Bouwmeester, boyle?? what happened to DION

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004
Once again Dion phaneuf proves hes arguably the best player on the flames squad scoring 2 goals and one was the OT winner. Everyone talked about how he shoulda been named to team canada in the first sequence, then 2 guys go down, so you would assume that he gets named this time...but no. I really hope this whole "experience over youth" doesnt bite us in the A**. Besides experience id like to hear a logical reason why phaneuf wasnt named ahead of these guys. Hes obvioulsy proved that he is better then these other 2 d men or even mccabe for that matter. He is the ideal Jovanovski type Dman that woulda replaced him well

Hockeyfan_86

Nov 26, 2003
Bouwmeester...no goals, -6. :clap:
Norris... undoubtedly.
Hart...maybe.

I agree tho, where is Dion?

Dogbert*

If Canadian blueliners keep biting the dust at this rate, you'll be seeing THE DION in Turin soon enough.

KH1

OMFG DION IS TEH L33TZORS!!!11!!!!1

Not to rip on you but I really fail to see the reason for another thread about Phaneuf. He had one really good game, Bouwmeester had one really bad game. No big deal.

If y'all don't want J-Bo the US team would be more than happy to take him off your hands.

Dogbert*

King Henry I said:

Not to rip on you but I really fail to see the reason for another thread about Phaneuf. He had one really good game, Bouwmeester had one really bad game. No big deal.

If y'all don't want J-Bo the US team would be more than happy to take him off your hands.

Those are Bouwmeester's stats for the season. 0-27-27, -6 in 56 GP.

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004
King Henry I said:

Obviously, with US lineup this year, you guys would be more then happy to take any of our 80 guys that were originally listed

Phanuthier*

They should really take Eric Brewer. Two time Olympian (one gold) and World Cup champion. Tons of experiance.

I wonder why he was at the top of the list before, but doesn't even get mention now? :sarcasm:

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Phanuthier said:
They should really take Eric Brewer. Two time Olympian (one gold) and World Cup champion. Tons of experiance.

I wonder why he was at the top of the list before, but doesn't even get mention now? :sarcasm:

He is out with a seperated shoulder, or else I bet they would have tooken him before Jay.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Phaneuf will be there eventually dont worry. Hey even Scott Stevens was cut from his first two Team Canada tryouts. Bouwmeester might be the only d-man that can skate like Niedermaye though and they need a d-man that can lug the puck up the ice to the talented forwards.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
It still boggles my mind.
Although I live in Calgary, I am a transplanted Vancouverite and, therefore, I hate the Flames and every one of their players.
But anyone who thinks that Bouwmeester or Boyle are better dmen than Phaneuf don't know a lot about hockey.
I think the Team Canada brass, and, in particular, Pat Quinn, prefer to use players with more experience rather than younger, more talented guys.
In a few weeks, we can all pass judgement on this decision.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Jay Boumeester was one of the most highly touted picks in recent memory. His team is brutal but its not like his skills have fallen off the map

They were comparing this kid to PAUL COFFEY.

He has already won a World Champ, World Cup and he was (like Spezza) one of the youngest players to be on the World Jr team for Canada.

He's not some schmuck that they picked up from the waiver line.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
You people...

That badmouth Bou know nothing about Canadian hockey.He's having a sub par season maybe but the things he does for the short ended blueline in Fla. is noticed by true hockey fans(hussles,experience beyond his years,can skate end to end with the puck etc...).He might not have the shot of Dion but everything else is level or above.He was a key to the World Cup team and I see him flourishing with no Nieds at the back end.GO BOU! :handclap:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Phaneuf is clearly the greatest human being ever.

In fact, After a 3-0 victory in which he scored all 3 goals, Eddie Shore was once quoted as saying: "Yeah, it was cool and all...but I'm no Dion Phaneuf"

So stop being player-haters plz.

Interesting fact: Did you know Dion Phaneuf has more hits than Celine Dion? (no relation, btw).

In a somewhat related story, he was originally chosed for the leading role in Titanic. Sadly, his refusal to "clutch and grab" in the car scene forced the director to look elsewhere, eventually settling on Kate Winslett.

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I love people who defend their opinion by saying more or less "If you don't agree with *insert OPINION here* then you obviously know nothing about hockey.

Some people think he should have been there, some don't.

You'll live. Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad