Confirmed with Link: Bouwmeester agrees to 5-year extension worth of 27 million, AAV 5.4

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Contract is just looking worse and worse with every passing year. IMO, he was one of the biggest liabilities on the team this post season. I truly believe that Petro burned out not only because he played a ridiculous number of minutes, but also because he was continuously forced to cover for J-Bow's mistakes.

His best assets are speed and stick work, but those skills just continue to deteriorate rapidly every year. He looked absolutely horrible last night constantly trapping himself in the corner because he can no longer out skate anyone. I don't think there's any chance we can trade him or dump him, so I guess we are just stuck with him for 4 more years..... :facepalm:

Most likely will end up on third pairing behind Edmundson and Gunnarson when all is said and done.

I'd like to know the details of the NTC (full or partial), but I think the contract is fine. I want to find another partner for Petro, but I think Jay Bo will be fine as a 2nd pairing guy for the next couple years. There are much worse things in the world than spending $5.4 mil on a 2nd pairing guy and he should be movable at that price if the NTC is limited. I'd like to see them try a Jay-Bo/Parayko pairing through camp. I think Jay-Bo is good enough to allow Parayko to play an offensive game against 2nd and 3rd lines.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
2 mil for Jax and 2.5 for Polak isn't unreasonable. I highly doubt that we just let Jax walk after he's been a lifetime Blue. Polak might walk and Hakanpaa, Fairchild, or Cole might take his place but I will bet my life's savings Jax stays on the 3rd pairing and remains a Blue forever.

Good thing you never made that bet. ;)

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Contract is just looking worse and worse with every passing year. IMO, he was one of the biggest liabilities on the team this post season. I truly believe that Petro burned out not only because he played a ridiculous number of minutes, but also because he was continuously forced to cover for J-Bow's mistakes.

His best assets are speed and stick work, but those skills just continue to deteriorate rapidly every year. He looked absolutely horrible last night constantly trapping himself in the corner because he can no longer out skate anyone. I don't think there's any chance we can trade him or dump him, so I guess we are just stuck with him for 4 more years..... :facepalm:

Most likely will end up on third pairing behind Edmundson and Gunnarson when all is said and done.

No offense, but take an honest look around at what UFA Dmen make. Jaybo for all his failings, is still a top 30 LHD in the NHL. Please name me 30 LHD that a tier up on him.

Is he a number 1 dman no. But he is a number two on most teams in the NHL. You want anchors, look at the Dmen Philli has signed. Brooks Orpik, I had a list in another thread - where I literally look at 5 NHL teams and listed players that had simular $$ in their contract and were a full step down from Jaybo. You overpay in UFA and - we paid market price.

Is he an ideal partner for Pie? Maybe not, but he is a much better Dman then Edmonson and Gunnarson. But he had a great first two rounds of the playoffs. His steady play allowed Pie to slide into the attaching zone.

If you want to say that you would rather have spent that money on Shatty, that is fine. But, then our left side would look terrible, because you would not be able to find a dman that is better for a cheaper contract w/o trading a solid asset.

If you truely want to blame a dman for looking like junk in the playoffs, then our 3rd pairing should shoulder most fo the blame.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
I really hope that's not his last game just because he's earned to go out how he wants. His health is the number one concern obviously, it would just suck to see his career end that way.

Even if he has to retire he has tax preparation to fall back on, his second hobby.

Reactions: Ranksu

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I would have been here sooner to post, but I had major surgery on Monday (I'm doing amazing) and had no clue about Jay's cardiac episode on Tuesday night.

Please know that I have been praying and thinking of Jay, his family, friends, teammates/coaches and of course, you fans as well. I was so heartbroken when my daughter told me what happened last night, and she showed me the video of Jay's collapse on the bench. Vince Dunn's reaction, then Pietrangelo's right after, will stay with me so long as I live and breathe. I am grateful Jay is still alive and hopefully well. Dunn was so emotional, it broke my heart.

We all forget, through wins and losses, ups and downs point wise, fights, and championships- these guys are all just like the rest of us- human beings. Seeing that occur on video, watching live Jiri Fisher's collapse and Rich Peverly's as well- it's just positively upsetting to see these young men having cardiac episodes like this, where thankfully, they occurred with the best trainers and medical staff available to them all.

I still think that the game has gotten way too fast, especially since the red line was taken out of the play. Some of these guys are on the ice for long shifts, and are completely gassed by the time they get to the bench.

God speed recovery to you, Jay. So glad your father was with you, along with the other Dad's of the St. Louis players during such a traumatic event.

Sorry for my long winded post. I am thinking of you, St. Louis fans. Kind of makes me glad that Jay did win the Cup last year, ya know? Although I wish we had won it last year, perhaps someone else needed it more.........

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Jbo just seems like a great dude. If he doesn’t play another game, I loved the time spent while he was a Blue. He’s been such an anchor for the D. He was a huge part of our cup. He and Parayko were great shutting down other teams top lines.

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
For us die-hards players in a way almost feel like family. Watching what happened to Jaybo just felt so personal. I can't even imagine what it was like for his teammates. So relieved that he appears to be doing well and whether he ever plays again, hopefully he can resume a normal healthy life.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad