Pre-Game Talk: Bout that time: Buffalo vs Toronto (The Return of the boy named Nylander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Playing Buffalo in Buffalo? Doesn't matter how tired they should be tomorrow, that team is waking up to play the Leafs nonetheless.

Yep. The Sabres say that the Leafs fans in the building fire them up. Don’t know why they need that to get up for the game but that’s what helps them.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yep. The Sabres say that the Leafs fans in the building fire them up. Don’t know why they need that to get up for the game but that’s what helps them.

It's their building - the electricity generated from Leafs fans absolutely overtaking that place, actually fuels them. It's not just another game for them in that building

Reactions: Erdinger

member 147413

Will be cheering loud at this one. Anyone else making the trip?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Need to bring a good effort in this one .. None of that crap-tastic, fluke of a win, effort from Saturday night.

Send a message to the Sabres that the Leafs are on another level.

Then again the game is in Buffalo - so that isn't promising.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I expect the Sabres to lay an egg in Nashville tonight, saving themselves for the Leafs tomorrow.

Watch, the Sabres will look rested tomorrow night, while our Leafs will look like they're playing the 2nd game in two nights.

I hope the hell not, but, it's our Leafs playing in Buffalo, after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erdinger

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Gotta crush them so we can see some of this tomorrow:

Wahhhhh crybaby eichel wahhhhhhh

jack-eichel-1.jpg

Reactions: BertCorbeau

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I wish he could return for tomorrow against Buffalo, those Sabres fans are suddenly quite the cocky bunch. They started their rebuild before us and ever since their 10 game win steak (which still wasn't enough to catch the Leafs in the standings I might add) they think they're a shoe in for the cup. Having all our weapons to demolish them would have been fantastic, whatever as long as he's back for the Bruins game. Would be nothing better than to beat them again.
hockey is such a close game but if our goalie plays ok and we dont stink the bed i see us exposing their defense frequently for high danger chances. leafs win

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
It would be stupid to have Nylander play this week. He missed training camp and the first 2 months and although he skated on a neighbor hood rink with some part time players, it is not the NHL. I can't see the Leafs having him risk injury. He may be in shape but he is not in game shape. Plus the Leafs play a little different than last year and he has to learn that. I say his first game is Dec 13 on the road against Tampa.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad