Confirmed with Link: Bouwmeester agrees to 5-year extension worth of 27 million, AAV 5.4

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Still waiting for the Pietrangelo contract. While I agree its a pretyy fair contract.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Wow. I was wondering what his cap hit would be beyond next you if he even decided to return. With his cap hit lowering, the salary cap rising, and us deciding what to do with Roy after his contract is up, he should be able to make a real offer for Stastny or anyone else.
5 years might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm happy overall with this one.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Protecting our ***** in anticipation of not being able to re-sign Pietro long term?

Or was it just so his value doesn't go up drastically during the season?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Anything less than $5.5m was going to be a good deal if it wasn't 7+ years. Very happy it is out of the way, we traded a significant asset to get him so it would have been stupid not to have committed as soon as possible on a longer term deal. I'd imagine playing next season with Pietrangelo, coupled with the cap rising, could easily have got him what he is currently earning in UFA.

I'm still not expecting anything soon on Pietrangelo, but this makes me wonder how far into talks with Steen we are. I did think Pääjärvi would have been signed pretty quickly after the Perron trade.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
wait the salary caps going up next year? I thought it was going down... was I misinformed?

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
wait the salary caps going up next year? I thought it was going down... was I misinformed?

As of 2014-15, the formula for calculating the cap and floor will be the same as in the previous collective agreement:
- After estimating NHL revenue for the coming season, the league calculates the "midpoint" of the projected salary range.
- The salary cap is set at 15 percent above the midpoint. The salary floor is 15 percent below the midpoint.
- The range between salary cap and floor cannot fall below $16 million or rise above $28 million.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I think this is a pretty solid contract. 5 years is good term, 5.4 million is fair money for a top pairing guy. I'm glad we handled this now, and didn't wait until he started putting up nice stats with AP as his partner.

Much better by Army then the Shattenkirk deal.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's not even old. This is a great deal. Trade was great then and still is. Bouwmeester >>>> 1st round pick.

Now we just gotta sign Steen before next summer.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Lol I don't get some people. I have a friend who saw this and assumed it meant we couldn't sign Petro. Don't get how his mind works.

This is a great deal. Now sign Petro long term around 6.5

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

For 2013/14 the cap is $64.3m, and the cap can't fall below that for the remainder of this CBA. This deal doesn't start until 2014/15 and it is likely that the cap will be around $69m after the growth the NHL seen after the lockout.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
That's such a good deal. Now give Petro #7 resign him for 6.7-7m for 8 years and be done with it.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
I like to think that petro is waiting for everyone else to resign so he doesn't hamstring the blues budget. I know its not true but I like to think it.
as for this contract its actualy pretty amazing when you compare it to some other contracts. I mean bogosian just got almost the same deal and jay bo is significantly better in my opinion.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm glad Armstrong is taking care of our pending UFA's next summer. Now he just needs to lock up Steen for 5 years (and Petro obviously), and we are set.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
I like to think that petro is waiting for everyone else to resign so he doesn't hamstring the blues budget. I know its not true but I like to think it.
as for this contract its actualy pretty amazing when you compare it to some other contracts. I mean bogosian just got almost the same deal and jay bo is significantly better in my opinion.

lol, how about Streit 5.25m

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
Get Petro done for at least 6 years and I will be thrilled with the offseason...Locking up the big 3 on D and that more than makes up for the Stewart deal.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nice to see him locked in. As long as the worst possible situation doesn't come up, our defense looks amazing.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
With Petro, Jaybo, Shattenkirk as your top 3 and then rounded out with Polak, Jackman, and Leopold I think his is in the top 3 of best overall units and top end talent.

Yeah definitely. I know it's very very unlikely, but I still get worried about Petro leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->