Bouwmeester in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
I don't think i mentioned half of those lol.

He's supposed to put up points cause Florida has Luongo and Jokinen? They're a bad team with those guys.

His points will come but it will take time for the 55th time.

Mike Milbury is a moron cause he's traded away so many good young players that he didn't give half a chance. They've developed elsewhere and now they're stars.

You sound a lot like Milbury. You're already half givin up on Jbo cause he hasn't reached 25 points yet lol. Even though in his last NHL year he got 20 points and missed 20 games. Had he played the full 82 he would have passed 25. Happy yet?

Just wait til Martin gets his hands on him.

I don't even want to know your opinion on Klesla lol. He's scored 2 goals in each of the last 2 seasons too.

Milbury's been with the Islanders for how long now? He must be doing something right since his team's made the playoffs the last couple years or so. Can we say the same for the Panthers and all that "star" power? haha.

He hasn't scored a point in the last 19 AHL games and was on an 8 game scoreless streak at the end of the last NHL season, so your prediction of him getting 25 points if he had played those 20 games seems iffy at best...one things for sure, it definitely wouldn't have been 5 goals. :biglaugh:

With or without Martin...he won't turn into Wade Redden so forget it.

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:

So were Derek MacKenzie and Travis Roche, but they actually earned those marks by either scoring a goal or assisting on one. Bouwmeester on the otherhand, was just lucky to be on the ice when a goal was scored...he didn't really earn anything...0 points in 19 games tells you that.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Lauser3 said:
With or without Martin...he won't turn into Wade Redden so forget it.

Oh, I think he most likely will. I am very confident that he can reach that level (although I am sure you will map out how they did when they were younger to disagree). I hope he can be better.

At the very least, whether he is worse, as good or better than Redden, I feel Wade is a better comparison style-wise than some of the names mentioned (Pronger, Jovo, Bobby ****ing Orr). There are at least similarities, so it's up to Jay Bo to work hard and reach that level if he can.

Ok, now I will shut up :D

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
You're contradicting yourself.

In 1 paragraph you don't think he should have been in the NHL at 18/19. But in the other you say well since he's there has HAS to produce.

Choose 1.

If he's in the NHL as an 18/19/20 year old he's not goin to produce many points. That's just life as an NHL dman. You have to cut him some slack at this age.

If his point total is 25 at age 26 then you are correct about his game.

Oh I have...I don't want them in the NHL but they are so I have to live with it and hold them accountable like everyone else. You following? So you're going to give him a 7/8 year window for him to start producing? Geez, no wonder you're never disappointed. haha. Five years...tops. Laters.

Lauser3*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Oh, I think he most likely will. I am very confident that he can reach that level (although I am sure you will map out how they did when they were younger to disagree). I hope he can be better.

At the very least, whether he is worse, as good or better than Redden, I feel Wade is a better comparison style-wise than some of the names mentioned (Pronger, Jovo, Bobby ****ing Orr). There are at least similarities, so it's up to Jay Bo to work hard and reach that level if he can.

Ok, now I will shut up :D

Wade's never had less than 20 points per season and this goes back to his rookie year, when he was a 19 year old all year. 6 goals and 24 assists for 30 points in 82 games compared to Jaystine's 4 and 12 for 16 in 82 as a 19 year old as well. Wade's also a leader and steps up when called upon...even taking on much bigger/tougher guys and dropping the gloves when Ottawa was getting pushed around during the season. I mean, the guy can do it all and will do it all to win, defend a teammate, and especially his goaltender. He also doesn't shy away from the physical play despite being 2 inches shorter and 15 lbs. lighter than Jaystine. So basically...not a chance, but you can dream anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser, you're clueless.

Most of the stud number ones didn't become great until they reached 25.

It took Pronger 7 years to win his Hart/Norris. For some reason you laughed when i said it will take Jbo a good 7 years to show he's a star.

Redden is how old? 27. He's just now entering his prime. Again you laughed when i said it will take Jbo time to become a star. For some reason you want it at age 20.

And if you bought into Jbo being the teams number 1 right out of junior you're more clueless than i thought lol. At that time he was too good for junior. That doesn't mean he goes to the NHL and dominates. It means he starts at the bottom and works his way up.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:
Wade's never had less than 20 points per season and this goes back to his rookie year, when he was a 19 year old all year. 6 goals and 24 assists for 30 points in 82 games compared to Jaystine's 4 and 12 for 16 in 82 as a 19 year old as well.

Why do you use that comparison? It's not relevant. Redden's rookie year of 1996-97 is light years away from Jbo's 2002-03. Points were easier to get back then. The year before Jagr got 149 points.

Compare the young dman of today. Not 7 years ago. It's like comparing Stevens young years. Opps you already did that lol.

Hamhuis and Pitkanen are the only comparables to Jbo in terms of closeness to year drafted and points.

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
Lauser, you're clueless.

Most of the stud number ones didn't become great until they reached 25.

It took Pronger 7 years to win his Hart/Norris. For some reason you laughed when i said it will take Jbo a good 7 years to show he's a star.

Redden is how old? 27. He's just now entering his prime. Again you laughed when i said it will take Jbo time to become a star. For some reason you want it at age 20.

And if you bought into Jbo being the teams number 1 right out of junior you're more clueless than i thought lol. At that time he was too good for junior. That doesn't mean he goes to the NHL and dominates. It means he starts at the bottom and works his way up.

Answer my question...WHO was Florida's number 1 defenseman after Ozolinsh was traded? Hmmm? Why do you keep avoiding this question every time huh? :D

Pronger had 30 points as a 19 year old rookie and 35 points by age 22/23. Redden scored 30 points as a 19 year old rookie and reached 36 points by age 22. Lidstrom posted 60 points as a 21 year old rookie. Jovanovski never scored lower than 20 points in any season (despite injuries) since being a 19 year old rookie and reached 47 points by age 24. Niedermayer put up 40 points as a 19 year old rookie. 64 points for 22 year old Chelios. 46 points for 21 year old rookie Rob Blake. 71 points for 21 year old rookie Brian Leetch. And you want to compare Jaystine's 16 points as a 19 year old rookie to those guys and you're calling me clueless??? :biglaugh:

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
Why do you use that comparison? It's not relevant. Redden's rookie year of 1996-97 is light years away from Jbo's 2002-03. Points were easier to get back then. The year before Jagr got 149 points.

Compare the young dman of today. Not 7 years ago. It's like comparing Stevens young years. Opps you already did that lol.

Hamhuis and Pitkanen are the only comparables to Jbo in terms of closeness to year drafted and points.

Excuse number what now? I lost track... :shakehead

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:
Answer my question...WHO was Florida's number 1 defenseman after Ozolinsh was traded? Hmmm? Why do you keep avoiding this question every time huh? :D

Pronger had 30 points as a 19 year old rookie and 35 points by age 22/23. Redden scored 30 points as a 19 year old rookie and reached 36 points by age 22. Lidstrom posted 60 points as a 21 year old rookie. Jovanovski never scored lower than 20 points in any season (despite injuries) since being a 19 year old rookie and reached 47 points by age 24. Niedermayer put up 40 points as a 19 year old rookie. 64 points for 22 year old Chelios. 46 points for 21 year old rookie Rob Blake. 71 points for 21 year old rookie Brian Leetch. And you want to compare Jaystine's 16 points as a 19 year old rookie to those guys and you're calling me clueless??? :biglaugh:

For the 2nd time those stats aren't relevant.

IT WAS A DIFFERENT NHL BACK THEN!!!! lol.

The players you just named had their rookie seasons when Selanne scored 76 goals as a rookie, Gretzky was scoring 215 points or Bure was hitting 60.

A far cry when the Rocket Richard trophy winner gets 40 now a days.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:

He may have been Florida's number 3 dman in ice time but that doesn't mean he's a number 1 defenseman.

It shows you how thin the team is. Like most rebuilding teams they have room for very young players in their lineups.

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
For the 2nd time those stats aren't relevant.

IT WAS A DIFFERENT NHL BACK THEN!!!! lol.

The players you just named had their rookie seasons when Selanne scored 76 goals as a rookie, Gretzky was scoring 215 points or Bure was hitting 60.

A far cry when the Rocket Richard trophy winner gets 40 now a days.

Different time...different era...players were bigger...players were smaller...goaltenders were better...goaltenders were worse...players were better...players were worse...

Do you ever run out of excuses??

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
He may have been Florida's number 3 dman in ice time but that doesn't mean he's a number 1 defenseman.

It shows you how thin the team is. Like most rebuilding teams they have room for very young players in their lineups.

You're avoiding answering the question, if Bouwmeester was not our #1 defenseman after Ozolinsh was traded, then who was???

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
It's not an excuse. You're using BS stats.............again.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Okay then (even though you'll likely come up with yet another excuse for him) let's go by the relevant stats you want to go by shall we?

JAY BOUWMEESTER

NHL : 143 GP 6 G 30 A 36 PTS 44 PIM
AHL : 97 GP 10 G 17 A 27 PTS 78 PIM

JONI PITKANEN

NHL: 87 GP 8 G 22 A 30 PTS 50 PIM
AHL: 90 GP 9 G 38 A 47 PTS 115 PIM

DAN HAMHUIS

NHL: 80 GP 7 G 19 A 26 PTS 57 PIM
AHL: 151 GP 19 G 61 A 80 PTS 176 PIM

Now, you may proceed with your excuses for him.... :)

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:
Different time...different era...players were bigger...players were smaller...goaltenders were better...goaltenders were worse...players were better...players were worse...

Do you ever run out of excuses??

OMG.

Next you're goin to say Hull scoring 86 in 90 is twice as better as Iginla scoring 41 in 03.

You can't compare the two. :shakehead

It's not an excuse, it's FACT.

You're makin yourself look worse and worse.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:
You're avoiding answering the question, if Bouwmeester was not our #1 defenseman after Ozolinsh was traded, then who was???

I already answered that.

Number one dman get the most amount of ice time, no? Figure it out.

I'm not answering anymore of your horrible stat questions.

Go get a job workin for MLB.

Lauser3*

Ivan Majesky? Ivan "Freaking" Majesky is who you are calling our #1 defenseman after Ozo was traded??? And you say I look worse and worse? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
I already answered that.

Number one dman get the most amount of ice time, no? Figure it out.

I'm not answering anymore of your horrible stat questions.

Go get a job workin for MLB.

I figured...very lame and cowardly on your part. Not surprising however. Next time I need an excuse for a player...I'll know who to ask. :shakehead

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
It's unfair to use statistics, unfair to use cases vs cases. Not every player develops at the same pace as others, and if one takes longer than another it doesn't necessarily mean he is going to be worse, or better for that matter than the other.

Give J-Bo time, he's just a boy.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Uh-oh looks like a just entered the ring while everyone else left it...

Well it's 2:01 AM here, feel free to continue your argument, I'll chime in possibly tomorrow.

Lauser3*

tomerez said:
It's unfair to use statistics, unfair to use cases vs cases. Not every player develops at the same pace as others, and if one takes longer than another it doesn't necessarily mean he is going to be worse, or better for that matter than the other.

Give J-Bo time, he's just a boy.

He's a full grown man making a living playing a sport...he's not a boy anymore. He'll be 22 in September which means legally, he's been an adult for some time now. I'm sure he doesn't need mommy or daddy to sign his million dollar contract(s) either.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lauser3 said:
I figured...very lame and cowardly on your part. Not surprising however. Next time I need an excuse for a player...I'll know who to ask. :shakehead

Cowardly? This is the internet lol.

You're way too easy to debate with.

You clearly have a vendetta against Jbo. That much is obvious. For some reason you can't see how good a player you have on your team.

29 other teams would love to have him.

You're like Boston fan who will always have a problem with Thornton. Montreal fan who will always have a problem with Koivu. Leaf fan who will always have a problem with Sundin. Atlanta fan who will always say Kovalchuk never passes enough even if he scores 100 goals. Every team has one or two just like you.

Chicago fan never liked Zhamnov no matter how many assists he got. Chicago fans knock on him was he didn't score often enough and he was soft.

But 29 other teams would love to have the player you type of fan love to put down at any cost.

There's no talkin to you type of fan. You will put down player X no matter how well he does. In your case you will even bring up stats from 1981-82 and say they're relevant to todays game.

I'm not goin replay anymore and it's not cause i'm a coward lol. It's cause it's like talkin to an 8 year old about Hockey.

Lauser3*

Wally112pac said:
Cowardly? This is the internet lol.

You're way too easy to debate with.

You clearly have a vendetta against Jbo. That much is obvious. For some reason you can't see how good a player you have on your team.

29 other teams would love to have him.

You're like Boston fan who will always have a problem with Thornton. Montreal fan who will always have a problem with Koivu. Leaf fan who will always have a problem with Sundin. Atlanta fan who will always say Kovalchuk never passes enough even if he scores 100 goals. Every team has one or two just like you.

Chicago fan never liked Zhamnov no matter how many assists he got. Chicago fans knock on him was he didn't score often enough and he was soft.

But 29 other teams would love to have the player you type of fan love to put down at any cost.

There's no talkin to you type of fan. You will put down player X no matter how well he does. In your case you will even bring up stats from 1981-82 and say they're relevant to todays game.

I'm not goin replay anymore and it's not cause i'm a coward lol. It's cause it's like talkin to an 8 year old about Hockey.

Always avoiding the questions...even ignoring the "relevant" stats you wanted regarding Pitkanen/Hamhuis/Bouwmeester. Typical. All you are is talk...excuses, after excuses, after excuses. Be a man...own up. Your boy's underperformed thus far in pros. Period. Laters.

Lauser3*

Oh, btw...Jaystine had the most ice time after Ozo was traded just so you know, so he was the #1. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad