, because they shouldn't have made playoffs the goal.

This team isn't a playoff team under JC, it's not a playoff team under Q, it's not a playoff team under prime Scotty Bowman. It's not good enough. Which is ok... look at the Kings and the Penguins, 8 of the last 9 cup winners are outside the playoffs right now because a cap system makes you pay the bill for winning. So be transparent with your fans, tell them there's going to be a rough ride til you reload, and get back at it. Don't basically sell the new guy as the key to making the playoffs when there's like a 1% fluke chance that happens.
I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t read your post, it was way too long. I’m just gonna say I want Joki playing top pairing minutes and if he’s not then I’m pissed.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
your HOF coach **** the bed for 3 years......the right guy got canned, sorry you can't deal with it emotionally...if you need some assistance there are 1-800 #'s to help with coping and grieving..

Which 3 years were those? Did one of them include the year the Hawks had the most points in the Western Conference? Is one of them this year where the team was treading water and not a total and complete embarrassment? Or is one of them when the team comfortably qualified for the playoffs and a young D-man turned the puck over in game 7? Just trying to understand the timeline.

It's super hard to make a quality argument that Q was the problem with this team. It's an undeniable dumpster fire right now. I don't in any way shape or form find this preferable to being a competitive team that happened to lose in the first round of the playoffs. There will be very good teams that lose in the first round of the playoffs this year, just like every single year.

Crow

May 19, 2014
It is not coaching ...it is about the desire to keep. Legends at a high cost past their prime ...about lack of inspiration from the core vets..about be honest depth of talent. ..and most of all about goaltending...

.862 save % does not win you many games..

Yes our ten defense and team offense both stilnk...but there is no confidence either that our goalies can stop the leaks...

Turn the .862 to..962 and you would see the confidence spread ...and our offense would be encouraged and invigorated by knowing they had a wall at their backs. .

Now it is like they EXPECT first few minutes to be behind 3-4 goals in first 3-10 minutes of every game..like they expect to climb a steep mountain ...becomes self-filling prophecy ..Expect to lose. .so why try hard ...just wasted energy for futility..So bad attitude creeps in and compete level drops

On the other hand ...Arizona now very confident behind their new star in net Adin Jill who has pjayed lije a Wall.. They feel like they can win now. And are consequently playing to win.

Goaltending is the great equalizer and 70% of winning..Our goalies cannot save the team for their lives. .and the team plays lije doom is coming every shift ..lost confidence in their own a bit ..now sunk to the inevitability of losing..and so it has become a surrender to their fate ..and the play /compete level. L has dropped to sporadic trickles ..
There hasn’t been a goalie in the history of man-kind who would be a .962 on this team. Jesus on any team. Even a great defensive one. Goaltending has nothing to do with this at all.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’m just glad Stan is playing the long game. He didn’t waste picks/cap to save his job last summer. I’m sure he’s seeing the same potential we all see if he drafts hughes/kakko and adds a panarin/stone type forward. The pain is worth it this year. Theres help coming...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad