NCAA: Bowl Thread

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I haven't seen UCF look this bad in some time. It's not even a talent difference. LSU just clearly outcoached them and out executed. UCF just didn't plan this game well and made way too many mistakes.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not sure if this is the beginning of something good for Kentucky or if this is just a flash in the pan and they go back to winning 6 or 7 at best.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well it was fun while it lasted. The team is still set up to be in contention for a NY6 bowl every year which is all you can hope. Hopefully they can coach up the QB in the off-season because he was pitiful today.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UCF did a good job all things considered. I would have liked to see them push the ball more, but their line didn't hold up.

That unsportsmanlike penalty in the 1st quarter when they were up 14-3 that let to LSU first touchdown was a killer. They also executed poorly all game which took them out of their rhythm and when theyretnot in rhythm they aren't looking good.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Just Google NCAA record book UCF and it will take you to the page.

Ok, I read it. You are overstating what it actually says. The heading is "final national poll leaders" and UCF is listed as the poll leader by "Colley" who, interestingly has only been listed as a "major selector" for two years.

This same poll had Alabama as its national champion for 2016... despite Alabama losing to Clemson in the playoff.

So I tell you what, if you can find anyone else who has the stones to claim Alabama, not Clemson, was the national champion 2 years ago then I'll consider your claim. Until then this Colley pollster is a joke.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UCF did a good job all things considered. I would have liked to see them push the ball more, but their line didn't hold up.
They accounted well for themselves. If they had Milton, they could have won. Especially with all the guys LSU was missing. They were in it until the end and no one can say LSU didn't show up either.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Not sure if this is the beginning of something good for Kentucky or if this is just a flash in the pan and they go back to winning 6 or 7 at best.

I think at long as Stoops stays it will be "good" by Kentucky standards where 7 wins becomes the minimum acceptable standard and winning 8 or 9 is not uncommon. For UK football that's a huge improvement over the previous 50+years of my lifetime

Reactions: HisIceness

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Ed Orgeron is a so-so coach that gets bailed out by his high end talent

Orgeron is a defensive line coach masquerading as a head coach and would not be a head coach at any other major program in the country.

Weird game. UCF did not have its QB and LSU was missing 8 starters on defense. LSU was more effectively able to replace its 8 players than UCF was able to do with its QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad