Pre-Game Talk: Bout that time: Buffalo vs Toronto (The Return of the boy named Nylander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Nylander won't play here but I'm looking forward to seeing him and Matthews beat that Bruin ass up on Saturday.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Is Dermott going to be back for the game tomorrow? Would be kind of dumb to not play a guy that should be in your top 4 against a division rival that you are fighting with for home ice.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
So Babcock said the medical testing will determine when Nylander plays.

The guy's been training hard so I don't think it's farfetched to slot him in for tomorrow.

Reactions: The Cobra

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So Babcock said the medical testing will determine when Nylander plays.

The guy's been training hard so I don't think it's farfetched to slot him in for tomorrow.
Saturday on the road is much more likely.

KitchenSink

Dec 3, 2018
I don't see why he can't be available for Tuesday unless his medical goes poorly. Does the medical take more than 1 day to complete? He is reportedly doing his medical today. He has been practicing and working out this entire time so I doubt it will go poorly.

People are saying that he needs to go through a full practice before he can play in a game. But this isn't a return from injury. players get traded to new teams and play in games without a practice or knowing the nuances of a system all the time. And Nylander already knows the system from playing for 2 years with Babcock. Any changes in the system from last year shouldn't bee too difficult for him to pick up.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
probably a good idea to start him on the road and hope he has a good showing.

if he starts at home and fans boo him that would be pretty funny and sad at the same time

Who would boo him? I see zero acrimony from either side. Everyone said the right things, especially Nylander stating definitively one of his demands was a long term deal because he wants to be here.

I'd be pissed if anyone booed him.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I wish he could return for tomorrow against Buffalo, those Sabres fans are suddenly quite the cocky bunch. They started their rebuild before us and ever since their 10 game win steak (which still wasn't enough to catch the Leafs in the standings I might add) they think they're a shoe in for the cup. Having all our weapons to demolish them would have been fantastic, whatever as long as he's back for the Bruins game. Would be nothing better than to beat them again.

member 262271

Who would boo him? I see zero acrimony from either side. Everyone said the right things, especially Nylander stating definitively one of his demands was a long term deal because he wants to be here.

I think there will probably be an old crusty contigent that will boo him, but they with be drowned out by cheers.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

the guy you quoted has had an agenda since July 1 against Nylander its really not surprising he would boo him to me. I wonde rif he hates nylander more than he loves the leafs.

At a game "go leafs go" and his single voice in between "except for willy"

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
the guy you quoted has had an agenda since July 1 against Nylander its really not surprising he would boo him to me. I wonde rif he hates nylander more than he loves the leafs.

At a game "go leafs go" and his single voice in between "except for willy"
it's so embarrassing that anyone would boo him because of the contract negotiations lol reminds me of that woman on twitter who said she won't watch whenever he is on the ice. i mean, your loss when he scores a hat-trick.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
it's so embarrassing that anyone would boo him because of the contract negotiations lol reminds me of that woman on twitter who said she won't watch whenever he is on the ice. i mean, your loss when he scores a hat-trick.

unfortunately its a side affect of the social media age. Too many people who offer very little to society craving attention, so being different and outrageous makes them feel important

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I wouldn’t be surprised if Willie is in the lineup tomorrow. Reading between the lines Babcock seemed to want him back in the lineup ASAP medical be damned

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn’t be surprised if Willie is in the lineup tomorrow. Reading between the lines Babcock seemed to want him back in the lineup ASAP medical be damned
last I heard was Leafs Lunch saying Babcock was going to wait for medical results before deciding on when to put him in the lineup. Tuesday seems rushed, Thursday is perfect.

Reactions: The Cobra

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all is treally analyzing this thang correctly and having two types of opinions weather william should play tomorrow or not. Babcock is anctious I'm sure as we wants to be a getter. And alredy is of course, but even a badder one at getting it. We gon bounce and swerve on that thang real hard tomorrow and prove the sabres are not even close on us. We have superiour talent, now experience and calmness to our game. As we control ice hockey games and score more than our grandpaps did back in their prime and time. We doing it real big this moment! I'ma sip on this thang and enjoy again tomorrow real hard.

Reactions: al secord

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I was watching some game recaps and Kevin Weekes described Marner as essentially a right handed version of Patrick Kane and a mix of Gaudreau too.

It’s pretty amazing really because if we didn’t have Matthews, Marner is easily a franchise player in his own right.

As for Nylander I think he’s capable of playing tomorrow but maybe jet lag is also something to consider. Get his body back on Toronto time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad