NCAA: Bowl Thread

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Orgeron is a defensive line coach masquerading as a head coach and would not be a head coach at any other major program in the country.

Weird game. UCF did not have its QB and LSU was missing 8 starters on defense. LSU was more effectively able to replace its 8 players than UCF was able to do with its QB.

LSU’s third string players OTOH would probably be first team All Americans in other conferences

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When the wastes of oxygen on ESPN were talking about how UCF are frauds who didn't deserve to be in the playoff I was praying to God that some alert producer had put the Notre Dame logo on the screen.

Reactions: HisIceness

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Orgeron is a defensive line coach masquerading as a head coach and would not be a head coach at any other major program in the country.

Weird game. UCF did not have its QB and LSU was missing 8 starters on defense. LSU was more effectively able to replace its 8 players than UCF was able to do with its QB.

Literally nobody wanted Orgeron near their program after USC. Les throws him a bone and Ed snakes him. LSU could have had Tom Herman or Jimbo Fisher and went with Ed O. The day Dave Aranda leaves, it's going to implode.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What was the original reason for the bowl games? I mean now it's sponsorship-based, but the Rose Bowl used to be considered a New Years' Day tradition, and this goes back decades. With all the talk about meaningless bowl games and the like, why is the Rose Bowl meaningless? I look at the Rose Bowl on New Years Day like I look at the NFL on Thanksgiving. It's an American Institution. Now I'm all in favor of making the Rose Bowl always a playoff game, but I would say increase the number of teams you can have in the playoffs and make sure that there is a playoff game always on New Years Day.

Heck, I would plan it so the Rose Bowl is always the championship game, played on New Years Day at the same time as always.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Literally nobody wanted Orgeron near their program after USC. Les throws him a bone and Ed snakes him. LSU could have had Tom Herman or Jimbo Fisher and went with Ed O. The day Dave Aranda leaves, it's going to implode.
I’m not trying to be bias but I really don’t think Herman was ever gonna go to LSU.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
The Texas hype train will be starting early; Collin Johnson will be returning to school.

Sep 19, 2008
I was obviously out of the country for two weeks but I was checking apps to keep abreast of collegiate football scores and I was shocked to see at the time that MSU put up 6 points. Georgia also somehow lost to Texas. Not sure how this could possibly happen. MSU is elite...

@Halladay

imagine putting up 6 points in a bowl game :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
damn :laugh:

I thought 3-2 was bad but that damn

beamer.0.0.jpeg

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I was obviously out of the country for two weeks but I was checking apps to keep abreast of collegiate football scores and I was shocked to see at the time that MSU put up 6 points. Georgia also somehow lost to Texas. Not sure how this could possibly happen. MSU is elite...

@Halladay

imagine putting up 6 points in a bowl game :laugh:
I only watched some of the LSU/UCF game and Alabama/OU.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia Tech still lost that game, too. That was 6-3 in double overtime

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That was the same VT team that beat the eventual national champion Buckeyes in Columbus too. Such a weird team that Hokie squad was. That WF game was legendary though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->