NCAA: Bowl Thread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hoping for a Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl for A&M. Selfishly want them in the Texas Bowl so I can see them play, but it’s not what’s best for the program.

The way the SEC teams get distributed will be interesting to follow tomorrow.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia Tech probably hoping for the Military Bowl since it’s close by.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I want to go to the bowl game at Chase Field, sigh, the Cheez-It Bowl. (Seriously, these bowl game names are getting worse and worse with each passing season.) I just hope ASU heads elsewhere, because the one time I went to Chase Field for the game, the Sun Devils were there, and getting through the gates was a pain.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I want to go to the bowl game at Chase Field, sigh, the Cheez-It Bowl. (Seriously, these bowl game names are getting worse and worse with each passing season.) I just hope ASU heads elsewhere, because the one time I went to Chase Field for the game, the Sun Devils were there, and getting through the gates was a pain.

My favorites were the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl and the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Also loved the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's really ridiculous. Even the iconic bowl games get whatever sponsor strapped onto it. Same silliness that happens to all of our arenas and stadiums.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So has San Diego invited Stanford or Cal to their Poinsettia bowl yet? That's a Pac 12 match up usually. Either that or the Sun Bowl or maybe an early bowl.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cheez-Its are awesome though.

My favorites were the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl and the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Also loved the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl.
galleryfurniture.com Bowl was a good one

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia Tech going to the Military Bowl against Cincinnati.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
First ever matchup between the two although Jimbo Fisher knows NC State from his time at FSU.

Yep, he played them 8 times and went 5-3 against them.

It'll be an interesting matchup. Two of the best P5 run defenses, two of the worst P5 pass defenses (NC State is the worst). A strong passing offense and a strong rushing offense. My intuition tells me A&M should be favored slightly, but the stats point toward NC State.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
tOSU would be a tough matchup for Udub regardless, but I wonder how the players will respond to it being Meyer's last hurrah.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Pampers Bowl and all these marginal games suck. The biggest problem is quite a few guys decide not to play to worry about the draft. Take a guy like Will Greir, i'm not certain he's an NFL QB at all, his college career has been a roller coaster, he can use all the reps he can get. He could probably torch the Syracuse defense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Grier is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick, he doesn’t need reps in a dumb bowl game where he could get hurt and hurt his draft stock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->