Value of: Bowen Byram at 3rd Overall

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Oilers are too high, Colorado don’t touch this as if they want him theres good chances he’s still there.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
He’s not a legitimate #1 D. He’s a very good PROSPECT defenceman.

Edmonton wouldn’t be interested in my estimation. Our NHL LHD is fine and we have a very strong defensive prospect group.

You have what seems to be a fairly significant number of Hawks fans starting to suggest that he is at least on the Miro Heiskanen level of a prospect if not a Drew Doughty level.

The hyperbole is growing strong on this one.

Reactions: phillipmatchett

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You have what seems to be a fairly significant number of Hawks fans starting to suggest that he is at least on the Miro Heiskanen level of a prospect if not a Drew Doughty level.

The hyperbole is growing strong on this one.

I mean, he’s a really good prospect that scored at a stupid clip this year. The Hawks should be very happy they’ll have the opportunity to draft him at 3... but guaranteed #1 defenceman? No sir. Better prospects than Byram have busted.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Maybe Detroit? Even then I think most teams in the top-10 will be content with just sitting tight and taking whoever ends up falling to them.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think people have the wrong idea of some of the prospects in this draft. There are many established players in this league who probably couldn't be acquired with the Jack Hughes pick. Bowen Byram is not a clear cut elite defenseman. He's simply the best of this draft class by a notable margin.

I can't see Edmonton being in the mix considering their depth at LD is currently quite good and quite young.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would Col, LA, Edm, Det or Buf want to trade up to acquire a legitimate #1 D? If so what would the add-in be?
What is Chicago looking for is the question. Are you just comfortable with swapping picks and getting a prospect or extra picks or are you looking for help right now.

It’s Chicago’s call what they want. They don’t need to move the pick. But if they do they should get something that meets their needs.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Will byram still be available at number 3 ? He is projected to be the number 1 defenseman hands down and could be ready by 2020 season to play.

So does new York pick byram?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->