Prospect Info: Bowen Byram - D [2019: 4th Overall] Part II: Now serving a side of overconfidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This list is defensible on some level, at least for the most part. Button's list was fine.

Wheeler's prospect list was a crime against humanity. I'm sorry but it was just flamingly awful.

My point is the same reaction happens with every list.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I think Byram has higher upside than Tkachuk, but I would make that trade today.

Even if Tkachuk only hits his floor he would be very nice to go along with the Avs current roster.
I love Tkachuk (I both love and hate him to be honest) but for similar reasons which make me like him so much Byram is untouchable in my eyes.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I don’t know. Brindamour has made Svech a very well rounded player. He’s pretty underrated defensively and Tkachuks “grit” is pretty overrated. We’ve all seen how he performs in the playoffs when grit is needed most... and he shies off a lot when contested.

I think you have the "Tkachuk's" mixed up.

Brady hasn't played one playoff game.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Brady Tkachuk or Bowen Byram?

Is there really a debate?

Brady makes us harder to play against. He would make our team better right now. He is a legit 20 goal top 6 forward playing on a horrible team. Put him with Mack and he scores 35. Plus he hits, blocks shots, fights and is a net presence.

Byram isn't even a lock to make this team as bottom pair Dman.

Brady Tkachuk is the better player all day long.

Reactions: Barklez

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What's getting lost with all the people being mad is that Byram is the top defensive prospect on the list. Is that a good or bad thing though with how dumb Pronman and his list are?!?!?

Reactions: henchman21

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What's getting lost with all the people being mad is that Byram is the top defensive prospect on the list. Is that a good or bad thing though with how dumb Pronman and his list are?!?!?

Pronman doesn’t have to be a complete idiot, or a total genius. There can be some middle ground.

I don’t even know where I’d rate Byram honestly. I need to see him at the pro level.

I don’t think Pronman values defenders too highly from where he ranked Makar, Hughes, Heiskanen, Sanderson, Bouchard, and Drysdale.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Honestly, is there a reason Pronman has such a big name in hockey, other than just being known for having a big name? He's like Paris Hilton. He's famous for being famous.

He's really bad at talent evaluations and that's his main area of "expertise." Why does he get so much notoriety? There's millions of people who are just as clueless.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Brady makes us harder to play against. He would make our team better right now. He is a legit 20 goal top 6 forward playing on a horrible team. Put him with Mack and he scores 35. Plus he hits, blocks shots, fights and is a net presence.

Byram is a top 2 dman in two years

Reactions: Ararana

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I have 100k in savings, that's bolder than my HF account. I'll wire someone here 5000$ if Byram isn't a top 2 defenseman, at least Girard level. Book it.
I’ll link my account info...

j/k, I am high on Bowen too. Not sure where this bust talk is coming from.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO

There's so much wrong with this quote I have to congratulate you on doing a good job! A good job letting everyone know your opinion sucks.

Reactions: Patagonia

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I would've done that trade on draft day 2019, but not now. Brady is finishing his ELC this season, and Byram has three more years at $925k.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
JFC the homerism in here hurts.

Byram has a good shot at ending up a top pairing dman but he will be dropping jaws if he does that in the next two years.

Brady was who I wanted all along and I’d still take him every day of the week over Byram.

With Brady in the top6 this is a very different team the last year or two and Byram might not even be on the roster next year. Yes ELCs will be worth their weight in gold to the Avs moving forward but so too would a top6 gritty winger (on an ELC) have been the last two years, as the Avs opened their cup window.

Brady was everything this team needed two years ago and instead we got a “best of his class, potential top pairing D” that everyone around here has since decided is the best prospect since sliced bread and have convinced themselves is going to be a sure fire #1D - based on pretty much absolutely nothing.

We have an embarrassment of riches in D prospects at the moment, at least compared to what Avs fans are used to. But let’s not continue to get too carried away with the idea that we’re going to have two legit 1Ds on this roster because Byram would need to hit his absolute ceiling to make that happen. Would I love to be proven wrong, absolutely. Do I think I will be? Absolutely not.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Much harder to find top talent defenseman, I would rather see what Byram has.

That's debatable. There are more top pairing dmen in the league than power forwards like Brady.

And that's IF Byram becomes a top pairing guy in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->