Pre-Game Talk: Bout that time: Buffalo vs Toronto (The Return of the boy named Nylander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
burning to know for certain if nylander will play
The chances of that are really slim, pretty much non-existent.
Outside chance he plays Thursday, for sure he plays Saturday.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
It would be stupid to have Nylander play this week. He missed training camp and the first 2 months and although he skated on a neighbor hood rink with some part time players, it is not the NHL. I can't see the Leafs having him risk injury. He may be in shape but he is not in game shape. Plus the Leafs play a little different than last year and he has to learn that. I say his first game is Dec 13 on the road against Tampa.

Yeah. Our system has been tweaked. New players, more skill. Nylander will be up to speed in no time.

But he needs a few solid practices in first. Tp not impede with our players who have played 20 games so far.

We need to win our division. 2 pts is 2 pts. Wille will be electric by end of Dec no doubt.

Go leafs!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This should be a win (B2B for the Sabres) but they are off to a good start and have two goalies who are playing well.

KitchenSink

Dec 3, 2018
It would be stupid to have Nylander play this week. He missed training camp and the first 2 months and although he skated on a neighbor hood rink with some part time players, it is not the NHL. I can't see the Leafs having him risk injury. He may be in shape but he is not in game shape. Plus the Leafs play a little different than last year and he has to learn that. I say his first game is Dec 13 on the road against Tampa.

Yeah. Our system has been tweaked. New players, more skill. Nylander will be up to speed in no time.

But he needs a few solid practices in first. Tp not impede with our players who have played 20 games so far.

We need to win our division. 2 pts is 2 pts. Wille will be electric by end of Dec no doubt.

Go leafs!!

The changes to the system are not that drastic. Nylander is a very smart and talented player. You have got to be able to give him a little bit of credit, he is capable of figuring it out pretty quick or even on the fly. Players get traded to new teams and play in games with their new teams without a practice and manage just fine.

Nylander has been practicing and working out for the past 2 months. I agree, he may not be up to speed with players who are in mid season form. But he's not going to get in "game shape" by practicing more. December 13th? That's 12 full days after the signing! It's not like he's been sitting on the couch and forgotten how to play hockey.

Nylander is the kind of talent that you try to insert into your lineup as soon as possible. I really don't think there is any chance he will impede the team. Adding a player like Nylander is never considered a minus for a team. Especially when the player that will be inserted into the lineup instead of Nylander will be Gauthier, now that Leivo has been traded. I think Nylander should be in the lineup no later than Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad